Altars! Love to see yours!

I’ve finally got round to completing (for now) my first altar. Well actually I have two, my main altar in my living room/office area, and a smaller one in my bedroom.

As I don’t have a lot of spare room in my house, I opted for a wheeled trolley that fits under my desk for my main altar.

This will be where I conduct most of my rituals and casting so I wanted it to feel right and personal to me.

Handily the desk in my office under which I’ve placed the altar faces due North.

I’ve represented the elements with a stone and small branch for earth, a candle and incense burner for air, a candle for fire and a small shell and rainbow agate geode for water.

I had to source some things on Amazon but the majority are from small independent businesses on Etsy, including my cauldron and wicca starter kit and the God and Goddess statues.

Underneath I have my Book of Shadows, a rectangular box with the tarot cards I’ve owned for years, another wooden box which contains herbs, crystals, incense, pestle and mortar etc.

And finally the wand and athame were again purchased from Etsy, handmade from hazel by a woodturner.

My bedroom altar is still a work in progress. This one faces South so I’ve switched round the rotation of the altar points to match the orientation.

I’d bought a mango wood altar table which I was going to use for my main altar but it didn’t work in the space downstairs. The tea light candle holder represents fire, blue agate geode represents water, the small urn contains some of my late dog’s ashes representing earth and the crochet angel is decorated with some feathers naturally shed by my cockatiels and a pigeon feather picked up in my local woods presenting air.

Again the Goddess statue was going to be for my main altar but didn’t work in the space. The branch is a placeholder for a wooden God statue I’ve ordered from Etsy.

This evening I’m planning to bless the altars.

27 Likes