Bags versus jars

Obviously cloth bags won’t work so well if you’re using an oil, but otherwise are jars and bags interchangeable? I mean if the scent is part of the working of the spell clearly a bag makes more sense. But since I have many more jars than bags and having scented bags all over the place might make me look weird, can I do a spell bag spell in a spell jar?

6 Likes

I don’t see why not. If you want the scent you could even poke holes in the lid I guess.

7 Likes

Wow that was a fast answer! Thank you!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! Remember this is just my opinion. Someone else may say something else.

7 Likes

@anon87969570 use what you have. I don’t think it really matters.

8 Likes

I use pouches, bags, jars, bottles… it depends on what I have on hand & what the spells intent is going to be.

I re -did my Grief Sachet & it hangs from a sconce above my side of the bed. I have a witch’s ball (plastic ornament) with my intentions for the year 2021 hanging from the other sconce. I have a couple of spell jars on my altar that were the little jelly/jam jars. One is for peace & calm the other is for protection.

I also use a small jar of the same type for my Fresh Incense for the Morrigan. I have others with different mixes in different types of small jars.

There’s not really a set rule for which you use, it’s up to you & what you have to work with & the purpose & how you want to perform it. :blush:

6 Likes

@anon87969570
See, you learn something new every day. The very Idea of using bags for herbs and spices in a spell is wonderful. You can put a sweet smelling bag in with your clothes to freshen the scent, or you can put it in a very small crock pot to refresh your house. Thanks for the great idea.
Garnet

5 Likes

I like to use mesh bags for showers or to hold crystals. If it’s a spell bag I usually make it a cloth bag that can be closed. My chakra stones are in different color corresponding drawstring pouches too. I love bags & jars & bottles for spells & to hold items.

4 Likes