A little bit about Sunshine1980

Hello, my name is Sunshine1980. I’m from California. I am a 42 year old Aries. most of my life from 16-40 years old I spent it taking care of my 5 children and their father, who turned out to be a controlling, physical and verbally abusive narcissist. So you can say those years really took a toll on what should have been my years for personal growth. So yes, I have issues with trust as well as with my inner self. PTSD has gotten the best of me since then. I was brought up in the Catholic church and attended regularly until my father passed when I was 13. He was my best friend. I guess you can say I lost faith. Since then I would attend church for family functions only. during those functions I found that even though my body was physically present, my mind was always someplace else. I’ve always had a great curiosity and respect for the world of spirituality and have always felt a calling especially after the passing of my best friend and brother in 2022. They both passed away in my house so a lot has happened since then and I still feel their presence around me. I’ve been on an emotional rollercoaster ride hoping to find some answers and closure but I’m pretty lowkey and keep my personal feelings locked up inside. that is until now, for some reason I feel a great sense of calmness and stillness as I am typing this introduction. It’s like I can release my inner darkest and deepest thoughts and emotions and find inner peace as I do. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to become a part of your strong bonded community. Best of luck to all the members of this community. Stay safe and healthy.

23 Likes

Hi @SUNSHINE1980 welcome to the family!

I’m Nixi a fun crazy eclectic from Connecticut with memory issues. I’ve been back for about a year and a half after an unknown time away.

I was always different but when I found Wicca I knew I felt like I found the rest of me. My practice has broadened since then but the feeling is still the same.

identify with so much of what you said. I lost faith in everything when my Dad passed, not bio but my world fell apart. I have similar PTSD, hence the memory issues.

I too felt an instant sense of calm and trust as soon as I got here. This is the the most supportive group of wonderful people who truly care about each other. Everyone here knows pretty much everything about me and it strangely feels okay. One of the best parts is I tend to have memory flashes when I’m here. This is truly a magical place to call home.

Settle in, poke around and don’t be afraid to ask about anything you’re wondering or struggling with. If nobody knows the answer, somebody will find it

Welcome home, we’re so glad you found us :aquarius: :black_cat:

14 Likes

Hello and welcome. I’m Tracy. This is a beautiful coven. Make yourself at home Lovely :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

welcome to the family of witches! in a company the problems become less difficult! My name is Airram and I am from Greece. I love magic, it has become my life! all the problems find a solution! I am glad that you are with us @SUNSHINE1980 !

13 Likes

@SUNSHINE1980 Welcome :hugs: I’m so sorry you’ve endured all that! I love it here. It’s my safe place and my home. We are here to support you with whatever you’re needs are :blush::heart::people_hugging::purple_heart: :infinite_roots:

13 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. I hope you find some peace and answers here.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

13 Likes

Hi, @SUNSHINE1980! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m sorry you’ve been through so much. Know that you now have a community that has your back and will let you grow. If you have any questions about the forum or lessons, just holler and someone will pop up to help you out. I’m glad you’re here!

12 Likes

Welcome, @SUNSHINE1980! I’m Katerina, from Australia. :black_heart: It’s lovely to meet you here.

10 Likes

Thank you. I am really excited about this new journey and eager to make some new friends/family.

10 Likes

Thank you so much.

12 Likes

I appreciate your kindness. Thank you

12 Likes

thank you. Im happy to become part of this bond. I’m excited for what’s next!

12 Likes

Wow! I love it. Everyone so far is so welcoming and the goosebumps I feel are unexplainable. It just really feels so right!

12 Likes

Thank you!

12 Likes

Hello :hugs: and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @SUNSHINE1980

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Our stories are similar :open_mouth: I have 4 children, and their father was “a controlling, physical and verbally abusive narcissist” alcoholic! I lost faith in my church when I was young as well. I’m so glad you have joined us, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. We are here for you, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

13 Likes

Hello @SUNSHINE1980 ! I’m Faeone and welcome to the coven, so happy you found us! I have a long past abusive relationship similar to yours, aftermath is PTSD and still receive EMDR for it. You will get through it you have a new family who is here and eager to get to know you! The entire site and coven is wonderful!

Look forward to getting to know you! :blush:

13 Likes

Hi :wave: @SUNSHINE1980, I’m Susurrus, 1 of the moderators here at Spells8. I’m happy you have made it here, I’m very sorry for your losses recently :people_hugging:

Everyone here is very supportive :two_hearts: If you have any questions please feel free to ask & someone will be with you as soon as they are able.

I have been actively practicing since 2020 & shortly after found my way here that July. I have also had several losses starting in 2021 as well as major life happenings resulting in emotional rollercoasters :roller_coaster: I have found many different things to help me through & that are parts of my practice. Including some close friends :hugs:

I look forward to talking with you more throughout the coven :infinite_roots:

12 Likes

Welcome to the coven I think we will get along great!
I use to go to church myself. And felt I was lied to for so long! I felt angry that I didn’t know paganism before hand. But know I’m just intertwining everything together!
Jeannie

13 Likes

@SUNSHINE1980 Welcome to the family. You feel welcome to open up and share for good reason. The love of this coven and the love we share for another is strong and unmistakable. We are here for you. My name is Devenne and I’m an eclectic witch from Indiana. I follow a pretty open path. Feel free to be yourself and explore.

Blessed be lovely :rose:

12 Likes

Hello @SUNSHINE1980,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another one of the moderators here in the Coven and an Eclectic Witch. It’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

I’m so sorry for your losses- it sounds like you have faced many challenges and hardships on your path. Please know that you are among friends here, the Coven is a very supportive one! Make yourself at home and feel free to pursue your magickal studies at ease! :heart:

Blessed be :sparkles:

11 Likes