Astrological Forecast W/C 2nd January 2023

Astrological Highlights for the Week Ahead

Happy New (Calendar :joy:) Year to you all! I’ve been fairly busy recently, after a somewhat complicated pregnancy @praecog29 and I welcomed our perfect little girl into the world, 5 weeks early, on Halloween! :jack_o_lantern: I’ve missed posting the Astrological Highlights so I thought I would pop in and give you all a little update on where everything is in the skies for the start of 2023! I hope you are all well and are as excited as I am, for what 2023 will bring :grinning:

Venus :astrology_venus: in Aquarius :aquarius: 2nd January 2023 09:09pm (ET) 3rd January 2023 02:09am (GMT)

Aquarius is an Air :leaves: sign, meaning it’s all about the mind and communication. This sign loves a chat! It’s a Fixed sign, which means it is stabilising, secure, committed and wed :wedding: to its plans. However, the same quality that makes it see it’s plans through to the end, can mean it can be stubborn, inflexible, and not know when to make adjustments :straight_ruler:

Aquarius admires brain :brain: power, knowledge, and a creative thought process. It is a very forward-thinking sign – loves planning for the future and adores innovative thinking. Aquarius is all for the humanitarian :people_holding_hands: causes, is unconventional, rebellious, and super passionate – it wants to make all the changes and save the world! This sign is not afraid to fly its “freak flag”. In the negative, Aquarius :aquarius: can be detached, unpredictable and find boredom :yawning_face: in routine. They can come across as superior and a little eccentric at times.

Venus, of course, rules love :heartpulse: and is all about pleasure and shared pleasures with other people. Venus also governs over romance and harmony in our emotional attachments, marriages :couplekiss_man_woman: and friendships. Beauty is strongly associated with Venus, as is money - typically the spending of money :dollar: that brings us pleasure and joy.

Venus’s energy is social and sensual but not necessarily sexual (that remains in Mars’ :astrology_mars: domain). It is harmonious and likes us to indulge in pleasure and luxury – all those diva :dancer: vibes! This planet tells us about our personal “Love Language” – how we love others and like others to love us.

When Venus transits Aquarius, we are inclined to commit to love. We become passionate :fire: in love, and we like to make plans for our futures regarding love – think doey eyed Disney Princess’ :heart_eyes: (or Princes!) in a pinken fog :heartpulse::fog: dreaming of the perfect happily ever after! The future of our long-term relationships could be on our minds, as well as the relationships we have with ourselves or our friends.

Money is also on the mind – new ways to make money :moneybag: and innovative strategies :chart_with_upwards_trend: for making more money (my money don’t jiggle jiggle!!). Learning new skills in order to enhance our finances could be a theme. Rekindling a lost passion or hobby or finding new drive for a humanitarian course are also possibilities for this transit.

We would do well to be aware of the negative traits of Aquarius :aquarius: that could influence this transit. Rebellion, unpredictability, and boredom can flavour our love life’s (and wallets!) unfavourably, so proceed with caution :warning:

Sun :astrology_sun: in Capricorn :capricorn: 21st December 2022 4:48pm (ET) 21st December 2022 9:48pm (GMT)

The good news is, the Sun :astrology_sun: in Capricorn has Venus in Aquarius’ :aquarius: back! Capricorn’s logical, analytical and career driven :red_car: tendencies are spurring on our ambitions to make our money and love life’s work. Capricorn is the workhorse :racehorse: of the zodiac, committed and stable, and wants us to succeed!! The Sun will remain in Capricorn until 20th January 2023.

Capricorn :capricorn: is a Cardinal sign – these signs “kick off” a new season and signal change, Capricorn is the first winter :snowflake: sign. There’s a reason we chose to make New Year’s resolutions – the natural end of the calendar :date: year and chance to start again is tempting for humans; we see it as a chance to leave behind that which we don’t want to bring forward and to start a fresh – Capricorn feeds this drive to achieve and being an Earth :earth_africa: sign, grounds us, providing an antidote to Airy Aquarius’.

Mercury :astrology_mercury: Retrograde in Capricorn :capricorn: 29th December 2023 4:32am (ET) 29th December 2023 9:32am (GMT)

In other news, we start this New Calendar Year with tricky Mercury :astrology_mercury: already Retrograding in Capricorn :capricorn: and this, is a GOOD THING! Stay with me here! Firstly, Mercury briefly visited Venus in its Retrograde, encouraging us to kiss :kiss: and make up for any Mercury-esk arguments that we may have had in the shadow phase. Secondly, Mercurial energy can be good or bad, but it is always energising! :zap: This planet prompts us to move from one thing to the next and to get answers on both a physical and psychological level.

Mercury Retrograde is all about the “re’s”, reanalysing, revisiting, re-evaluating, reflecting, re-organising. If you work with the energy, rather than against it, this time can be truly rewarding! :trophy: Instead of rushing in with a ton of unrealistic resolutions, think about what you really want to achieve in the coming year and what is genuinely achievable for you.

