šŸ’« Astral Travel & Astral Projection

A few weeks ago, I was doing a past life regression through a youtube by Dr. Brian Weiss. A couple of weeks later, I took another one.
I had taken a plr class through my reiki master, but this was much more powerful. The thing isā€¦both times with the Weiss classes, rather than having a plr, I spoke with either my higher self or my guide on the astral plane. Both times, I had an obe. The first time, I felt like I was having a very hard time getting back into my body and as I was alone in the house, that was a bit scary. It took a while before I dared to try it, again. The second time, same thing, I spoke with my guide or higher self and I still didnā€™t return to my body right away, but in my mind, I held onto the ā€˜handā€™ of my guide and then I quickly returned to my body, so it wasnā€™t as scary the second time. I know the answer to this question yet, at the same time, I have to ask. Is it possible to not return to the body after astral traveling? Thanks.

12 Likes

I have never heard of this being a possibility, so I did some digging. Here are a few things I found.

Fortunately, although it makes for a good story, the reality is that this happening during Astral Projection is virtually impossible. The myth probably stems from the fact that occasionally a little difficulty is experienced in returning to the body. This does really happen from time to time, but it is nothing to get concerned about.

If you should find yourself having re-entry problems during Astral Projection, it is important to know that there is no reason to panic! Just enjoy the extra time that you have to travel and explore, and you will return to your body in good time.

The other side of the same myth involves something happening to the physical body while the etheric body is off travelling. Again, this idea is quite a horrific one, and it is no wonder that it has a hold on popular imagination. This also is a fear that I believe is pretty much unfounded.

When we are Astral Projecting and something arises that could be a threat, the ethereal body will return instantly to the physical body; this is something I have experienced a couple of times. You should not regard your body as being any more defenseless when you are having an Out-of-Body-Experience than when you are sleeping!

ā€“ https://out-of-body-experience.info/return-to-body-after-astral-projection/

12 Likes

Megan, sorry for the delay, I was sick. Wow, I canā€™t believe you took the time to research this for meā€¦thank you! This is a relief to know because I did want to try it, again, but was a bit afraid! Itā€™s good to know that this is something that can happen and that it is ok (and that Iā€™m not the only one this happens to!) Also, thanks for the link.
Thanks, again!

9 Likes

I am surprised that you had this experience with the Monroe Institute protocols. Did you have a mentor/teacher at the time? Did you ever report this experience to them or ask someone about it?

9 Likes

Oh no worries! Iā€™m totally here to help if possible! :blush: Researching for you also helps me, so itā€™s a win-win! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Astral projection or travel the first time it happens can be frightening, So be prepared, I having never researched it properly was terrified that I was lost and would never get back into my body, All you have to know is just will yourself back and you are instantly returned. I unfortunately have never been able to control it, When I want to I cant, But when just having a little morning meditation Iā€™m off most of the time its great, but it has been a few times harrowing I think when people are in a disaster situation and crying for help they may attract the unwary astral traveler.

9 Likes

Welcome, @roy2! :blush:

Thank you for your advice and warnings about astral travel, Roy- they are much appreciated! :pray:

It sounds like you have mastered the ability to enter the astral planes which is really neat. As for the control, Iā€™m certainly no expert, but from what youā€™ve said it sounds like training control for astral travel might be similar to training for control in lucid dreams as well. Lots of mental strength, confidence, and self-belief training involved in order to control the situation and properly ā€œsteerā€ yourself :compass:

Thanks again for sharing your experiences- Iā€™m wishing you continued success (and hopefully no more harrowing or frightening experiences!) with your astral travelling! Good luck and blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

@heather75 here is my

Trance Journey Astral Travel powder

Needs to be preformed on a dark moon to enhance the magik of the herbs

Blend together mugwort, wormwood, red sandlewood chips, chamomile, and copal resin.

Burn herbs on a charcoal disk in a WELL VENTILATED area

Recite: "With the sacred beat of my breath i fall deeper and deeper between worlds" say 3x

@Susurrus @MeganB or @BryWisteria will one of you wonderful ladies add this to my master recipe list please?

15 Likes

Itā€™s my pleasure! :blush: Your Trance Journal Astral Travel Powder has been added to your Recipe Master List- thank you so much for sharing it! :heart::herb::sparkles:

10 Likes

@BryWisteria thank darlin

9 Likes

I appreciate your sharing your wisdom and experience so much! Thank you!

9 Likes

@heather75 u are most welcome hon. Anything i can do to help. Just ask.

8 Likes

This is a good to know. It shows that this is not something to be done lightly and that, though we will always return to our bodies, it is important to be careful andā€¦maybe itā€™s not for everyone. I might try it one more time and if I struggle again, I probably would not be inclined to try it again. Thank you.

12 Likes

Iā€™m late to the party :crazy_face:, but I was given a meditation formula for astral travel. It was this.
Have a pyramid shape crystal, large. Black obsidian good for protection. Hold it in your hand and focus your attention on it, visualising yourself inside the pyramid. See itā€™s high walls around you, and walk down the long corridor. Enter a large room, with several doorways off of it. Inside that large room, place a personal object to you, that object in the room will be your focal point to bring you home. Then choose a door, and walk through it. The personal object should bring you back home if you need it. So you donā€™t get lost.

Iā€™ve yet to try this method, I get to the room but get a little lost once in there, the meditation becomes unstable and everything starts to blend. Iā€™ve journeyed with Loki but itā€™s been in meditation, not a physical separation, though I know from other Lokeans he does do this. Has anyone tried this method :green_heart:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve never heard of this method before, but Iā€™ll tuck it away from future use and let you know how it goes!

8 Likes

Someone told me about this a while ago, but I havenā€™t tried it. I totally forgot about trying it, actually. :sweat_smile:

Picking a personal objectā€¦ I wonder what to use. :thinking:

8 Likes

Iā€™d try it but I suck at remembering directions so idk lol :rofl:

9 Likes

Record yourself saying the directions and listen to them. :laughing: Iā€™m considering doing that for myself. It might help me get over the sound of my own voice, too.

9 Likes

You remind me I need a voice recorder and a hand mirror.

8 Likes

But if you follow the recording wouldnā€™t the way out be opposite to the way in? Youā€™d think I was talking about math but nope just simple directions. Leave it to me to make it harder than it is :joy:

9 Likes