Anybody got an answer?

I have seen people posting about “witch names?” What is this?

9 Likes

Absolutely I have an answer :blush:

From the post linked below…

There are a variety of reasons why one might choose to use a magickal name. Maybe they are afraid of getting caught and “outed”. Maybe they simply like the anonymity it provides. Maybe it means something to them. Or maybe, like Lady Althaea , their magickal name is chosen for them by their Gods.

The magickal name can become part of your identity and, when used, is like donning your robes for a ceremony or ritual. It becomes who you are at that moment, and it is a reminder to yourself and those around you that this is a time separated from the mundane.

Magickal Names - How do you choose?

8 Likes

BIG EYES

I JUST FELL IN LOVE! :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 Likes

Merry meet @triplemoonlove9091

I chose to get a witch name because I’ve never liked my first name. It brought me nothing but bullying, embarrassment, and misery as a chid. I’ve always used the English translation of my Greek first name "Fank(lin).

The following is an excerpt from Buckland’s Complete Book of Witchcraft that i used to create and choose my witch name.

Your Witch Name
You are starting your life anew (in effect). Why not start it with a name of your choosing, then, rather than one that was given to you by your parents (and which you may not care too much for)? Many Witches choose a name that, they feel, reflects their personality or, in some way, describes their interests or feelings. Names are important. It used to be that, to know someone’s name was to have a power over them—for if you knew the name of your enemy you could conjure with it. In Borneo, the Dyaks believe very strongly in the power of a name. A mother, there, will never call her child home, after dark, using his real name in case an evil spirit should learn the name and call the child itself. The mother will only call the child by a “nickname.” Your Witch name need not be kept a solemn secret but at least respect it. Use it only with other Witches or, at least, only with those close to you. Of course, you may be quite happy with your regular, given name.

1. Find your birth number by adding the digits of your date of birth. e.g., If you were born June 23, 1956, your number would be: 6.23.1956 = 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 9 + 5 + 6 = 32 Bring that down to a single digit: 3 + 2 = 5 Then 5 is your birth number. Note: Be sure to include the “19” of the year (1956). There are still people alive who were born in the late 1800s and now we are into the 2000s, so it is important. 2. Find the name number of the name you have chosen. This is done by equating all the letters of the alphabet with the first nine numbers:

Suppose you like the name DIANA. Using the above chart, D = 4, I = 9, A = 1, N = 5, and A = 1. Therefore DIANA = 4 + 9 + 1 + 5 + 1 = 20 = 2. But your birth number was 5. For your Witch name you should aim for a name that matches your birth number. In the above example, you could do this by adding a “3” letter to DIANA: a C, L, or U. So you could have, perhaps, DICANA, DILANA, or DIANAU, all of which would then add up to 5. If you do not care for any of those, think again of another possible name and check it out.

7 Likes

I was NEVER any good at Math. :joy:

LITERALLY I KNEW school wasn’t for me when I cheated on a test and still failed… :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Oh you’d get along with my son :rofl:

Him graduating during 2020 took the whole room shouting answers up until 10 minutes that this stuff was due.

The level of family time, including his 11 year old sister pitched in so he could graduate during the pandemic.

They did not have a handle on remote schooling that year & they were never able to do his IEP officially. But it definitely brought us together during the pandemic lockdown.

7 Likes

That’s amazing! :joy:
Sounds like MOST of my school years. Hahaha. I am 30 now, feels like yesterday but so far away! Lol.

6 Likes

Yeah, me too.

Oh, did you mean “fell in love?”

Sorry, I know I don’t know you well enough to tease you, but I couldn’t resist. You can choose a magical name if you choose, or not. I think of it as a “magickal username.” Most people here know my name, but outside of IRC (Infinite Roots Coven) I use undomeher. I don’t use my real name for very much on the internet.

6 Likes

I created it. My bad. Lol.

6 Likes

Buckland’s way is not the only way. It’s just the way I chose for myself.
It worked out very well for me. I’ll share the story one day.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.