This Retrograde is happening in Capricorn :capricorn: – all those Capricornian themes we talked about above apply here too. We’re talking career, planning, stability :house:what didn’t work for you last year and what would you like to do about it this year? Mercury will be in Retrograde until 18th January 2023.

Mars :astrology_mars: Retrograde in Gemini :gemini: 30th October 2022 9:26am (ET) 30th October 2022 2:26pm (GMT)

Speaking of Retrogrades, we also go into the New Year with Mars :astrology_mars: Retrograding in Gemini :gemini: When Mars is in Retrograde, we can become hesitant, uncertain, and constantly second-guess ourselves :thinking: Our confidence isn’t as high as it normally is, and we may begin to doubt or question :question: our abilities, as a result, we can be snappy and quick to anger :angry: – the exact opposite of the other energies swirling around right now!

This is currently flavoured with all things Gemini :gemini: – quick wit, intelligence but above all, communication! :speaking_head: Put the two together and you could find yourself throwing insults :right_anger_bubble: and arguing unnecessarily.

The good news is, this Retrograde ends 12th January 2023, so we don’t have to deal with this energetic conflict :confounded: for long, but while Mercury :astrology_mercury: and Mars :astrology_mars: are in Retrograde, diving :woman_cartwheeling: headfirst into your game plans might be more difficult to do than usual. Its best to hold off actioning our plans, but by all means make the plans! It is the perfect time to reflect and meditate :man_in_lotus_position: and get everything ready to launch :rocket: once Mercury and Mars turn direct.

Saturn :astrology_saturn: sextile Neptune :astrology_neptune: 6th January 2023 2:57am (ET) 6th January 2023 7:57am (GMT)

Back to the positive transits then, we have a truly lovely sextile between Saturn :astrology_saturn: and Neptune :astrology_neptune: hitting us 6th January 2023 at 2:57am ET. If we needed any more energy driving us to achieve our goals :soccer: this is it! Saturn sextile Neptune transit brings material gain from spiritual :butterfly: pursuits. This is a great time to make ritual a part of your daily routine again if you’ve been slacking in that department over the holidays.

This transit tells us we can make our dreams :thought_balloon: come true (Venus in Aquarius) with hard work and a sensible, realistic approach (Sun :sun: in Capricorn). We will understand our limitations but will retain our optimism and gain a deeper understanding of our goals and how they fit into the bigger picture :framed_picture: (Mercury Retrograde in Capricorn) – can you see how these amazing energies are combining and working together here?! :dizzy:

The Outer Planets Recap

The Outer Planets are mostly working with us too (remember the Outer Planets are known as the Generational Planets due to their slower cycles, so do not affect us as personally as the Inner Planets). Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto are all Direct, while Uranus remains Retrograde in Taurus :taurus: until 22nd January 2023, urging us to look inward at the role we play in society.

Jupiter :astrology_jupiter: is retracing its steps through Pisces :pisces: since turning Direct in November 2022, giving us a lucky :four_leaf_clover: boost to our dreams. Saturn :astrology_saturn: continues its transit of Aquarius :aquarius: until March 2023, further imploring us to create new structures that will revolutionise society. Neptune :astrology_neptune: stationed Direct in Pisces :pisces: 3rd December 2022, its ruling sign, so is happy at home and Pluto :astrology_pluto: is Direct in Capricorn :capricorn: since 8th October 2022, encouraging us to transform our careers :man_teacher: and long-term stability.

Full Moon :astrology_moon: in Cancer :cancer: 6th January 2023 6:08pm (ET) 6th January 2023 11:08pm (GMT)

CANCER - Water / Cardinal
RULING PLANET - Moon :crescent_moon:
4th HOUSE - Family :family_man_woman_girl_boy: Home Life, Roots, Emotional Stability
COLOURS - Silvers, Greys, Blue :white_heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart:
CRYSTALS - Emerald, Moonstone, Chrysoprase :crystal_ball:

Full Moon :full_moon: is an opportunity for us to surrender to the Divine :pray: and with this month’s full moon falling in its ruling sign of Cancer :cancer: you can expect emotions to be heightened. Cancer is a Water sign :ocean: meaning it is sensitive, intuitive, and sentimental; it is also a Cardinal sign, which signifies a change.

Intuition :person_in_lotus_position: will be strong at this time, and we would do well to lean into our intuition and focus on our emotional needs. Cancer is family :family_man_woman_girl_boy: orientated, compassionate and nurturing so this is an ideal time to check in with our closest attachments and see what is truly serving us and what (or who) is not.

