"Are you a good Witch or a bad Witch?"

Beliefs are hard to describe and sometimes even harder to adhere to. They are your moral conscience, & yours, alone. You, and only you can make and or adhere to these beliefs. A moral compass? Are these, then the principles of right and wrong? The goodness or badness of the human character.

People are much too complex to so easily describe that way. I’ve met people that just radiated evil. Others glowed with goodness. Then there is the majority of people, who ride the fence between good and bad. They are your worst enemy or sometimes your BFF. And that my friends is the nature of the beast.

Human beings started out as prey. There was always something bigger and stronger. Evolution has allowed us to not only survive but to change into the apex predators in the world. Wolves, albeit sometimes in sheep’s clothing, but predatory wolves nonetheless.

I’m throwing out thoughts and ideas that affect my practice and or everyday life. These, in my opinion, are mine. They are not meant to change what others believe, I am not a God or a prophet. I do not mean to offend anyone and apologize in advance for any offense that may be taken.

In a perfect world, no one could demand obedience to anything. That would imply a dictatorship or cult. Witchcraft is neither, although we have been called both. We are people who have been looking for… safety, companionship, and a home.

Magick isn’t the be-all, end-all in the solutions in life, but a tool in the arsenal of your life. It is not good or bad unless it is used that way.

I wanted to turn my first mother-in-law into a noisy goose, but the old woman already was one.
I want my first husband to turn into a beast but, again, he already was one. Sigh…
Then I thought, a frog! But I couldn’t transform him, besides, he was already a toad. :poop:,
I did the worst thing I could do to him. I wished him well and left him.
Losing 180 lbs of useless fat, overnight without diet or exercise. Smile and skip!
That was when my life really began.

Your life is molded by your actions and your actions by your beliefs.
So? Be careful what you wish for or you may just get it.
Garnet - The SunWitch

19 Likes

This post is incredible dearest Garnet! :hearts: I think that I literally agree with everything you have said here! I also believe that NO human is good or bad unless they use one of their both sides a bit more. I think, even sometimes the bad guys/gals (who chose that path unknowingly) are a blessing to us! Even if they hurt us, give us pain, both mental and emotional, they are becoming the catalyst in making us what we are today! Isn’t it true love? :innocent: :two_hearts: I feel deep down, such people are just…lost. In an oblivion, a maze where they think they are doing good! I bet that could be cured by only one means - Love. I mean, if we accept what they are (but don’t bear their nonsense) and simply let go without any animosity, that’s true love for humanity. In the meanwhile one must also, make them feel how wrong they are by killing them with kindness. :white_heart: :sparkles: That was a loooong one! :sweat_smile: :smiling_face: Anyways, as always I loooove your discussions Garnet, I am soo happy that I got to be here and read your wise words! :kissing_heart: :revolving_hearts:
Blessed Be my dear! :hugs: :people_hugging: :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Soooo… my answer to the question is YES. Depending on who is judging me and their perception and understanding of ME. Good and evil…who’s to judge.

Life regression meditation will show this to be true. Then we were altered with free will and sentience. of course our beliefs are our own.

One never knows another till you leave them. I’m glad you are free

Please forgive me for anything of offence. I have been in these same situations and felt I needed to respond

Blessed be

12 Likes

I believe that all the “evil” in the world comes from ignorance… from feeling that we’re limited to this one life and this one body, that we desperately have to cling to, to keep it alive and as comfortable as possible at all costs, constantly afraid and suspicious of others. The more we can let others in, see ourselves mirrored in them, and realize that we’re actually all in this together, that we’re really the one and the same, the more we can love and the less we have to fear. To realize that we already are complete and have everything, there’s nothing more to gain, and nothing that can truly be taken from us.

12 Likes

I am very aware of my own duality in this regard. I am generally gentle and intend no harm to others, but as my best friend has often said, “just don’t piss him off.”

The good in me is what protects others from the rest of me. Push your luck at your peril.

10 Likes

Solasta_AmoreSun Witch.
you have become so wise and your self-reflection is getting better and better.

ShadeweaverBaby Witch
What we are born with is like directions to putting together a bookcase. But what we learn in life’s experience often becomes more valuable than the instructions.

UndomeherHolder of Light
All of us have a dark side and must struggle to keep it under control.
Ron, your insight is always welcome.

Love to all
Garnet

10 Likes

Thank you for this thought provoking post.

