A thousand boy kisses

Hi all, so I know it is a little early, but I wanted to make something extra special from the heart this year for Valentine’s Day :heart: for my husband, and after reading a romance novel called A thousand Boy Kisses by Tilllie Cole, I had the idea to make my own Thousand boy kisses as a gift for my husband. :kiss:

So basically there are a thousand hearts in it in which each are blank so the person can write down their…. You guessed it, kiss from a boy the most memorable one. And don’t get me wrong it is not meant as a crazy adventure to go out and kiss a thousand boys :rofl: my god no (unless you want it to be that) :wink:, but with someone you love very deeply which is in a way a life long adventure and is meant to be filled out over a life time…

So I have changed this up and although yes there are some kisses to remember, sometimes moments can be just as important so u will be writing memories in it which are just as beautiful. I changed my jar with the hearts to be called a thousand Afghan boy kisses as obviously from the name my husband is Afghan…
It is taking a lot of time and just finished personally drawing and cutting all thousand hearts out with numbers on them, and just sorting them into hundreds in little pink mesh bags as it would be a nightmare to find the right number in the bunch when needed. I have also gone and lit a little pink candle on top which for some strange reason didn’t leave any wax residue behind it simply disappeared weird never happened before, and set all my intentions into it.
I guess the whole point of the jar is of something were to happen to me, my husband and kids would have this to remember me by and could see how much I loved my husband. It is not supposed to be sad, really it’s not, but more that it is inevitable and everyone will pass, so it is more acknowledging it and preparing so although I may go with my memories, they will still live on in a way.
I hope he will like it with the card I make which I am going to try very hard to translate and write down my message inside in my husband’s language which I do not know how to read or write…

On top I secretly brought a picnic basket, and since my husband is not the romantic type as he is not good with organising such things, I am going to bake some heart cookies and make a packed lunch and take him to the park where there is a lake and gift him these as well as a bouquet of roses. Thinking 14 as our 14th wedding anniversary is soon after Valentine’s Day…

So let me know what you think :blush::kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Ooohh gosh! This is such a perfect pink present!! :heartpulse: Woow @TheMuslimWitch! I loove your loove for your husband and these gifts are adooorable! I just know that more kisses are coming your way sweetheart!! :wink: :heart_eyes: Ohhh these lines do mean something I guess,

As far as I understand and feel…this just is the evidence you poured out all your love completely in setting your intentions while lighting the lil pink candle! And that’s why no residue was left…you made this happen! This also might mean that all your intentions are manifested! Blessed be always & Loove you! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Also happppiee 14th Marriage Anniversary to you in advance! What a lovely time as it’s soon after the valentine’s day!! Sweeet! :kissing_heart: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Wow what a beautiful gift!!! :heart:

8 Likes

I hadn’t heard of the Thousand Kisses before, but it kind of reminds of the Thousand Wish Cranes. I tried to make them once before but I only got to one hundred- it was a ton of work! :laughing:

This is a very heartfelt present in every sense of the word. Wishing you blessed crafting, @TheMuslimWitch- good luck and have fun with your very creative project! :heart::sparkles:

8 Likes

This is so sweet – such a good gift for a romantic partner! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope he loves it as much as you poured your heart and soul into it!

6 Likes

realizes Feb 14 is coming uh…crap, gotta up my game…

6 Likes

This is so sweet! I always feel presents from the heart are much better than gifts bought with money. I hope he loves it and you have a wonderful picnic!

@anon87969570 hahah, we don’t do V-Day. Our anniversary is in January so we skip it. Plus I’ve never been a fan of capitalist holidays (no offense to anyone who like V-Day).

5 Likes

@Amaris_Bane Yeah, well, it’s not like I ever got candy, flowers and balloons for Superbowl Sunday, so I agree with you about made up holidays. But if you’re in a school of fish you at least better learn to swim - it makes life easier to partially participate rather than have to explain why you aren’t. At the same time, I am happy for those who take pleasure in it and don’t mean to be a downer.

5 Likes

Aww!! I tried to get mine a bud light bouquet but they were out by the time I thought about it.

And I agree about being happy for those that enjoy the holiday. We just chose to change each other at other times. Easier to get dinner reservations. :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Thank you and I think you are right perhaps they will manifest :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed: can’t believe the time still flew this fast… still feel like that 18 year old bride even after this long… maybe because I still act it lol :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you hun :heart:

5 Likes

Wow never heard of the crane is that like those interlinked paper chains that hang on a wall? Well that sounds like a great craft too, and you are right it killed my back, and my fingers at just look at my pencil it had it too lol

5 Likes

Yes hope so too. Have already started gathering supplies and have brought a straw picnic basket and will make some heart butter cookies the night before too. Hope he enjoys the idea of sitting in a secluded area near a river since I know he doesn’t like busy places so should be a good idea :blush:

4 Likes

Hahaha u know what I just said reminds me of when us Muslims fast we all suddenly go into this mode just before hand and the rest of the year are like yer whatever then suddenly we aren’t all supper religious lol. Guess valentines is the same but honestly jokes aside, I am the loving type always offering hugs and kisses, flowers, etc… I said to my husband once “ I would have been a great husband to you if you were my wife” lol he just gave me a blank stare :joy:

5 Likes

Honesty I just want to extra attention in the hope my husband gives me something romantic since he isn’t that type and this is like a huge nudge lol

5 Likes

HAHA, mine isn’t either. But I don’t mind as he shows his love in other ways and I’m not really a romantic either. For example, he got up early to go get us breakfast tacos from our favorite food truck, which is roughly 20 minutes from the house.

I hope he gets the hint!

6 Likes

Yes, well i guess that’s true my husband does show how much he loves me i mean for example, he really isn’t all for my practice, however, he was searching for crystals and instead of buying me one he goes and buys me sets… Love can come in many forms that is why instead of doing just a kissing jar i decided to do memories as i have way more little moments which doesn’t involve kissing but are just as important :blush:

5 Likes

Yes, exactly! :grinning: They stack on top of each other and make a long chain. Sometimes people decorate the ends with things like tassels or beads :prayer_beads: Mine is long buried in storage somewhere, but let me see if I can find a picture from the web…

From Gate to Japan: One Thousand Origami Cranes

You can do some pretty creative things with them once they’re all made!

From Etsy: 1000 Origami Cranes

Your lovely kiss hearts reminded me of the cranes since both are crafted with so much emotion- each crane carries the person’s wish, and when all 1000 are made it is said that your wish will come true :star2::blush:

It’s a beautiful but very exhausting craft for sure! Please give your hard-working hands (and back!) a good rest, you’ve definitely earned it! :heart::blush:

5 Likes