A Christian Attempts to Evangelize Me

Hello, fellow Electic Wiccans, witches, Pagans and practitioners of sorcery,Without any intention to disrespect any beliefs of other fellow humans I’ll be blunt to not waste any of your time, I do have a question. How do you tell a Christian that’s evangelizing you out of Paganism and Wicca that you’ve left Christianity for the sake of one’s own peace of mind and safety from having one’s own Book of Shadows not to be burnt by the other followers of Christ?

This is something occurring to me in the present time. I have already explained the misinformation about Wicca to the monotheist believer but the follower of Christianity insists that my belief in Wicca and Paganism is mistaken and worships Satan/Lucifer, I do still live in a country that’s predominantly Christian and I do have reason to fear the followers from confiscating my Book of Shadows to burn it in the name of the deity they believe in

Blessed Be
-Martinez, Margaret

10 Likes

You simply say, I’m not interested. If they keep harassing you, tell them you already have faith in God, especially if they’re persistent and insistent that you follow the Christian God. They don’t need to know which God you’re talking about.

12 Likes

Okay, thank you @MeganB I will keep your advice in mind, hopefully it works for both my sake and the others who could also be secretly of a different belief than the rest of the population in this country I’m from

5 Likes

I agree with Megan. Unfortunately, western forms of Christianity, that have made their way back east, are predominately focused on the afterlife. This form of Christianity is one of the few belief systems that care more about what happens after we die than before it. Coming from that kind of system myself, I totally understand your fear of them and what they may do. Sending you love, light, and protection during this time. Be as vague as possible when confronted by people that won’t let it go. If you need more advice, I am always around and all of us are here to support you.

9 Likes

Thank you @praecog29 , I still do have that fear instilled in me, it’s been there even back when I was of the same beliefs as the Christians in the past, though that mostly had to do with abuse not the belief they have, Philippines was once a country with priestess not a Christian one, it already had it’s own system of beliefs and values which most likely did not sit well with the Christians of ancient times so they had it all written texts of it burnt away, I hope Archaeology will one day be able to show the current modern population that the beliefs this country had has dignity, honor, respect for lives of living beings and also honors the wills and spirits of the deceased that have passed on and the deities of this country

Blessed Be,
-Martinez, Margaret

7 Likes

It’s the Christian indoctrination, once it’s ingrained it is hard to leave.
I just smile, tell them I’m Pagan and shut the door.
In your case, my little troubled Anne, Pray for endurance.
Tell your friends that your will agree to disagree but thank them for their concern. If they persist, walk away. Avoid conflict if possible. You believe what you believe.
I read your intro—you are never JUST anything. What you are is kind and giving. We are your family through belief. Blessed be.

8 Likes

A guy once came to work and asked me if I went to church and then bluntly asked me if I’d like to go with him on Sunday.
I told him that it’s a personal policy of mine to not to discuss religion or politics with customers. He kept being persistent though, so I told him that I go to a temple (the sacred space around my altar or any scared space I’ve created) a few times a month and that my religious community is very supportive of me and of all of its members.
Thankfully, we were busy that day and I had to end the conversation.
But anyway, I agree with what everyone else here is saying. Be as vague as possible. When some of my Facebook friends, for example, ask for prayers, I just write that I’ll keep them in my thoughts and prayers (and let them assume I’m praying to the Christian God).

8 Likes

God is God child, you don’t have put a name to him.

7 Likes

I agree, i do the same. This is my first Easter that i didn’t practice as a Christian. I had my Ostara already. However, when someone wished me a happy Easter, i simply said thank you, same to you. They don’t need to know my religious beliefs. And it avoids conflict as well.

Blessed be

7 Likes

Hello, @Garnet ,
Both sides between the other believer and me managed to have a civil conversation for the past 2 days after I had reminded that the ancient beliefs of the Filipinos were different before the invaders came to preach out their belief and just how countless amounts of blood was shed by different revolutionists of the country for the liberation of those living in this land. Since then I haven’t really heard any form of preaching for the mean time. Maybe I was too ruthless in wording that part of history to the one of another faith but it did have to be heard or the cycle will keep repeating itself.

