Anyone become an addict to incense?

I just wanted to comment as a baby witch new to Wicca, that have become extremely fond of incense to the point i do not want o go a day with out lighting one up. Oh, i also want to mention that i feel a strong connection with the fire element and especially the sun (the horned god from my understanding). So does anyone else feel the same way or is there other things you are very attached to?

8 Likes

I don’t know about addicted, but that being a special part of your practice I can see. It could be where you’re fond of fire and feel a connection to it and the act of lighting a bit of incense makes that part of you happy. Who knows? Someone else might.

Sorry I couldn’t help you more.

4 Likes

I’m drawn to water first then fire & earth are a close second. I really connect with astrology & I’m learning the tarot. My sun sign is water & I relate it strongly. I also have a Virgo Moon & Capricorn rising. So it makes some sense why I’m drawn to them so strongly.

5 Likes

Thanks @Amethyst and @Siofra, and sorry i should have made myself more clearer @Amethyst, when i meant addicted i meant i really love them, and now that i think about it, yes it does make my practice all the more special and makes me feel more connected.
@Siofra, i too had felt a connection to water especially before i discovered Wicca, and in the beginning i actually wasn’t so sure about the fire element as i felt it had a ‘dark side’, but i soon came to realise that this is not the case and that the sun is just one of the components of fire. I am Leo so the sun is also my sign, so now although i love water, i feel a stronger connection with fire and the sun.

5 Likes

Sorry I took you seriously! LOL! My bad.

Fire can be a good thing, in moderation. Candles and lighting incense and bonfires and the creativity of fire. A phoenix rising from the ashes. It’s only when you get too much sun do you get burned.

Literally and figuratively. LOL! I myself turn into a lobster.

4 Likes

I am that way with candles, always have to have one burning. I love incense as well but my daughter is sensitive to the smells (myself as well I suppose, as I tend to get a headache after a few mintues) so I only burn one when I’m by myself. Thinking back, I was a bit of a little Pyro when I was younger. Always drawn to fire :fire:
:revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

:raised_hand: Add me to the list of Incense Acquisition Syndrome sufferers lol :laughing:

That would be an unrelenting urge to buy incense as an anticipated catalyst of creative energy and bringer of happiness.

5 Likes

@Francisco i can relate to you there, even though i have only started my journey in Wicca, i just can’t stop the urge to light an incent and some candles when i am at the altar. Especially when researching and taking lessons on Wicca. I feel it makes my whole experience feel more positive and real.

5 Likes

Smell is one of our strongest senses. Certain smells remind you of, maybe your mom, a childhood memory, your own cologne, etc.
I am nuts over Dragon’s blood, musk, baby powder and Windsong.
I’d either burn or wear them every day but our house is so small the fire alarms would probably go off.

6 Likes