Altars! Love to see yours!

Yes! If she has a website feel free to link it here! I love the geometric work on the image of the Horned God!

9 Likes

Mine is still a work in progress, as I keep “altaring” it!

37 Likes

I love the dresser that your altar is on. Super pretty :blush:

9 Likes

Altars are always a work in progress, seems I change mine a lot…but I like the area you have for yours…it works right???

10 Likes

WOW all so amazing. Wish I could make one but if my boyfriend gets a glimps of anything other than a plain white candle he will blow a gasket. Needless to say I need stay in a very small broom closet :frowning: very sad as i want to get into the craft but have to be sneeky about everything

11 Likes

Hello @Katt! :two_hearts: If you want an altar, but are worried about keeping it small and personal, you may be interested in making something like a travel altar! :sparkles: There’s a helpful post in the forums about making Travel Altars. Perhaps if you have something small (and easy to pack up and hide away) you could continue your practice without worrying about your boyfriend’s reaction to a big set-up.
Wishing you all the best- I hope you can find something that works for you! :heart:

9 Likes

Ty
For the time being even a tiny tiny alter is out of the question…he is a snooper and would find it. Should have seen me scramble trying to explain a smudge stick and burning a candle in 40 degree weather lol
He found out that I am back in touch with my high school best friend who is a full blown high priestess of luciferian magic, he wouldn’t admit it but i know it scared the crap out of him LOLOLOL

9 Likes

Hmmm it seems that your boyfriend is very nervous about your practice, @Katt ! Maybe consider having a heartfelt conversation with him about it? Maybe you can find some middle ground- where it is okay for you to practice, but you do so in your own space? :handshake: That way you can still pursue your craft, but done in a way that is kept separate from where your boyfriend would be aware of it. Maybe have a girl’s weekend with your best friend from high school and practice with her, and then spend the week with your boyfriend?

It’s a tricky situation, for sure! I wish you the best of luck finding balance and creating a way to pursue your practice and your talents that you feel safe and comfortable with :blush:

6 Likes

My altar constantly changes, probably it’s because of my mood! On each occasion I switch to a different position and as a baby witch I’m still buying and researching the items that are necessary for my current moment! I did a special altar for Litha. I wanted to include more fruits like pineapple and some oranges, but I only had some bananas in my kitchen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and bananas are my favorite fruit!

43 Likes

Beautiful altar, Laura!! Very nice arrangement, and I love all the fruits!! :heart_eyes:

What is the fruit that’s under the crystals?

12 Likes

Your Litha altar is beautiful, @laura6! :two_hearts: Are those cinnamon sticks I see? Ohhh it must’ve smelled amazing! Your crystal collection is gorgeous too :gem: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

These are dried orange slices! I’m glad you like them :smiley:

11 Likes

Yep! These are delicious cinnamon sticks :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Altar goals :raised_hands: My altar is a work in progress. Right now I’m buying my collection of stones and herbs! I also bought some colorful candles, but I’m willing to make my own candles with beeswax.

8 Likes

Ohhhhhh beeswax candles are my favorite, @laura6!!! :heart_eyes: Can I ask how you make them- do you keep bees, or have a source that you get beeswax from? :honeybee::candle:

I’ve watched a few videos on YouTube about candlemaking with beeswax, as my only candlemaking experience was many, many years ago (and mostly forgotten now :sweat_smile:). I’m hoping to have a hive someday :honey_pot: - nothing better than having fresh honey and beeswax for crafting right in your own backyard! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I am such a newbie - I am doing exactly like you. Collecting stones, herbs and unfortunately purchasing candles. My creative skills are lacking considerably LOL. I’d love to see how you do it. Your altar looks so “harmonious” and I get the sense of it’s warmth :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This is one good idea…,… love the drawer one! It works!

18 Likes

I watched the video - very inspirational. I really really like the drawer idea too. You know what my problem is? I watch all kinds of YouTube videos to get some sort of “easy” creative skills. Then off I go down a billion rabbit holes (okay I exaggerate) - certainly feels like it :smiley: and then get overwhelmed LOL.

I suppose I have to remember the K.I.S.S principle but I :heart: going all out :wink:

9 Likes

I know this feeling all too well :laughing: You are so right, YouTube is just so tempting with all the amazing craft and informational videos! I can spend hours watching- but then get absolutely nothing done :sweat_smile:. Same thing with craft stores- so many beautiful bits and pieces for projects! :gem: I have so many beads and so much fabric just sitting back at home waiting… waiting to be ignored so I can buy more shiny things :joy:

6 Likes

Yes you are right - the craft stores too! I do the exact same thing. I should never rely on my memory because I come out with the complete opposite of what I needed to buy in the first place. I’m like a kid in a candy shop “oooooo I NEED that” :smiley:

8 Likes