A Parent’s Tarot Spread

Hello,

I was overthinking about being a mother to my boys yesterday (me, overthink! :exploding_head:No! :joy:. I so overthink-working on it) not good enough etc so I decided to create a spread. I created a complicated one but I was so tired by the time I pulled it I simplified it.

The reference by the Oracle decks are just the oracle decks I have and used for the spread. Just use what you have.

I was able to set down my fears and had a food idea of the path forward-something my instincts were telling me to do anyways.

I will need to drill down on how to help my boys so I can learn new skills to implement.

Edit: ohh I am going to add in how I can best co-parent with my husband and how I get in the way.

11 Likes

This is an interesting spread. :thinking: I’ve never thought about creating a spread to get insight into my parenting, but this is a good idea for when things are feeling rough or difficult! I love it :heart: I may add it to my own collection of spreads, if you don’t mind? I’ll have to adjust it a bit because I only have one child, but this could come in handy!

11 Likes

Thanks!! I don’t mind at all.

10 Likes

Oh, I love this idea! I think I may try it out this week. Thank you for sharing :heart:

9 Likes

I also had never thought about creating a spread about parenting. I like it! :+1: I may use this one :hugs: Great job! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

It sounds like a very helpful spread that gave you a gentle push in a positive direction! It’s a very well-thought-out design- I can tell you put a lot of care into deciding the card meanings and positions.

Thank you very much for sharing, @Phoenix_Rose! :pray: :heart:

Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks! I am so glad I made the spread.

It helps to know what I carry forward from the generational teaching (good and bad) and how I can support my boys in developing into who they are meant to be.

I am grateful for the tarot as it helps redirect and guide. Each child needs something different to thrive and one child isn’t like me so I don’t always understand him and the other is too like me so I may make the mistake of assuming I know what he needs. And I don’t know what I don’t know so the spread helps me see and learn.

Plus I was super happy the cards also told me everything is fine, the boys are fine. My husband and therapist tell me that too but I seem to believe the cards more :joy:

Funny-on Mother’s Day, I told my 15 year old I was proud of who he was becoming- that he is taking what we have taught him along with his life experience and developing into his own awesome person. I told him I was grateful he shares his thoughts and his take on things with us. He told me I was weird. :joy:

5 Likes

haha that sounds exactly like something a teenager would say :joy: I’m glad you got insight with the spread – even if it’s something you already heard from your husband and therapist lol sometimes, the information is more readily taken in when we think it’s our idea. I’m totally guilty of that, too :laughing:

4 Likes

My daughter will say things like this to me too :laughing: She’s like… um… okay… thank you… I’m not sure what to say to that… then proceeds to head to her bedroom :rofl:

4 Likes

@MeganB @Susurrus I am glad I am not in the ‘weird boat’ alone :grin:

4 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose what a lovely idea I am going to have to try this out as well. Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes