Beautiful creatures

So many exciting things coming your way, @christina4! :heart_eyes: It looks like your dreams were trying to reassure you of the good things soon to come! :rabbit::angel: You’re very welcome- best of luck with everything, and please let us know how you like the crystal healer course! :gem: It sounds very interesting!

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to let you all know how it turns out! By the way, I love that you put Higher Love under your name! Love is a wonderful thing :sparkling_heart::two_hearts::revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Am I the only one here terrified of butterflies??? lol. It’s silly I know. Most bugs freak me out. Especially ones with wings. :woozy_face: :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

I am not terrified of butterflies, but moths and june bug freak me out something fierce. I would rather stay in my house at night because of them alone. Lol

3 Likes

I think it’s very common. There’s even a name for it: Lepidopterophobia!

The lack of predictability of movement is associated with the fear in that people do not know whether the butterfly or moth will land on them or where on their body they will touch.

I can totally see that happening. I’m not a big fan of flying insects either. And in my hometown there used to be flying cockroaches, so imagine finding one of those in your bedroom when you’re trying to go to sleep!

3 Likes

Oh no! I can’t imagine that one! I don’t want to. Lol

2 Likes

I will take a pass on the flying cockroaches… we have huge June bugs that make noise as they are flying. Those things can steal small children if you’re not careful!

3 Likes

LOL yes, I’m starting to have horrible flashbacks… But killing them was super satisfying!

2 Likes

Glorious! Lovely guests to have over :grin:

3 Likes

LOL - that makes the two of us.

4 Likes

Blockquote And in my hometown there used to be flying cockroaches, so imagine finding one of those in your bedroom when you’re trying to go to sleep!

Okay, I would NOT do well in that situation. Just that sentence alone has caused a shiver up my spine. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

@Eclectic_Jess

When my father passed away, I was standing there and a monarch butterfly landed in his grave. Then it flew up and landed on my shoulder. It stayed there as I walked around telling everyone thanks for coming and sent them off.

When it was time to leave it went from my shoulder to the car and ride home with us.

Ever since then Everytime I see a monarch in my yard I call it dad.

Our yard has so many butterflies and they are always surrounding me, landing on me. So I love butterflies. My wife always tells me they are the guardians of my past loved ones.

Maybe if you look at it that way, your fear of them might lessen. Plus they don’t bite and won’t hurt you.

2 Likes

@Francisco

We have those here and call them palmetto bugs.

I don’t like to harm anything, so one time I was moving one from the house (at the time I did not know they could fly) it flew out of my hand and into my hair. I could hear it flapping and feel it crawling bit with my long hair I couldn’t get it.

I ended up getting slapped with a flip flop in the back of head, and see my wife laughing.

Afterwards was probably one of the longest showers I have ever taken lol.

3 Likes

Ahhhh flying cockroaches!!! :scream: I can’t even imagine, @Francisco! And ohhhh I know those June bugs @Susurrus- I can still hear the sound and it makes me shiver :woozy_face:

Thanks @christina4! I think so too :blush: :sparkling_heart: Higher Love is one of the “secret” forum titles- for any badge/title collectors, here is how you can earn this one: [Hidden in case some people would like it remain secret! :shushing_face:]

Summary

Lots of love to all! :two_hearts: I hope everyone is doing well and fending off any crazy flying bugs you have in your region :bug::laughing:

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve been trying to keep up with how they work. I like the idea that they’re secret.

4 Likes

@daniel4 I love this about butterflies. I had always thought they were someone visiting like Cardinals and Humming Birds. When my mom passed away, there were butterflies and a humming bird in my Uncle’s yard that wouldn’t leave us alone. It was there the whole afternoon and into the next day. We always said that it was my mom visiting us to let us know she was okay and that we would be too! So now when I see butterflies, cardinals, or humming birds I think of my Nana and my Mom.

3 Likes

Uh-oh, I apologize if I spoiled the secret of this one for you! I’ve hidden the picture above in case anyone else wants to find this title on their own :+1: There are so many to be found in creative ways around the forums- happy title hunting! :grin:

This is a lovely story, @Susurrus! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s wonderful that you and @daniel4 have such nice associations with butterflies :butterfly:. This rang a bell for me, and made me remember something I had heard in Japan. In Japanese folklore, butterflies are said to be (or to carry) the spirits of the dead:

Butterflies – ‘Choho’

animal-beautiful-monarch-butterfly-86701-600x400

Japan perceives the butterfly to be a ‘soul of the living and the dead’, as a result of the popular belief that spirits of the dead take the form of a butterfly when on their journey to the other world and eternal life.

[From the article Japanese Symbolic Animal Meanings]

A beautiful sign to see! :blush::butterfly:

4 Likes

This post is old, but there are plenty of other critter chats out there! Feel free to browse the pets and animals tags for current discussions- or, if there isn’t one- feel free to start a new thread! :paw_prints: