A Condensed Story of Praise to the Goddess

I worship the Triple Goddess. :full_moon: She makes the most sense to me since I come from a Christian faith dominated by the belief in a Trinitarian God. To me, she is my Goddess, or the Goddess.

Although I know she isn’t the moon, I look to the moon when I worship :pray: at night. Since I was a teenager, whenever I was in great pain, I would look up and find peace in her gentle light. I started dabbling in the craft at 15 but the power I found there scared me. I thought for sure it must be “demons” due to my upbringing and I tried to suppress what was building in me over the last 25 years.

To make this condensed, I am skipping a lot of the flowing imagery and most of the details. Suffice to say, I have seen, heard, experienced things to wonderful for most to even imagine.

And this is why it’s been so hard for me to write anything about my journey. Most will never believe it. But the journey has been amazing. You would not recognize the old me vs the new me that is on this site. While I want to get into that story in some depth, it’s not time for that yet.

This post isn’t about me. I am just a guy living in the midwest in America. I don’t have a degree or a fancy job. I don’t have money or prestige. I have three kids and a failed open marriage. :sweat_smile: I was suicidal last year and had to be rescued by a friend with the nickname Moon. (There is no such thing as a coincidence.)

So why do I post any of this?

1. I want to share the few lessons I have found most important.
  2. I want to share praise for my Goddess because none of the wonders I have experienced have been my doing. They have all been hers.

Things I have learned:

• Trust the magic. Don’t try to control it. Don’t try to explain it. Let it flow through you naturally. Whatever methods you use from the craft, remember they are tools or rituals but the the real power is in you and all around you.
  • Embrace mystery. We can learn a great deal from each other on here and I love and value this site. At the end of the day, though, remember a little mystery goes a long way. We don’t need to know or understand everything. Doing so can steal from the “magic” of each experience.
  • Know yourself and then love yourself. It is impossible to truly love others if you can’t love your true self. Take the time you need to work on you and allow the universe to handle the rest.

Praise for my Goddess:
This year I have been healed of a peanut :peanuts: allergy. I have seen friends’ careers be blessed after our candle magic. Another friend’s pneumonia disappeared after candle magic. :candle: Clouds have physically split in the sky so we could see the moon. I have heard the adult voice of a 6 month old child more than once. :open_mouth: A friend has heard my songs about a walk I was taking in her own dream and she told me about it after waking up. I have heard her singing from her kitchen, even though I was in my car.

I don’t know what is going on but I know it can’t be explained and instance after instance has pointed me to one inescapable conclusion. There are many deities out there, but the Goddess has been the one speaking to me and reaching out to me for 25 years. This year she finally captured my heart and soul and I am excited to follow the path she has laid out for me. There is power in the universe and she is the one lighting the way for me so I can see it and marvel at it.

14 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your story, @praecog29! :heart: It sounds like your journey has been long and often difficult for you, but I am glad that the ‘clouds have parted’ so to speak, and that the moonlight of the Triple Goddess is shining her gentle light on you now! :full_moon:

Very wise words and a vital life lesson! Especially for those of us who are empaths- self care is essential and should be considered an important part of our lives and practices :adhesive_bandage: :two_hearts:

I also must say that you have quite a talent for writing! This was a pleasure to read- you have a way with both words and magick! :sparkles::writing_hand:

4 Likes

That’s awesome @praecog29!! I am sure that after this post you’ll get more and more signs of the Goddess working in your life.

Two days ago I shared on a topic here how I was eager to work with Venus and the next day (yesterday) I received signs again. There were 3 separate instances of either randomly seeing the word Venus or a thought related to her, I almost didn’t connect the dots but I could feel a very powerful energy.

Sending you all the best in your path :pray:

4 Likes

I am so happy that you shared this part of your journey. Everyone’s is different and I feel the same way, that there are no coincidences. I hope you find everything you need here with the amazing people that make up this coven. I relate to the Goddess on more than one level also and find comfort in her light.

Have a great day and I look forward to learning with you.