I did give out questions of philosophy and morality to this person about the actions of their side and its different consequences, it’s worked so now there’s this air of reluctant respect for the meantime partly because the monotheist is also a player of board games like me. Hopefully, this air of respect for different beliefs and life lasts for a long time
Blessed Be,
-Martinez, Margaret

4 Likes

I definitely agree with this, only now as an adult I seem to kinda realise it. Dont really see the need why some gives names.

5 Likes

Hmmm… well I don’t endure or tolerate or turn the other check. Those are christian concepts. I’m not a martyr and suffer fools either.

I simply do not tolerate people who are like this they have no place in my life. Nor do I need their respect.

Usually they get a two word response and the initials are f.u.

Surround yourself with like people not negative dislike people.

Because all you will ever get is conflict from them. No win situation

4 Likes

That’s also a normal response @ruthann , one of the main reasons why I am somehow having a civil conversation with the Christian through topics outside of religion half the time is because I have an ambition to also show them that those of other faith contrasting theirs are also humans. I don’t ask that others follow the same path as me, it can be a double edged sword. If it works however, I do hope the cycle will somehow decrease then end bit by bit

Blessed Be,
-Martinez, Margaret

P.S. My spirit animal is a fox, so it can be tricky but this one works specially for someone like me who had it rough for a long time

4 Likes

I’ve created some resources that may help you, @anne2. Something everyone needs to remember, though, is the country you makes it harder to just ignore western Christianity.

Persecution against people of other faiths is a real threat. :worried: Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe every major belief system is guilty of persecuting non-believers. :frowning: (The sad reality is those guilty of persecution may not realize they are evening doing harm.) Being gracious and full of peace in spite of our tormentors is the only real tool we have to disarm them.

It sounds like you’ve been handling this beautifully. Please keep us up to date on the situation. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you @praecog29, that’s true I’ve had to deal with Christians of different branches somehow just because I’m part of a minor faith in the country for the present time. Somehow I do end up in their crossfire, I’d rather let them argue all they want which teaching of their church is correct, Just have the decency to leave those that want nothing to do with their debates or words of salvation alone. and don’t endanger others especially the children, they’re innocent from all the religious dogma. I do not want anyone to die just like how my ex fiance got killed off, a fire accident but he was caged off with his dad in a room that day, died out of suffocation with his parent, I would rather not let anyone else end up like that again for any side but it’s alarming that an unnamed Christian had burned off another practitioner’s items in the practitioner’s house, what if the practitioner was there in the house that time? He/she could have died from suffocation or might have an Asthma attack

I do want to bring it back the history of the country where forms of divination in the Eastern side are accepted, some of it can even be found as Palm reading to light magic used to heal the sick or wounded or Tranceship where the deities watching over mortals communicate through a priestess or head priestess, the show Amaya from GMA 7 shows the history of before Philippines became a colony. There it is actions that define who you are and what you’d become, the place for the dead there though is called Sulad and those who were truly horrible to others are swallowed by a sea monster (makes one wonder, if all humans are just distantly related to one another due to similarities of age old beliefs with different races and nationalities).

Although, Amaya there is different for being a princess because she has a twin snake which is foretold in the epics she will be the best female warrior and a healer of her time which is why her father that’s a kind yet firm chieftain would teach her how to wield and use a sword aside from the other literary arts and mathematics princesses like her are taught of, because whether she accepts it or not, she’s also born from a slave, the Rajah who was warned he’d die because of a woman with a twin snake would come after him, So he intends to kill her regardless of whether she only wants peace or not with his side. She ends up forced into slavery after the Rajah kills her father in the battlefield but becomes an apprentice priestess due to extraordinary events of fate such as surviving the bite of a snake and makes it her mission to avenge her father’s death, Most of what I know is based from there and from the oral history that was left behind, thank the deities it manage to survive due to it being told to countless generations in the past.