As this Full Moon is occurring while the Sun :astrology_sun: is in Capricorn, it is important for us to address the Cancer-Capricorn polarity we are experiencing. If Cancer :cancer: is feelings, then Capricorn :capricorn:
is facts. While Capricorn is driving us to work :man_factory_worker: and achieve, Cancer is asking us to take a step back and check that our heads are in line with our hearts :heart:

Capricorn is giving us a push forward :fast_forward: and encouraging us to make plans, Cancer is making sure those plans are our complementing our hearts true desires. Capricorn is focused on career and Cancer is worrying about family :breast_feeding: – this Full Moon is encouraging you to find the balance :balance_scale: between work and family, and between feeling and fact before moving forward.

So, you see everything is coming together in a truly beautiful way :dizzy: All these energies are working with us to help propel us to the next level! Once Mercury :astrology_mercury: and Mars :astrology_mars: are out of Retrograde there really will be no stopping us! :confetti_ball:

Happy New (Calendar) Year!

Love & Light to all :heartpulse: :candle: :stonehenge:

10 Likes

Happy New Year @Abs53! Thank you for kicking off the New Year with another forecast! I actually was trying to figure out the Capricorn sign more in-depth because of so much of it around & being my rising sign, so thank you for the wealth of information in very understandable bits for my foggy brain!

I hope you & yours are having a great holiday season! We look forward to seeing you & chatting with you & @praecog29 as the year progresses! :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

@Abs53

Thank you so much! I so love your astrology posts, and I am so glad you found the time to post today! Congrats on “Welcoming your perfect little girl on Halloween!” I hope you and your family are well, and yes I’m excited to see what 2023 will bring us too!

With big hugs :hugs: and lots of love :heart: always

7 Likes

Congratulations on your precious baby! That is lovely news!

8 Likes

WOW! A Halloween baby! That’s so great, congratulations to both of you!

7 Likes

I gobbled this up like a kid in a candy shop- I love these astrological forecasts @Abs53! I’ve missed them and I’ve missed you :heart::blush:

A huge congrats to you and @praecog29 on the birth of your little girl, that is so exciting! And a Halloween birthday too, ooooo~ a very auspicious day to welcome a new member of a very magickal family :wink::sparkles::two_hearts:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wisdom and for stopping by to check it! It’s always great to hear from you and you are always very welcome here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lots of love and blessed new (calendar) year! :partying_face:

7 Likes

Wow @Abs53!! This is soo lovely! All the astrological highlights in one post! I lovee the way you have explained everything! And specially, I love these lines!!! :arrow_right:

If Cancer :cancer: is feelings, then Capricorn :capricorn:
is facts. While Capricorn is driving us to work :man_factory_worker: and achieve, Cancer is asking us to take a step back and check that our heads are in line with our hearts :heart:

I mean, this was totally mind blowing! I now realize why I am kinda’ having heightened mood swings as we are getting close to the full wolf moon that is in Cancer :sweat_smile: But the last one phrase,

This tells to balance your emotions with an equal amount of stability and reality in your scale!! I basically loove this forecast! :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Congratulations you two! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada: :partying_face:

We’ve missed you, for sure, and I’m glad to hear from you that you’re doing alright!

7 Likes

@Susurrus Thank you! We had a lovely time, hope you are well :smiley: Have missed chatting with you.

@marsha You are very welcome, we are great thank you, hope all is good with you too :sparkling_heart: bigs hugs and lots of love back!

@AileyGrey Thank you - she is wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amethyst Thanks so much - @praecog29 joked she would come on Halloween but we never seriously thought she would :joy:

@BryWisteria I have missed you too! Hope to be more active over the coming months, as long as the little one allows it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It was such a lovely surprise she arrived on Halloween, it has made the day even more special for us :sparkles: she was born at 23:48pm, so at one point I thought she would be 1st November but she was determined to make it Halloween! :rofl: they said she would be in ICU/Transitional Care for 1-2 weeks but she made it out of ICU in 4 days and only spent 2 days in TC - little trooper :dizzy:

@Solasta_Amore aww thank you very much :smiley: so glad you enjoyed it! I love astrology and I find it so enlightening and it really helps me understand what’s going on and why I might be feeling a certain way. It always gives me an “a-ha!” moment because so often it clicks exactly with what I’m feeling or the issues coming up. Crazy!

@MeganB Thanks! We’ve missed you guys too! We’re great, I really hope you are all doing great too :smile:

7 Likes

I’ve missed you both also! I feel like it’s been forever! But it’s been a long road for me too in a much different sense though. I hope your darling daughter is doing well now & you had a lovely time during the holidays. :people_hugging:

7 Likes

I’m just glad you two and your little family are doing well!

7 Likes

She was meant to be a Halloween baby! :heart::jack_o_lantern: :sparkles: And it sounds like she is a strong one too- I’m glad you were all able to make it home sooner than expected. Congrats again! I can tell she is already bringing lots of joy into your lives :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

This forecast is in the past- but no worries! You can browse Astrological Forecasts to find the current news for the skies this week.