🌹 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Beauty Magick

Merry Meet!

Well done once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - A Touch of Tarot :flower_playing_cards:

With wisdom granted from the Tarot, it’s time to take a closer look at another enchanting aspect of magick :rose:

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

:rose::lips: Beauty Magick :heart::sparkles:

Beauty is all around us…

There is physical beauty like seeing a blooming flower, catching an enchanting sunset, wearing an outfit that brings out your best, or seeing someone who steals your breath away :rose:

Beauty can also be emotional or mental- found in the smiles of loved ones, joyful successes, powerful moments you will remember forever- things that go much deeper than the mirror’s reflection :heart:

No matter whether you choose to increase beauty physically or work some beauty magick in a non-material way, this week’s challenge is all about using magick to increase or discover beauty in your life :sparkles:

Are you ready?

It’s… CHALLENGE TIME! :bellhop_bell:

[From QuoteFancy]

PART 1 : Using Beauty Magick :rose:

Before jumping into this challenge, it may be helpful to take a moment to ask yourself:

What does “beauty” mean to me?

Where do you usually find beauty- in the mirror? In your favorite things or most beloved people? In the world around you?

Once you get a feel for how beauty plays a role in your life, you will be able to examine where you feel that you are lacking beauty and can focus on increasing it in that area.

[From QuoteFancy]

~~~ Here are just a few suggestions of how you could jump into beauty magick this week: ~~~

:prince: :princess: Magick for Increasing Physical Beauty

Do you want to look more beautiful? There are spells to increase physical beauty- but in order to determine where and how to direct your magick, you may want to first consider the standards of beauty are you comparing yourself to.

:grey_exclamation: The commercial beauty industry has earned a reputation for being “toxic”- using cosmetics that contain dangerous chemicals, models pressured into unhealthy habits, and impossible standards set by heavy photoshop editing- just to name a few of the issues of this extremely profit-based industry.

With a clear intention in mind, you can use the following spells along with safer natural ingredients and taking a more ethically and wholesome approach to foster both a beautiful and healthy appearance :sparkles:

Eternal Beauty Mirror Spell
Easy-Beauty-Spell-360x240

Glamor Spell for Beauty and Attraction
Glamour-Magic-Spell

Natural Beauty Product: DIY Rose Oil Soap
DIY-Liquid-Rose-Soap-Recipe-360x240

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Magick for Seeing the Beauty in Yourself

No matter their physical appearance, those with low self-esteem may struggle to see the beauty in themselves or believe that they don’t have any beauty at all.

Consider using self-love and self-care spells to spark good feelings that you have for yourself and begin to see the beauty hiding from your eyes.

Bath Spell for Self-Love and Acceptance
Bath-Spell-for-Self-Esteem

Self-Compassion Meditation
Guided-Meditation-Self-Compassion-Difficult-times-360x240

Self-Love Appreciation Break Spell
Self-Appreciation-Meditation-thumb-360x240

:eye: Magick for Increasing Beauty Appreciation

There is beauty all around us- but so often, we don’t see it! This week, you could explore beauty magick by cultivating mindfulness and appreciation for beauty that is currently going unseen in your life.

[From WisdomQuotes]

:pray: Worship a Deity of Beauty

There are many deities associated with beauty. Practice beauty magick and increase the beauty in your life by working with a deity such as one of the following:

Gaia: Devotional Chant for Youth and Beauty
Gaia-Wiccan-Devotional-Prayer

Aphrodite: Devotional Prayer and Dance Song
Aphrodite

:raised_hands: …And More!

Beauty takes many forums- feel free to pursue it in your own way!

You may consider making some lovely artwork :art:, redecorating your altar in a stunning way :place_of_worship:, or making something blessed and beautiful to give to a loved one or as an offering :bouquet:

Feel free to let your creativity dazzle this week :sparkles:

PART 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you have to share your experience with the forum.

Please share:

1. Your experience with beauty magick

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new post in the forums.

If you create a new post, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post - thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, July 20th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)
( 2021-07-20T05:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

[From Pinterest]

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

For those new to challenges, know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

The beauty within or the beauty beyond- may your magick be the key to unlocking more loveliness in your life!

Blessed be :rose::sparkles:

16 Likes

While putting this challenge together I tried my best to use a neutral voice, but I think it’s still pretty obvious how I feel about the commercial beauty industry :no_good_woman:

I’m a huge fan of homemade natural cosmetics and always enjoy seeing beauty and attraction spells- I can’t wait to see what people come up with for this challenge :pray::heart:

Love, Light, and Beauty!

19 Likes

I’ve got some vitamin E oil that I need to use up. This should be fun :partying_face: :rose:

also I feel you about the beauty industry lol

12 Likes

I’m thinking of doing the Guided Meditation for Beauty - Law of Attraction.

