Zozo the demon

Has anyone heard about zuzu or zozo the demon?

8 Likes

Just looked up The Dictionary of Demons by M Belanger. No Zozo or Zuzu. That’s not to say he doesn’t exist. I did find Zosiel.

“Zosiel. A mighty duke said to command two thousand two hundred lesser spirits. Zosiel serves the wandering prince Icosiel, whose name and seal appear in the 17th century magical text known as the Ars Theurgia. Zosiel will only appear during the hours and minutes of the forth portion of the day, when the day has been divided up into fifteen equal portions. Zosiel is attracted to people’s homes and is most likely to appear in private houses.” Quote from above book.

I’ve checked my other books and demon apps, nothing but they don’t list everyone. I thought the above beasty kinda fit the bill as talking boards tend to be done in private houses :grin:

Your link mentions Zozo came from the book The Exorcist. I don’t know if that book is based on fact or fiction. I couldn’t find Pazuzu either. It’s worth noting that demons don’t possess people or make them do any of the things listed below from your link. Any such experiences are normally from other entities that would come through the board, not demons.

It also mentions the devil being the father of the lie, this is a very biblical connotation. Loki is often listed as a devil, as is the witchfather in traditional witchcraft. Neither of them are evil. Those that work with the real Satan as a deity, say he is kind and loving to work with. @Devenne would know more about the real Satan. Amongst demonolatry Satan is viewed as the fifth element, as in spirit and not a physical entity at all.

Demons are divine intelligence the gods of old, angels (so say fallen or otherwise).
Sorry I couldn’t find more, maybe @starborn can shed some light. But rest assured, real demons are not evil. :green_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you @tracyS and I always love how you talk about Loki :grin:

8 Likes

Zozo is often summoned on ghost shows on TV. I’ve heard zozo is not something you want to mess with. Personally I don’t know. I also think that some of this evil beings can be created in the minds of people. Like an egregore. However you spell it

Some pretty evil stuff can be made in the mind and become real. So maybe this is what that may be.and I say maybe. I don’t really know for sure. But I’ve heard of a lot of people who are plagued by zozo. The demons we work with are nothing like zozo in my opinion. Satan who is said to be the devil has been the most peaceful energy I’ve ever encountered. I would not trade my demons for the world. :earth_americas:. I’ve heard someone even say Jesus could be an egregore.

8 Likes

They even used zozo in my video game final fantasy I think he’s like the Charlie Charlie challenge demon

7 Likes

In New Mexico, we have Zozobra. He is the personification of negativity and frustration which we make a towering wooden effigy of each fall, fill with notes of things we want to be rid of in the coming months, and burn as a social event in some of the larger cities. Santa Fe has the biggest festival. Albuquerque burns a smaller one, but I don’t usually hear about it until it’s over.

Here is Santa Fe’s

7 Likes

That’s a pretty cool concept

7 Likes

Wow I love that

7 Likes

@Devenne it seems like egregores cover a broad spectrum of entities. Our minds can create some mysterious things and a collective group can be powerful. Interesting topic. I hope what I’m saying makes some sense. Just kinda rephrasing how I understand what you said. If I’m wrong lmk. It’s not like I’m saying something profound lol.

@georgia that’s pretty cool to do a releasing ritual like that on a grand scale!

7 Likes

Correct miss lovely :rose:

6 Likes