I do believe most are on the fence as @Garnet wrote. No one truly knows what they are capable of until they are actually in a situation. Until we have experience it is just conjecture and supposition and hope (hope we will act the way we would like to).

• be careful with what you wish for as you might just get it

Agreed!! This is coming from experience. I have gotten what i asked for and then realized that wasn’t exactly what I meant. :joy:

One thing I to do with a difficult person is to ask for them to be blessed by the God and Goddess. Blessings can be curses and curses can be blessings. I don’t know that other person’s path, but if they have hurt me I ask for them to be blessed, surround them with white light for highest and best. That way they are given the energetic space to shift/make different choices. If they don’t and they don’t enjoy the consequences of their actions I am ok with that. See, I am a fence sitter too :slightly_smiling_face:.

@anon87969570 yup. I get that. I try my best to be nice but I will defend myself and family. My husband calls me a mama bear. Lol

10 Likes

Phoenix_RoseSun Witch
Miss Maureen, You really thought about this and I am so impressed with your conclusions. You are a kind and giving witch.
“Life is hard and then you die.” Don’t be afraid of challenges. Keep your nose (karma) clean and you will do fine, dear one.
:slightly_smiling_face:
Garnet

8 Likes

Thank you wise and wonderful @Garnet for another post filled with your wisdom and wit!
When is your book coming out???

“Sometimes bad people are a blessing… we wouldn’t be who we are without them… simply let go without any animosity…”

This reminds me of a quote from Carlos Casteneda,

My benefactor used to say that the warrior who stumbles on a petty tyrant is a lucky one.

You are wise beyond your years sweet @Solasta_Amore
I wouldn’t change a thing in my life, because I wouldn’t be who I am today without all the painful things that have happened in my life. I have forgiven and blessed everyone who has caused me pain!

I do believe that light and darkness exist in all of us! And it’s a choice we can make. Your insight is direct and to the point… perfect!

This is a lovely thing to do, dear one, you have a good heart. I send healing to all living beings here on earth, with the intention that it’s up to them to receive it or not. However, I like your idea of giving them the energetic space to shift/make different choices. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

With love :hearts: & gratitude :pray: always

11 Likes

I love to read your thoughts! I’m glad I have such a wise friend!

9 Likes

d1e96ab5161154fd7dcc604f66540bd1

Silverwitch via Pinterest

8 Likes

@anon87969570 Haha :joy: :woman_mage:t2:

6 Likes

Thank youuuu sweet heart!! I love youuu :face_holding_back_tears: :kissing_heart: :heart:

9 Likes

This touched me Marsha really, I soooo admire youuu! :heart_eyes: :face_holding_back_tears: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

:rofl: This fits me perfectly! @anon87969570

7 Likes

Thank you @marsha :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I agree with this except I still have not truly forgiven myself.

7 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose

Forgiving is not something you can do quickly, it wasn’t (isn’t) for me. I can’t even tell you how many times I forgave my mother, it’s taken me a very long time, many many years. I’m more comfortable with all that’s happened, and maybe sometimes there’s a feeling of peace. I still make mistakes and wish I had not done that! :roll_eyes: All I can do is try, try, try again! We’re human and here to learn, and we do learn from our mistakes. Be patient with yourself, dear one :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Phoenic_Rose
Oh, my darling girl, it took me years of self-reflection, some counseling, and shadow work.

My ultimate conclusion was, I needed to own my actions, without excuses.
Forgive those who misused me and hardest of all, forgive myself.
We did all the things that caused us pain, no one else. No excuse, just own them. What you cannot change causes growth, pain, and all. You may not like it, but it is what it is.
My Mom used to say ‘Hindsight is better than foresight’.
At the time I didn’t understand. Then one day I grew a brain and the meaning was clear.
What has been, cannot be changed. Reflect upon how it affected you and then move on. It is sometimes the hardest thing you’ve ever done.
The future is clear and clean. And most important, so are you.

I send love (and the ability to forgive ourselves)
Garnet

7 Likes

Beautifully said @Garnet! I just spray my “bitch begone spray” and feel better. My co-workers probably wonder why my desk area smells so good. Lol!

6 Likes

Phoenix_Rose
Child, when we were born, we were all bright and shiny-clean.
Regardless of how much mud we’ve covered ourselves with, we only need to soak & wash it off.
Clean as a whistle, with only a few bumps and scrapes. With time, even they will fade. Please be kinder to yourself, I happen to like the girl you are…
Love
Garnet

5 Likes