A Poem Titled as "Valor"

Hello and once again, welcome to all, this is the 5th poem I will release in this website it is called “Valor”, Once again, you’re all very welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Enjoy and Blessed Be,
Margaret

Valor
by Margaret

In millennial’s past
Depicted as virtuous acts
By soldiers and knights

For modern times
It is an act of valor
In a cruel world

See beyond thyself
May manifest itself
Closer than expected

A cause to fight for
A philosophy of life
Conquest for reason

A strength of mind
Through stories
Witnessed by all time

Accepts anxiety and fear
Yet fights its control
In search for liberation

It sparks a fire
For those involved
In every generation

Note: This poem I wrote took it inspiration from Dr. Jose Rizal, one of the national heroes of the Philippines, a legend and one of his quote from stating:
“I want to show to those who deprive people the right to love of country, that when we know how to sacrifice ourselves for our duties and convictions, death does not matter if one dies for those one loves—for his country and for others dear to him.”

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing another great poem!! :rose::rose:

6 Likes

I’m glad you also liked it along with everyone too @christina4

6 Likes

Great work! Thank you for sharing your writings with us!

4 Likes

You’re welcome @Susurrus

4 Likes

Wow. Awesome poem! Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Beautifully written once again, @Anne2! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing your inspiring poetry :scroll::sparkles:

3 Likes

You’re all welcome too @Amethyst and @BryWisteria ,

I was searching for inspiration while writing this one down and then ended up recalling the history of the Philippines out of nowhere, so it all came out after recalling the stories of past centuries, the national anthem of the Philippines is actually a declaration of a war song when one translates it to English against any oppressor to the country and its subjects and it’s honor and valor for us should the subjects of the Philippines ever be oppressed again by any invaders seeking to harm any Filipino in and out of the country borders

3 Likes