Well, one of my packages finally arrived! I’ve been waiting on quite a few, but this one arrived Thursday and I held off until Sunday afternoon to open and set it all up.
​My wife this afternoon is out of town for work for the next four days, which makes it the perfect window to hit reset, cleanse the house, and take back my space. Between shifts at work, I’ll be home with the pups throwing myself fully into my photography portfolio—getting the site organized and finishing up the categories I started.
​I’m also finally going back through all my bookmarked Spells8 courses and spells that I’ve been reading through. Now that I actually have all the herbs, salts, and ingredients laid out, I can participate and put the lessons into practice instead of just reading along. I’ve been looking at complete sets and found this one at Curiosity Cabinet Apothecary online. Honestly, finding a full altar kit like this was the simplest way for me to begin.—especially since walking into local metaphysical shops and asking for specific items or pronunciations can be overwhelming. Knowing this was tucked away in the closet over the last three days waiting for the right moment felt like being a kid at Christmas.
​I’m laying it all out today to reset the energy and dive in. I’d love to hear your favorite ways to break in a new setup, or any suggestions you have as I get started.
You even have parchment paper (the spells8 printable pages look so good on parchment paper). The pendulum seems to be of black tourmaline maybe? Crystal pendulums want to be cleansed every so often because they tend to pick up energies.
Did you also get crystal chips? Those are useful for spellbags and poppet work.
The altar cloth is very pretty! I´m always putting my spellcandles on dishes to prevent wax drippings on my altar cloths…but it still happens.
I love the selection of herbs! Hyssop, rosemary and sage make a good combination for cleansing and protection spells. Peppermint is a lovely road opener and Mugwort is a perfect offering for Hecate.
I hope you´re having a lovely, inspiring time with your new goodies and setting up your altar.
The kit looks like it has a lot of great tools and ingredients. Congrats, @markzen304 - may it serve you well!
One popular rite to welcome in new magickal tools is to consecrate them. There are many different consecration rituals (and some folks design their own) - it’s basically just preparing a tool for magickal use. If you’re interested, here is one consecration ritual you might use or adapt :
What a wonderful way to start your altar set up! For mw, i ordered bit by bit online which was fun too but i had to keep adding additions to my set up. Now many years later (5 if i am not long, wow still a baby witch lol), I have a set i am really proud of, so you have done really well in this case and may it serve you well
Like always, Thank you so much for breaking down the uses for everything! You are truly my go-to for great information and advice around here.
Good eye on the parchment paper—those Spells8 printables really do look fantastic on it. I appreciate the heads-up about cleansing the pendulum, too; I’ll definitely stay on top of clearing its energy! And thank you for the tip on the crystal chips and herbs—knowing that combination of hyssop, rosemary, and sage is great for cleansing and protection gives me a clear direction to start with.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my statue arrives today, can’t wait to add it to the setup! Thanks again for always sharing your wisdom with me. Blessed Be!
If you wouldn’t mind sending the picture, I would love to see your setup. Alternatively, if you’ve already shared it on a different page, please let me know, and I will search for it. Thank you for your kind words; I hope you have a blessed day.
Sorry about the rabbit hay, did I mention my room is also a library with 543 books, 2 Netherland bunnies, my cat and 2 cockatiels too, so I had to move thing around but my altar and crystals are here to stay…
@TheMuslimWitch That is beyond impressive! Wow, that looks like an entire lifetime of collecting right there—it’s like having your own personal, full-blown workshop! I love everything about it. The energy feels so powerful, deeply magical, and absolutely stunning. What an incredible space!
This is a maximalist dream!! I love it!! It looks so cosy and has such a great vibe. I´m sure spending time at the altar is energizing and so uplifting.
Talk about abundance! I’m excited for you to have your collection of tools gathered. Over time, you’ll find which ones to keep and which to use for display or resale. I have bought so many things over the years that I thought were absolutely necessary, only to find that I used them once and left them unfriended on a shelf. But others have become long-time co-workers that I rely on and return to. Enjoy!
Your Altar Kit appears to be well balanced. There appears to be a guide that comes with it so I would start there as there might be something of interest to you.
With the Pendulum you have to first establish communication with it first before using. I attach a link. I have just found an interesting website.