Article Discussion - The True Meaning Of The Pentagram

https://wiccanspells.info/wiccan-pagan-articles/the-true-meaning-of-the-pentagram/ I thought this was a good read. I also thought someone else might enjoy a little read. Sorry for being away for what seemed like forever…lol…know ing it was only a few days. Anyway , just so you know , theres not a day goes by that all of you are not in my thoughts. I think about this constanstly. Yes , I,m watching just incase you need me. Stay safe my friends. Came back for a little edit: Deep inside me the pain of losing her 9 months ago is now tormenting me once again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s almost making me change my way of thinking but I know it’s just the anger in me(Taurus) wanting to unleash something on something , if not upon myself for not taking care of her like I promised.

7 Likes

First of all, good article. Thanks for sharing!

Secondly, I’m sorry you’re missing your Fiance so much right now. I know holidays are the worst and it hasn’t been a year yet. Be kind to yourself. She wouldn’t want you blaming yourself. Or getting angry at something or someone who doesn’t deserve it. Take comfort from the fact that she’s watching over you. I’ll be sending you love and light. :hugs:

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing both the interesting article and your warm heart @FlagrumThorn :heart: I am so sorry to hear old pains have been reawakened lately- like Kasie said, the holidays have a darker side of reopening old wounds. My heart goes out to you and I hope that you can connect with your lost loved one and feel their warmth even in these dark times :candle:

You may want to consider doing spellwork to honor them and hopefully find peace. I recommend the following two spells:

Wiccan-Prayer-For-A-Dead-Pet-750x500
Prayer for the Departed

Ritual-for-a-Dead-Loved-One-750x500
Spell for a Deceased Loved One

Sending big hugs your way- know that you can always reach out here when you are feeling down. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you can find the light in your life again soon! Blessed be :hugs::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Dearest @FlagrumThorn.
As a fellow Taurean I get the motivation to lash out and find justice in what we see as unjust situations. Grief intensifies that drive. Trust in your instincts to pull you through. The steps of grief differ for everyone, but anger is often a part of the process and for some it is an important step to face and deal with in order to move forward.

The 7 stages of grief

1. Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  2. Pain and guilt. …
  3. Anger and bargaining. …
  4. Depression. …
  5. The upward turn. …
  6. Reconstruction and working through. …
  7. Acceptance and hope.

Maybe your Book of Mirrors would be a good place to vent those feelings and thoughts. -RANT, RAGE, AND RENEW your soul.

It has been over 6 years since my mom passed and her passing changed my life plans dramatically. It took a long time to accept those changes as positive but in hind sight I see how lucky I was to have my life derailed. I hope you find your path back to equilibrium and balance. Acceptance may take more time. I am glad you are here.

Thanks for sharing the article… I look forward to reading it.

6 Likes

Great topic, @FlagrumThorn.

I’ve seen lots of discussions around the meaning of the pentagram: whether it’s called pentagram or pentacle; whether it’s supposed to be evil if it’s upside-down; what it represents, and more. We discussed some of these things in this topic too: The difference between a pentagram and a pentacle?

I agree with Berta’s advice. I also found this piece online, called “Grief comes in waves”:

As for grief, you’ll find it comes in waves. When the ship is first wrecked, you’re drowning, with wreckage all around you. Everything floating around you reminds you of the beauty and the magnificence of the ship that was, and is no more. And all you can do is float. You find some piece of the wreckage and you hang on for a while. Maybe it’s some physical thing. Maybe it’s a happy memory or a photograph. Maybe it’s a person who is also floating. For a while, all you can do is float. Stay alive.

In the beginning, the waves are 100 feet tall and crash over you without mercy. They come 10 seconds apart and don’t even give you time to catch your breath. All you can do is hang on and float. After a while, maybe weeks, maybe months, you’ll find the waves are still 100 feet tall, but they come further apart. When they come, they still crash all over you and wipe you out. But in between, you can breathe, you can function. You never know what’s going to trigger the grief. It might be a song, a picture, a street intersection, the smell of a cup of coffee. It can be just about anything…and the wave comes crashing. But in between waves, there is life.

Somewhere down the line, and it’s different for everybody, you find that the waves are only 80 feet tall. Or 50 feet tall. And while they still come, they come further apart. You can see them coming. An anniversary, a birthday, or Christmas, or landing at O’Hare. You can see it coming, for the most part, and prepare yourself. And when it washes over you, you know that somehow you will, again, come out the other side. Soaking wet, sputtering, still hanging on to some tiny piece of the wreckage, but you’ll come out.

Take it from an old guy. The waves never stop coming, and somehow you don’t really want them to. But you learn that you’ll survive them. And other waves will come. And you’ll survive them too. If you’re lucky, you’ll have lots of scars from lots of loves. And lots of shipwrecks.

7 Likes

@Amethyst. Thanx so much.

5 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you. I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

@berta Thank you very much.

6 Likes

@Francisco Thank you Your words and everyone elses really helps.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing the article! I’m sorry you’re going through such a hard time. You got some great advice from my fellow witches. Like they mention- it’s a process that we have to go through! Like @berta said, I’m sure she’s watching over you or may even have a message for you. As hard as it is to swallow this awful :pill: of heartache and sorrow- just know that death is rebirth and renewal. At least that’s how I see it. I really believe there is somewhere else our spirit/soul go too.
Blessed be

5 Likes

@Francisco I know this thread started out as a study of the pentagram / pentangle. I think it ended up as an exploration of SPIRIT. It is so much easier for us to ground ourselves in the physically tangible elements of AIR WATER EARTH and FIRE. SPIRIT tends to be impalpable, and yet can take the greatest tole on us through emotional attachments. Grief then becomes a physical act of release of something that our body recognizes as significantly tangible.

I love the symbolism of the ship wreck, and the waves. There are days of grief that feel just like that. I am getting a whole new perspective as I watch my Dad fading. He is not in pain, or suffering, he just is not as focused or interested in the activities of living. The newspapers that used to be part of the daily routine pile up and remain unread. Meals are light and few. I sometimes feel like the ‘mean nurse’ waking him from sleep (sometimes several times) before he wakes enough to eat or drink anything. It is as if he is slipping through my hands as I struggle to hold him close. I find myself exhausted in the process and yet I am not doing that much. I do a lot of self talk. Mostly to convince myself that there is no power I can manifest to change what is part of nature. I am only dreading my own grief. And if we are blessed we will experience MANY ship wrecks.

5 Likes

You’re welcome! Anytime you need an ear or want to talk about her, just post.

3 Likes

@walter Thanx !

4 Likes

It is a beautiful analogy :ocean:

My heart goes out to you as you ride the waves and stay strong against the storm, Berta. I am sorry about your father, but it is comforting that he is not suffering. And he has the best care anyone could ever hope for! He is a lucky and blessed man, and I think it is wonderful that you are treasuring this time with him :pray:

You are doing the best you can and are right that we are a part of nature and cannot fight the cycle of life. It has its beauties, joys, and happinesses, just as the cycle has its sadnesses and pain as well. Sending big hugs in troubled times- love and light to you! Please take good care of yourself and your own spirit as well :heart: :hugs:

5 Likes

I’m sorry you are seeing your Dad fading. But I’m happy that you are there for him. He must be a beautiful soul. Lots of love to both of you, Berta :two_hearts:

6 Likes