Audio books

What are some good audio books for a beginner studying the craft? I prefer celtic/druid myself but im not sure which ones are actually good.

7 Likes

If you’re focusing on Wicca, Scott Cunningham is fantastic. He focuses on the solitary path, learning the basics and how to make it your own. I’ve been able to get his main Wicca book at my library through Hoopla / Libby, and his Wicca and Living Wicca (second book) are on Audible. :pentagram: :heart:

Edit: for Druid, I’m not 100% sure, but Penny Billington has a Druidry book that is great. It has similarities to Wicca but is focused on nature rather than spells. I’m pretty sure you can get it as an audio book.

If you want to learn about Irish gods and goddesses, or the culture / lore, @Susurrus and @MeganB will probably have some great resources for you!

7 Likes

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

6 Likes

I don’t have any Druid-specific books I can recommend. I know there are a few out there but, not having read them myself, I can’t fully recommend them.

Is there something specific you’re interested in with regard to Celtic lore, mythology, and beliefs? Celtic encompasses many countries over a long span of time, so getting specific is imperative, in my opinion, when looking for resources.

There’s also Druid-specific websites that have information such as OBOD, The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids, and Ar Ndraiocht Fein, ADF Druidry. One thing to remember about modern Druidry is that it’s very modern. Historical records and accounts of what is now considered Druidry across the Celtic countries can be difficult to find if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.