Anointing and Dressing Candles - How?

I have harmonizing oil & others that I would love to use on my candles. I have never anointed or dressed a candle because I don’t know where to start. But I would like to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to go about this? I think they look beautiful & I would love to know how to do both for my spells & rituals. I also feel like I may be overthinking this, & that usually happens. I make things more complicated in my brain by doing this all the time.

9 Likes

There you go love :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Eeekkk… thank you! :heart:

6 Likes

Just added another one :relaxed: you’re welcome :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I read through them both, but I won’t remember all of it though so I made the information into a word document that I can add to my BOS. I’m going to have a section just for candles! I don’t mind though. Eventually I will go through my BOS & take out what I have never looked at again. I like working with candles, crystals, tarot, astrology, & I have found 2 deities that I connect with too. I’m going to get my oils down & put them on my altar so I have them & know which ones they are!

You’ve made my day so much better! Thank you! :heart: :parrot:

5 Likes

Here’s another link for you! It’s from the Spells8 candle magic guide.

5 Likes

I found that one when I went back through & was looking through things on other parts of candle magic! I don’t know why I didn’t look there first, but honestly I thought it was more involved. My overthinking brain hard at work again! If my memory worked normally I wouldn’t be asking. :rofl:

4 Likes

No worries love! I just though you’d like to have more information for your BOS.

4 Likes

I’m just gonna drop my video here for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thanks for the video. I really enjoyed it and might have learned something too! You did a great job. :rose:

6 Likes

Oh awesome! This will make it easier, sometimes reading what to do & seeing it helps me figure it out a bit easier. Thank you so much @MeganB

It’s a great video! Most of my questions are answered, even a few I hadn’t thought of yet. I really appreciate it. I’m going to save it & if I need to refer back to it, I will have it on my saved list!

6 Likes

I’m glad you found it helpful :candle: Did you have any specific questions that weren’t answered? I can try to help out!

6 Likes

Hello, what a great question! One method that I ascribe to involves dabbling 2 or 3 drops of charged, consecrated oil (if you need help with this process, it’s explained in the article How To Cleanse Your Life with Charging Spiritual Tools | Mysticsense ) on your fingertips and starting at the center for banishing, working your way out towards the tip first and then towards the end last. If you are trying to draw something to you, begin at the bottom and top and rub the oil from the ends towards the center, ending at the middle.

From here, you can roll the candle in charged dried herbs, or inscribe symbols into the wax with your boline (or other magickal inscription tool). These symbols might include runes, a person’s name, a personal sigil, or whatever else that has meaning to you and will aid your working. The idea is that each level of dressing will add to the energy of the candle, and therefore the spell. The symbols can imbue the intent of the spell and add their power to the working.

5 Likes

@MeganB I don’t have any yet as I haven’t tried it. But if something comes up I will definitely reach out! Thank you so much.

@Katy_Mysticsens Hi! Thank you! I have seen where they said to do it from the middle out or up, (I will get it) & I am going to try that too. Thank you for the link I will definitely read through it.

Eventually, when I can do some workings, I will find what works for me. I did take my harmonizing oil, earth oil, & full moon oil out. I have to charge them under the next moon, it’s been a while since they have been touched never mind charged. That top shelf hides everything from me.

7 Likes

On my humble opinion, dressing a candle is all about choice and intuition. There are so many herbs and EO that can have the same effect based on the intention. Try to research a common substitute of the herbs you want to use. I know Rosemary can be use for so many plants and herbs that are not easily obtainable. I try to make my own anointing oils with different essential oils, but something as olive oil can work as well. I think is all about the love and intuition. Trust your heart and be creative. You will succeed.

7 Likes

@fabian thank you! I like to use grapeseed oil as the carrier oil & I do put some essential oils in there. I like to put different herbs in them sometimes glitter to make it pretty. :joy: I have these oils & I haven’t used them so now they have a purpose. I would hate for them to go to waste. Rosemary is wonderful herb to have because it can be substituted for any other herb that you need!

Thank you so much for all of your help! I hope you have a great day!

6 Likes

I usually just set an intention, dab my fingers with some oil, and rub it all over the candle. Sometimes, I’ll sprinkle some herbs in a circle at the bottom of the holder for that extra oomph.

7 Likes

Oh thats a good idea too! Once I figure out what resonates with me, I’ll post a picture of the candle afterward!

6 Likes

Awesome I am so glad the information helped you! :grinning: I am excited for your spell.

6 Likes

I couldn’t have said that better myself!!!

6 Likes