I’ve been naturally skinny my whole life, but there’ve been times where I wish I wasn’t. I’m not underweight, but doctor says it wouldn’t hurt to put on 20 pounds. I’ve bought weight gain supplements at GNC, but if I stop using them, I’ll just lose weight and be back at square one.

As far as I know, the US still has a major problem with obesity. Food portions are huge; a medium soda was once considered a large. You can find diet advertisements everywhere. Some of my family (and customers) have told me that I should be lucky that I have trouble gaining weight and that many Americans would kill to be able to freely overeat at Christmas.

However, I don’t feel lucky. It’s like the other end of the weight spectrum. At times, I’ve felt just as distressed as an overweight person who has been trying to lose weight, but to no avail.

I don’t think it’s a compliment when customers have said, “You’d better not have that fan running too high; you might blow over”, or “I bet you’ve never eaten at McDonald’s in your life,” or “Oh, there you are! I didn’t see you! Was looking at you from the side!” :expressionless:
I’ve even been called an “anorexic clerk” and the “anorexic manager.”

To me, these comments can be as hurtful as someone saying to an overweight person to “put the spoon down!”

I’m hoping that this meditation will help me learn to accept that being naturally skinny is part of who I am, that this is my body type.

16 Likes

I hear you :relieved: I make my own natural cosmetics :kissing_heart: I’ll send you some once I’ve got international standard certification :sparkles:

I only have UK/EU currently :upside_down_face:

Will start thinking on this one, thank you @BryWisteria :black_heart:

8 Likes

I’m sorry people are such idiots @Kasandra. I have the opposite problem, being obese. Still, people don’t say too much within my hearing. Probably afraid I’d sit on them! LOL!

Not sure what I’ll do myself. I’ll have to think about it.

11 Likes

Isn’t making your own cosmetics fun? Other than there being so many ingredients… where do I put them all and where did my money go? :joy:

I’m tutoring a little group this weekend, showing them how to make their own beauty products! :blush: They seem really enthusiastic about it, I feel privileged to share my passion with them and hope I can inspire them to keep experimenting on their own. Let’s bring down the big names together, muhaha! :grin:

11 Likes

Cheers, @MeganB- and awesome! Enjoy your beauty work :sparkles::blush:

Sorry to hear about the hurtful comments, @Kasandra- everyone’s bodies are unique and “healthy” looks different on different people. I hope you enjoy the meditation and that it can help to grow self-confidence, which is both a helpful support and a shield :pray::heart:

That’s so kind of you @Abs53- I’m so happy that your natural cosmetics business is going well! :partying_face::heart: Do you have a website up and running yet? As soon as I’ve got a set address (we’re jumping around for some travel over the next few months) I would love to place an order :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers to that, @Amethyst- sorry you’ve have to deal with insensitive comments from people too :worried: I hope you can find something fun and empowering for the challenge- good luck! :heart:

What a great subject for tutoring, @CelestiaMoon! :star_struck: I think it’s so valuable to teach people about what is actually inside the pretty products on the shelves, raise awareness, and let kids make educated decisions. It sounds like you are both an excellent and fun tutor :grin::+1: Have a fun lesson!

13 Likes

Yes, I love it. You can tailor everything with so much more specificity! And researching new botanicals :tulip:is a passion.

It’s really visually satisfying mixing up creams and my nerdy side :nerd_face: gets so much gratification from combining water and oil perfectly :sweat_smile:

My daughter loves blending scents with me :relieved: she’s actually really good at creating complimenting aromas. She made the most intoxicating scent that I now use as the standard signature for my facial oils :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I will never understand why “society” deems it normal to pass comments about appearance and weight :face_with_monocle:

I hope you enjoy your meditation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@BryWisteria the website should be launching early next year :grimacing: Just tell me what you like the look of and I’ll gift it to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

I just did the Gaia devotional chant for youth and beauty. I had my Gaia statue with me and a green candle for love of the green Goddess herself. :green_heart:

11 Likes

I love this so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

You have a heart of gold @Abs53 :sparkling_heart: Good luck with the website- I’m looking forward to seeing it when it’s ready and hearing about the grand opening of your online business! Cheering for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bravo @Christina4! Gaia is such a lovely deitity to work with- may Her blessing further enhance your beauty and youthful energy :earth_americas: :green_heart: Great job!

10 Likes

I don’t exactly know where my brain has been the last couple of days. It’s 4:45 PM on Friday & it just dawned on me that this started a couple days ago. I knew something was missing. :face_with_monocle:

I actually have no idea what to do with this one. Except that I have been working on more self love. I’m just stumped where to start. I use my witchy soaps with witchy music in the shower. That always makes me feel good for the day though.

I’ll figure something out though. Going to have to think about this one for a little bit first.:thinking:

8 Likes