Sadly it’ll likely take time for them to accept that even those of minor faiths are capable of living with ethics and aren’t inhumane as they believe them to be. True, the Catholics and Christians were oppressed at Japan in past times due to the country being a closed off nation and likely thought that the belief was only a cover up to introduce Western Imperialism in their country (if anyone knows what was the actual reason why the Japanese did it, tell me so I could correct that information I got from watching their history drama shows), At Mindanao island in the Philippines, Islam is the dominant religion than those of Christianity partly due to LapuLapu’s influence and fight when the invaders came, that island fought and largely succeeded in cutting their island off from the invaders.

Point is most of the major beliefs in this world are at odds against each other and some Pagans or Wicca believers end up in their line of fire simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, In a way those of minor faiths are like Amaya, whether we want to live in peace or not there will always be those who’d come after us. It’s very wrong indeed to persecute or oppress those of another faith, if only those of another faith would attempt to see their actions in the perspective of the non believers with an open mind, away from religious dogma then maybe they’d see beyond what was brainwashed to them to believe in, that we’re all just humans. What’s the point of killing or tormenting one another? It only causes the vicious cycle to continue in generations and someday somebody like Adolf Hitler might just show up again in the next era if this sort of cycle doesn’t end in the current era and generation

Blessed Be,
-Martinez, Margaret

P.S. " I’m about to check the notes you left, thank you again for it

4 Likes

Hello @praecog29 , Would it be alright with you if I were to copy and paste this part of your post and send it to the Christian that I still have contact to in my Facebook messenger? It would be nice if from there this person will ponder about this part. Hopefully this one doesn’t end up using spells or prayers that may be sent either yours or my way with the intent to cleanse us of the Satan entity this misguided person thinks of, I won’t give out names, I never have and won’t ever do it to any of the Christians like that yet for the sake of privacy, safety and security reasons

Blessed Be,
-Martinez, Margaret

4 Likes

I know I’m supposed to be taking off during the week but I still have to drop in every day if I want that badge. :rofl:

Today I saw your request. It’s fine. :slight_smile: Anything I post on here can be shared with others. I’m not worried about prayers or spells or any of that because I trust in my deity’s ability to protect me as long as I’m not out there causing intentional harm.

If someone on here is struggling with their history with Christianity, or if they are struggling with interactions with conservative Christians, I’ve created these resources and been open about my journey to help. In the end, it’s not about me, it’s about the collective and it’s especially about this coven that I love so much. I love you guys.

8 Likes

That is so wonderful. Thank you @praecog29 for offering your words and personal journey so openly. You always provide useful insight and wisdom and I thank you for your devotion to this community. :pray: :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Thank you @praecog29 ,

For letting the others and myself share your posts which are largely helpful for everyone else

I’m about to take a week or two leave in this website due to MidTerms and the thesis paper I still do need to work on for college, before that though I am only waiting for the go signal from the professor there which among the 3 topics I gave him to pick from and I may end up posting a Google survey form in this website about it sometime in the next few to several days

Blessed Be,

• Martinez, Margaret
6 Likes

the way I explain it to people is that we believe in the same thing we just call it different. just like all the other branch Christianity. Are believes just happen to be the old ways and unless you practices the dark arts (and each to their own) we do not even Believe in Satan/ lucifer. that is there way. as for fear that they might do something I would not call your book of shadow so just say its a journal of thoughts a book like any other. Or your thoughts on what the good book says. (hehehe)
Remember that we are all one and come from one weather that be their God our our Creator (Mother Nature/ Goddess)
and if that dose not work hit them with this if your a true Christian you would not judge me for it it not your place to throw the first stone it is Gods.
hope that helps

5 Likes