A chuckle for my fellow insomniacs

I saw this on Facebook and it made me chuckle.

We don’t have power here due to an ice storm and internet is hard to get on during the day as more people are pinging off the tower- yes tower internet- a draw back of the country. At least when I wake up in the middle of the night there aren’t many others using the tower so I can actually open a webpage!

14 Likes

That is so me right now. Its 11am and i am, as we say in Scotland “walking around like a half shut knife” because I was wide awake reading at 3am due to being unable to get to sleep. Normally I drink my “moon milk” and fall right asleep but i had ran out of milk last night :rofl:

10 Likes

That saying is too funny!!!

I am trying to do meditations when I wake up in the middle of the night, or muscle relaxation to see if that helps. It does sometimes. But sometimes i like having the time to do readings I don’t have time for during the day. Which really is encouraging the waking up at 3 am so I really should stop that. Lol.

Random question- my grandmother was from Scotland and if I asked her the time she would say “it’s a quarter past… some Gaelic word”-is there a common phrase that is said? I would love to know what she was saying - it always made her chuckle.

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose Quarter past a freckle?

We say that sometimes in humour at the fact that someone has asked the time but is not wearing a watch.

9 Likes

She must have used the Gaelic word for freckle. That would make sense. Thanks! She has passed so I couldn’t ask her.

7 Likes

Gaelic for freckle is breacan

8 Likes

Um… yes… I have frequently found myself in this exact situation :100:

7 Likes

This is starting to feel familiar- I may have asked this question before :joy:.
Thank you!

7 Likes

Okay, this is so me. Right now I’m waking up before two am and getting sleeping around nine in the morning when I have to be awake. So weird.

7 Likes

I saw this and screenshot it :laughing: :rofl: lately, sleep is non existent. I get naps 3 a day/night no longer than 1 hour and 27 mins. Its been so hard but I do have a reason for this. And its being evicted on the 14th!

8 Likes

Omg! Yeah i can totally relate. Lifelong struggle that one​:joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Describes me perfectly! :face_with_spiral_eyes: :rofl:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.