A Little Knotty Magick šŸ§µ

Thatā€™s amazing! Youā€™re so talented!

5 Likes

I have no twine, I am twineless. So Iā€™d have to buy twine and the book. I might do so in January. I already know what books Iā€™d like to buy next month.

5 Likes

OMG! @berta! Thatā€™s wonderful! Youā€™re so talented. Iā€™d tie myself into knots trying to do that. And it was late when you did it too! Or early. Great job!

5 Likes

OMG thatā€™s amazing!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@Limeberry @christina4 @Amethyst You are all so sweetā€¦ Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have to explain that I am not usually up at that hour of the morning, but I went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me my flu shotā€¦ despite the fact that I racked my leaves and cleaned up the yard last night from the wind we had, my shoulder still felt like I had just had the old tetanus shot. OUCH! I didnā€™t even feel the shot but I donā€™t doubt that he got the medicine in me. ā€¦ THIS TOO WILL PASS. Stay well everyone. :heartbeat: :two_hearts: :heartbeat:

6 Likes

Ooh ouchyouchouch! I hate jabs! I strongly recommend The Worldā€™s Most Soothing Bath :bathtub: for this :joy: I went through a guinea-pig phase with my doctors a couple of years ago where they kept jabbing me with needles and now if they so much as mention an injection Iā€™m like NOPE SEE YA :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Limeberry LOVELYā€¦ I will have to try that bath!!! My comfort was stopping by my favorite carry out and picking up Italian Wedding Soup and Carrot Cake. Iā€™m sure your solution is much less fattening. :stuck_out_tongue:
They kept asking me if I WANTED my flu shotā€¦and I kept telling them ā€˜wrong questionā€™ ā€¦ ā€™ NO I donā€™t WANT my flu shot but I will get my flu shot."

5 Likes

That looks amazing Berta! I love how you made it into a star while still keeping the Celtic Heart knots :heart:

4 Likes

Ooh, this looks interesting, Iā€™ll have to give it a try! I already have some beautiful 15" and 30" red and purple cotton ropes I got for another purpose (cough :sweat_smile:) that would be perfect for this! :smile_cat:

One tip for making knots Iā€™d like to share, if you also want to undo them itā€™ll be much easier if your rope is made of inelastic material like cotton or hemp! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hope your arm gets to feeling better @berta! And hey, less likely youā€™ll get the flu. Iā€™m allergic to flu shots so I sort of envy you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry @Amethyst. I should count my blessings. Those pre-shot questions are always kind of scary. This time there seemed to be more of them. Take care of you. Can you do zinc, Sambuca or echinacea? My yoga instructor had ā€œTHIEFā€ essential oil in her diffuser for class.

2 Likes

I take zinc already. The others not so sure, Iā€™m afraid theyā€™d mess with one of my meds. But I donā€™t do the zinc on the tongue stuff. Iā€™d rather have the flu, those things taste awful!

2 Likes

LOL Yes they do and they found out that the zinc swabs that they used to have you put up your nose interferes with your ability to smell. Always something.

2 Likes

I had a cold the one and only time I tried them and promptly decided Iā€™d rather be ill and went to go brush my tongue with half a tube of toothpaste. LOL.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait Iā€™ve been so excited to make a knot and no one to share my interest before! This is going to be so :star_struck: fun!
I work a lot so sorry if I am late!! Better late than never! Itā€™s hard to get in everything!! I see Berta was up late working on her beautiful art/knots! I think Iā€™m going to be a good artist too one day just like you all! I still have my training weals on!! Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Hi Travel Witch how are you? Thanks for your good endeavors!! You guys are going to work me hard huh :thinking: :laughing: :blush:

5 Likes

I use knots in spell work sometimes. Itā€™s part of the affirmation process at the end. Cut a length of string the length of the tip of your elbow to the tip of your outstretched little finger.
After stating your intent and invocking the Lord, Lady, and Elements, finish with knot magick.
Tie a knot in the middle and say; by knot of one the Spellā€™s begun. Then tie a knot at the Left end and say; by knot of two the spell comes true. Then tie a knot at the far right and say; by knot of three it comes to be. Then tie a knot between the far left and middle and say; by knot of four power is stored. Then tie a knot between the far right and middle and say; by knot of five the spell is alive. Then tie a knot between the far left knot and left side midpoint and say; by knot of six the spell is fixed. Then tie a knot between the far end of the right side and midpoint of the right side and say; by knot of seven the spell has leavened. Then tie a knot between the center knot and the left side midpoint knot and say; by knot of eight it is my fate. Then tie a knot on the right side between the center knot and the midpoint knot and say; by knot of nine the thing is mine.
At this point if you want fast but not lasting results, burn the string and say ; with harm to none so mote it be.
If you want long lasting results just say; with harm to none so mote it be. Then bury the cord or keep it in your medicine or mojo bag.

6 Likes

A Celtic Heart Knot Star!!! :heart_eyes::star2: Ohhh youā€™ve outdone yourself @Berta- itā€™s gorgeous!

Hahaha yes- a knot magick book without twine to make the knots kind of defeats the purpose! :laughing: Fingers crossed you can find some nice string and enjoy some knot magic, @Amethyst :blush:

Thanks for the tip, @CelestiaMoon! :+1: I can absolutely agree having good string to work with is essential- the type you use can make knot-tying a fun experience or an absolute nightmare :joy:

You are already a wonderful artist, @Jeannie1! :grin: And yes- go for it, girl! I would love to see your knot magic come to life :raised_hands:

That is a gorgeous knot-tying ritual, @john4- thank you for sharing! :grinning:

6 Likes

I put some jute twine and the book on my wish list, since knot magic will probably show up in one of our challenges and I donā€™t want to be caught with my pants down, so to speak. Iā€™ll probably buy them at the beginning of the month.

Now Iā€™ve just got to learn the knots.

4 Likes

Ohhhhh I didnā€™t think of that! :eyes:

Hmmm knot magick challengeā€¦ Donā€™t mind me, just gonna add this onto the future challenge listā€¦ :rofl:

6 Likes

Was that a ā€œGrinchā€ like smirk? @TheTravelWitch
Donā€™t give her ideas @Amethyst LOL her wheels are always turning. :laughing:

6 Likes