@Kasandra, my sister and my husband are both in your same situation! My sister, 38 and mother to 5, weighs in around 100 lbs on a good day (she’s only 5 foot tall). My husband, who is 43, is 5 foot 10 inches and maybe 125 lbs.? He was 145 lbs when we meet then was sick for almost 2 years where he couldn’t eat solid food (cyst in his throat) almost 15 years ago. He went down to 115 and looked like Jack Skeleton! Eating about 5000 calories a day got him to 125 lbs and the nutritionist gave up. His blood work is fine so the doctors aren’t worried. But it’s even worse for guys to be skinny! Plus me being heavier, we get jokes about “does she eat all the food?” or “does she only cook for herself?” Not fun.

I don’t know why people can’t just worry about themselves!

Know that we love you just the way you are! Blessed Be

10 Likes

@Kasandra
I know exactly how it feels to be too skinny, yet everyone tries to tell you how lucky you are. When I was in my teens especially but up until around 25 I was 5’7" and weighed 104lbs. You could literally see my bones sticking out. I drank Ensure everyday, asked my doctor, who just told me to be patient and as soon as I was in my mid twenties my metabolism would slow down… Well he actually was right. Even after I had my 1st child I still lost all the weight and was right back where I was. Around 25 I got up to around 12o or so. Stayed that way until my 2nd child, 10 years after the 1st, and now it won’t go away lol. My chart at my doctors office has actually said I was overweight at 160.
And yes the things people say to you, not thinking they’re hurting you’re feelings because you’re skinny can be very hurtful. I had some jerk nickname me Ribcage.
I don’t know your age, or if it may apply to you or not. If you’re young, your metabolism may slow down naturally like mine did. But either way, just know that you are beautiful inside and out

12 Likes

@Kasandra, @MyLyn when I was younger I had the same issue. 5’6 & 115 soaking wet. My metabolism really slowed down after my 3rd child when I was in my early 30s. I lost all the weight from my 2 boys. After my 2nd I went from being 115 before to gaining 10 pounds to 125. My doctor wants me closer to 140/145 but since my bloodwork is good & I have normal blood pressure, they don’t fuss about it. (I fluctuate between 145 & 155)

I dont know if it applies to you or not, but when I was ski nicer I got all kinds “jokes”. My family would constantly tell me to eat more too. My friends would tell me how jealous they were too in new & creative ways. I’m happy with where I am now. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Kasandra,

Friends always comment like it’s a bad thing to be 133 pounds 5’4. It does not matter how you look; people are just critics! For example, when I was a kid my cousin and family called me miss piggy! Well I had an appetite for food. But, later on in my life I developed a complex. I never tried to lose weight, it just happened naturally. I would ride the bike all the time to work. When I started losing weight I would walk through the door and my boss would make comments on how much weight I lost, as if it were a bad thing. I get comments all the time from people wow you look so skinny! “You need to put some weight on” “Don’t lose any more weight”. A customer had the audacity to say “here have a candy you can use some meat on your bones”! I never even met the guy in my life! People can just be so shallow and empty sometimes and it seems to me that there just are jealous, I think. I feel discrimination about weight too, on so many factors. No matter what I do I can never please anyone but myself.! I am almost 40 yrs.’ old but for the first time in my life, I feel great! I could honestly say that I feel I am beautiful despite my flaws never the less we all have them. I am happy in my body for the first time in my whole life. is the physical aspect of all things but when it comes to my mental health, I am ashamed. But I am a working progress and I am working on healing myself from the past. Honestly when I seen this challenge, I thought what I great opportunity to poor some LOVE into the depths of my being! I love myself despite my flaws and that’s that! I do have a hard time excepting who I am for some reason or another!
I hope you realize that even if you put some weight on, it won’t change the fact that people are never going to accept you unless you accept you for being you! I have never seen you but I bet you 9 out of 10! You are a beautiful person and people are just jealous of your hot body!
I am not sure what I am going to do for this challenge but I am going to embrace it whole heartedly!
Jeannie
blessed be!

12 Likes

Christina,
I did the same meditation too! I went to the park today and played games and sat under the tree and did a meditation too! I fell today, hit my head really hard. I had a unforeseen event. I am glad I did not hurt myself! I fell right on my back! Luckily I am okay! I women I knew massaged my head and everyone at the park saw me fall. Everyone came to my rescue!
Funny thing is I did the same meditation!
Blessed Be!

10 Likes

I really wasn’t certain what to do for this one.

I’ve scoured the books I have and there’s very little in glamour magic.

I’m already working on stuff for my mental health, making me more beautiful from within, and I’ve got quite crafty and arty this week with my hats (my red one should be finished today).

I did find a simple recipe for an oatmeal and honey facial scrub in my Green Witchcraft book which I’m definitely going to try, but I want to do more.

So had a scout on Amazon and found this

The Eclectic Witch’s Glamoire: Glamour Spells & Rituals To Attract Love, Boost Beauty and Build Confidence

It arrives today and I can’t wait.

11 Likes