Altars! Love to see yours!

I watched the video - very inspirational. I really really like the drawer idea too. You know what my problem is? I watch all kinds of YouTube videos to get some sort of “easy” creative skills. Then off I go down a billion rabbit holes (okay I exaggerate) - certainly feels like it :smiley: and then get overwhelmed LOL.

I suppose I have to remember the K.I.S.S principle but I :heart: going all out :wink:

9 Likes

I know this feeling all too well :laughing: You are so right, YouTube is just so tempting with all the amazing craft and informational videos! I can spend hours watching- but then get absolutely nothing done :sweat_smile:. Same thing with craft stores- so many beautiful bits and pieces for projects! :gem: I have so many beads and so much fabric just sitting back at home waiting… waiting to be ignored so I can buy more shiny things :joy:

6 Likes

Yes you are right - the craft stores too! I do the exact same thing. I should never rely on my memory because I come out with the complete opposite of what I needed to buy in the first place. I’m like a kid in a candy shop “oooooo I NEED that” :smiley:

8 Likes

Hahaha I know this feeling very well! :joy: And I’m guilty because part of me is a little happy when I remember I the things I was supposed to be buying for crafts- because that means there’s another trip to the craft store in the near future :laughing: :+1::sparkles:

6 Likes

Sorry Francisco, just a bit late with my reply! This is the Etsy seller who does those geometric deity statues, they are done on reclaimed wood too, which is good. UK-based I’m afraid, so probably a bit expensive postage-wise for anyone on your side of the Atlantic :frowning:

11 Likes

Hey @russell! Thanks for the suggestion, they look great! I like their travel altar supplies and those divination dice too! :game_die:

I ended up buying these two statues which are quite nice too!

7 Likes

Really nice ty for sharing

6 Likes

That is a super gorgeous dresser! Love the engraving/detail on it. And I love your altar. Its very pleasing to look at with it being all organized :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I love your altar @laura6! Beautiful :heart_eyes: the dried fruit must smell amazing!

8 Likes

Those are really beautiful, Francisco, thanks for sharing. You have kept your alter very simple too, which brings out the striking nature of the statues. Great job! You can find some fabulous items from craftspeople on Etsy if you hunt through. Thanks for the video too, which was very interesting. I am going to hunt out that book. Take care…

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes, that is a small table altar (50 cm / 20 inches wide) so there’s not a lot of room for extra elements. I think it helps keep the altar meaningful when each thing is picked carefuly too!

The Spiral Dance is a great read! Lots of interesting concepts for sure! :+1:

7 Likes

My alter for me, my ancestors, my practices, and for the elements :green_heart: haven’t found a deity I am more drawn too yet. :sparkles::crystal_ball::crescent_moon:

33 Likes

well that is pretty and creative using the white board

6 Likes

I thought the same thing!!

Very nice and spacious altar, @ashley7! What do you think about the book “1001 Spells”? Would you recommend it?

9 Likes

Here is what we have set up. We have 1 main altar and the girls have their own in separate ends of the house. I built an addition 7 years ago that I use for my personal altar with a workspace to make incense, potions, and oils.

Also crafted my own wand and my wife made an athame out of wood until I get a chance to forge her a blade for it.

37 Likes

47 Likes

Wow @daniel4! Incredible! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Oh WOW!!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Your altar is awesome! I’m still organizing mine because I recently discovered myself as a witch. Thank you so much for sharing your altar :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

So Tumblr aesthetics! I love it :heart:

7 Likes