Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 8
Yield: 1 8x4-inch loaf

Ingredients:

2 cups ice cream

1 ½ cups self-rising flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x4-inch loaf pan.

Mix ice cream and flour together in a bowl just until moistened; spread into the prepared pan.

Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.

Notes:

Use any flavor of ice cream. Low-fat and no-sugar versions do not work well.

Nutrition:

Per serving:

149 Calories
4g Fat
25g Carbs
4g Protein

Amethyst’s note: I would let the ice cream melt some to make it easier to stir. But that’s just me, it doesn’t say that on the page.

Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com

9 Likes

You bake the ice-cream! Ok I’ve never heard of this, but I’m going to try it, my kids would like this I think. Thanks :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

It looks yummy @Amethyst

I would never have thought of using ice cream for baking either @tracyS it’s very creative!

6 Likes

This is a WOW thing. It’s a bit hot to turn the oven on in Texas, but I’m trying this when it’s cooler. :icecream:

5 Likes

You’re welcome @tracyS! Why not have bread for dessert? LOL!

Thanks, @marsha! I hope it works like it said it does.

Maybe you could put it in your car and bake it out in the sun? Hee! Keep cool down there!

6 Likes

I could definitely put it in the car, but I don’t want my car to catch on fire. Lol! Insurance company “now how did this happen?” Me, a friend of my gave me a recipe for a ice cream cake! I thought it would cool the car off. Lol! :fire:

6 Likes

Ice cream bread!?!?! I had to read the title like three times and then check the ingredients- it really is a bread made from ice cream! That’s wild! :joy:

I think your note about melting the ice cream first is a smart move- it’ll mix much better (and it’s going to melt in the oven anyways!) :ice_cream: :bread:

Thank you so much- both for the recipe and for the smile! I would absolutely love to try this someday! :laughing: :heart:

6 Likes

Yeah, that would be bad. LOL! Stay cool my friend!

I figured if you wanted to do an entire bread dinner for the Sabbat, then you’d need a dessert! Glad you like it!

5 Likes

All bread! Only bread! Now that would be a Sabbat to remember :laughing: :+1: :bread:

It makes me think of those funny videos where people have to decide if something is real or cake, or when they go around the room biting things to see what is real and what is actually chocolate- but instead of cake or chocolate, it’s all bread :joy: :baguette_bread:

4 Likes

I think I read that in a Harry Potter story for Samhain, but it sounds like a good idea for Lughnasadh. There was a chocolate bread and I was wondering if it was possible and came up with this. Ta-da!

Hee! Real or cake videos are hilarious. I’m almost always wrong in my guessing.

4 Likes

Same here! I’m always on the edge of my seat to see what it is- and my guess is usually wrong too haha. Cake making is truly an impressive art these days :joy: :cake:

Chocolate bread sounds neat too, but I think ice cream bread wins the award for most creative bread! It’s a real winner! :ice_cream: :grin: :bread:

Thanks again for the very fun recipe, Amethyst! :heart:

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’re welcome, love!

4 Likes