4 Likes

@praecog29, your experiences of the Goddess reaching out to you overlap quite a lot with mine… she has many faces and names to me… the Triple Goddess, Selene, Luna, Diana, to name a few :white_heart: There is a gentle, loving feeling when thinking about her, or looking up to the moon, and I know that I can place my body and soul safely in her hands :relieved::white_circle:

She has shown herself to me through so many “coincidences”, including partners sharing her name… items I’ve held on to, fascination with dreams, even aesthetic preferences… eventually I couldn’t ignore the signs any longer and it wasn’t long after I discovered my magical talent! :sparkles:

Wishing the best for you, and for the Goddess to keep shining her gentle light on you and the path ahead :pray:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I like your statement " We don’t need to know or understand everything. Doing so can steal from the magic of each experience’, and I am finding this true in my own path.
Im just beginning my journey into the God/ Goddess realm and today I have been focusing on Hekate.
Blessed Be

4 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful words of encouragement. I love hearing about your journeys, as well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Last night I teared up for the first time while doing spell work and praying to my Goddess. That has never happened to me with Wicca. Since embracing Wicca, I have kept my beliefs more down to earth. My move from conservative Christianity, with all of it’s idiosyncrasies, to liberal Christianity, that denies a lot of the spiritual and the miracles, led me to a more grounded faith. It was easy to finally embrace Wicca after 25 years of playing at the edges.

:waxing_crescent_moon: :full_moon: :waning_crescent_moon:

I didn’t originally worship The Lord or The Lady. I saw them as representatives of The Divine. As I have grown over the last six months, I have totally dropped The Lord from my practice and I actually worship The Lady. I still see her as a representative of an indescribable Divine Being, but she is my deity that I work with and she’s as every bit real to me as a triune God was to me as a conservative Christian. How did I get here? I don’t know, but I don’t believe this is a bad thing.

:blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

I mentioned the failed open marriage in the original post but it’s no longer failed. I mentioned how Moon, my friend, had to save me a year ago. Little did I know I would need saved again. This time for real because we found the underlying causes being triggered by outward pressures. This has led to a renewal of life that I never knew I needed.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

There have been “miracles” this year that I cannot explain. I mentioned that above, but more happened since I started this thread. I need to share those someday either on here or in a video or somewhere. The cliff notes version of course.

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

This year has been mostly positive for me. Not everyone can say the same thing. I feel blessed and I only want to share the blessing with others with this new life I have been given. The reason for this update is, while I lived my life this year and survived and overcame personal demons, I also explored Wicca in new ways and embraced a deity to the point that I am praying to her, honoring her on the altar, and thanking her for the year. (All of this happened during the the season traditionally given to her - Summer Solstice to Winter Solstice.) This truly is a condensed story of praise to my Goddess.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story, your uplifting words, and your warm light @praecog29! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is so inspiring to see you grow and spread your wings, becoming more comfortable in your practice. It has been a hard year, so it takes great strength to focus on the positives and see the good that happened despite other events this year. You make me also want to look on the bright side- I think I will take some time tonight and do a gratitude ritual for the highlights of the past year :sun_with_face:

Looking forward to hearing and cheering for you as you continue on your exciting journey! Love and light to you :heart::candle:

3 Likes

I’m so happy that you made it through so many things to be here with us. I recognize the Lord & Lady as Divine and overseers, but I work with Brigid as my deity. I have her in my room, I pray to her, and call to her when I am doing my spells and rituals. I feel closer to her. I do talk to the Lord and Lady when I am outside enjoying their light. Today the Lord has blessed us with ample sunshine and I am feeling so much better than I have in a few weeks.

I wouldn’t say that I have had a bad year, it has had it’s up and downs. With downs going pretty low, but I have embraced the ups each day and the love I have for my children to get through each day.

3 Likes

Thank you, @BryWisteria and @Susurrus. Your kind words mean a lot. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This whole coven has been incredibly helpful in the evolution of my practices.

4 Likes

You are very welcome @praecog29. You have been very helpful also!

4 Likes

It’s amazing to read about your process @praecog29. You have a very strong connection to the Goddess and it seems that you are very open to what she wants you to learn.

We’re always eager to listen! Please share anything that you feel like sharing.

I’m glad that you had a positive year! Thanks for keeping us posted! :pray:

3 Likes

Praecog29,
There is magic all around us and we dont have to try to understand everything neither. However you have touched my life!
I am so glad to hear that you were healed praecog29 from the peanuts!!!
Alls I have to say is that you helped me try to go to the Goddess before and I am especially happy that you pointed me in the right direction. You have a way with words and your post almost made me tear up! Anyway I felt moved by your story and thanks for being a friend!! I want to say that you have so much courage and power in your writing. You give me the desire to be closer to the Goddess too! I am going to take action and do more prayer and I will prayer up for you too!
Love and Magic!!
Lord & Lady :candle: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Jeannie
:first_quarter_moon: moon today!

5 Likes