Beauty Box | Weekly Challenge

Merry Meet!

I was perplexed on what I was going to do for this week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge. I don’t know any beauty magick!!

Well, the universe has it’ss way of delivering and my copy of The Big Book of Practical Spells: Everyday Magic That Works arrived in time! There were several beauty spells but Persephone’s Beauty Box resonated with me.

To summarize the spell, find a pretty box, add flowers, herbs, and gemstones that fit your intentions. Then add things that bring you happiness and remind you of beauty. Finally, add a picture of yourself that you love.

Beauty boxes are never complete. You can always add to them, replace items that no longer serve you, or completely redo it! Whenever you are feeling low or your self esteem is low, open your box and go through it - absorbing the energy you need.

Here is some pictures of mine! I’m not including everything I included as it should be personal to your intentions.

10 Likes

What a great idea. It’s beautiful, and what a great photo.

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s our favorite photo from a trip to Ft. Walton, Fl.

4 Likes

It’s beautiful there. I love Florida. There is so much nature to see. The beaches are cathartic. That’s where I truly feel I can be one with nature.

5 Likes

It is lovely! We spend a lot of time at Matagorda, TX. The beaches aren’t as nice but the fishing is great.

4 Likes

What a lovely idea, I may have to try this.

5 Likes

It sounds like you found a great book, @Amaris_Bane- what a lovely idea! And your Persephone’s Box looks amazing- I just love how all of those lovely flower petals look arranged in the box :bouquet: :blush: Thank you for sharing your beautiful Beauty Magick, Jessica!

5 Likes

It’s beautiful :heart: you did a great job with this challenge :+1:

6 Likes

@IrisW, with my history of depression and it deciding to rear it’s ugly head this week, this really resonated with me! Making the box helped me tremendously and now I have something that brings me joy that I can use when I’m not feeling my best. I would highly recommended it to anyone!

I’ve been looking for a good spell book and heard great things about this one, @BryWisteria. It arrived at the perfect time. I used various colors of rose and Lily petals to cover the bottom. They called to me and looked so beautiful!

Thank you @christina4! It was a great project to find things that remind me of happiness and beauty.

6 Likes

Oh wow! A beauty box is a fantastic idea! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love how versatile it is, too. Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

That is awesome! So beautiful, both the box and the picture!

4 Likes

Thank you! The picture is our favorite. I found the box at Michael’s by chance.

4 Likes

I wish we had a Michael’s. All we have is Hobby Lobby and I won’t shop there.

4 Likes

The one by my house is small. I don’t like shopping at Hobby Lobby but I will sometimes and kinda feel like the fact that I’m going to be using what I buy in witchcraft as a trade off. I’m trying to find other craft stores here in the Houston area (I live in a small suburb of Houston) so I can boycott Hobby Lobby completely. Most things I’ve started buying online instead.

4 Likes