Today’s Waxing Gibbous Moon and next Sunday’s Full Moon are both great opportunities to make Moon Water.
It is a very simple ritual for beginners and something every Witch can do. Let’s see some of the best uses of Moon Water.
What is Moon Water?
A popular way to consecrate water for its use during a ceremony or spell, Moon water is simply water that has been charged with the energies of the moon. You can use regular drinking water to prepare magic potions with it or use it in any ritual where water is needed.
How to Use Moon Water
1. Apply Moon Water to your third eye Chakra for enhanced psychic awareness
The first step towards strengthening your intuition is to recognize its existence. Being aware of the existence of your powers is key in realizing full potential.
- Light a blue or purple candle on your altar.
- Apply a drop of Moon Water to your Third Eye chakra (between the eyebrows) to open yourself to divine wisdom and revelation.
- Follow a guided meditation or simply go within to awaken your inner knowledge and listen to your intuition.
- Find a place of peace within you, allowing the visions to come to you with ease.
Don’t be disappointed if you don’t have any visions at first, practice makes perfect. Keep a bottle or jar of Moon Water near your altar to keep working on your abilities.
2. Add Moon Water to your bath for relaxation and clarity
Fill your bathtub as you normally do, and pour some Moon water that you’ve previously prepared. Get in the tub and pour the rest of the water on yourself.
Follow a Spiritual Bath Recipe for more ideas. If you need to cleanse any specific part of your body, focus on that area. Visualize everything that no longer serves you being released from your body and aura.
If you’ve charged your Moon Water with a specific intention, focus on absorbing the light of that intent, while promoting intense peace and relaxation. Wash your hair with Moon water to encourage growth with a divine glow.
3. Anoint your money with Moon Water to invite wealth
To make your money flow easily, Water is the perfect Element. Have confidence that nothing can stop the flow of money in your life.
- Bless your money by sprinkling just a few drops of Moon Water on your purse or wallet.
- Visualize the possibilities and the outcome you expect.
- On the Full Moon, you can cast this Silver Moon Spell for Money manifestations.
Great opportunities await as you prepare to receive the abundance of the Universe. But remember that money spells require action, so open your eyes and be ready to take the opportunities when they appear.
4. Bless, purify and cleanse your home with Moon Water
Cleansing your sacred space is very important. No spiritual work can be done in an environment full of stagnant energy.
- Make sure to clean your house physically with a mop/sponge as you normally would and add some Moon Water to your bucket.
- You can also just sprinkle the water with your fingers or a spray bottle wherever you want to clean and bless the space.
Optionally, combine this water with herbs or essential oils to spread more positive energies. Learn more about Herbal Witchcraft here.
5. Consecrate your crystals with Moon Water to increase their powers
Gemstones and crystals are powerful tools that we use to store, absorb, or amplify energy. Charging your crystals implies establishing your intention and purpose.
When you charge them under the moon, they are infused with the deep symbolism of Lunar Magic (intuition, protection, mystery).
- Place your stones outside to bathe under the Moon
- Put a bowl with water next to them.
- Make sure it’s safe to wash your stones with water, and phisically clean them with Moon Water.
6. Water your plants with Moon Water
Consecration passes an intention or specific energy from your spirit onto the plant. There are many ways to bless a plant: This is a simple method which can be adapted to any practice.
- During the day, take the plant with both hands. If the plant is on the ground, place your palms near it.
- Visualize and feel a Magical energy flowing around the plant, fueled by your own heat and energy.
- Say the following spell:
"Sacred Nature, bless my plant.
Moonlight gives you a healthy life.
*My Magic is your power, *
To grow and protect me.
So mote it be!"
- Water your plant with Moon Water, or spray its leaves with it.
7. Charge your water with the energies of the zodiac transit
Each day, the Moon is passing through a zodiac sign. Do this if you want to invoke a specific trait of a zodiac sign, for example, during a future ritual or spell.
- Place a bowl of water by the window where the moonlight will touch it. You can also do this outside.
- Visit Today’s Lunar spell and follow the guided meditation for the current zodiac sign.
- Once you’re done, store the Moon water in a bottle or jar.
- Use the water in your ritual by simply placing a bowl of Moon Water on your altar as you call upon the Element Water, or sprinkle some water on your tools.