Beginner witch here!

• What does it mean to be a Witch for you? Being a witch to me honestly means believing in the earth. Being a person of beautiful creations
    Energy. Nature and natural.

• What do you hope to achieve while learning Witchcraft? To learn how to channel my higher self and to have fond a diety.

• What fears do you find in following this path? The discovery of my true self discovery of my inner feelings

• What do you feel when you think of God/Goddess? A higher power

• What does the Divine or the Spiritual World mean to you? Im unsure.

7 Likes

Welcome @richard7! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here in the forum. I’m from Cape Cod.

I love :heart: your honest answers to the questions presented! Great answers!

I don’t want to say, “Being one with nature.” I will say having a connection to the Earth & the elements is an amazing part of the journey. Learning how they work & understanding the cycles & how they work & balance each other helps a lot with learning about yourself too.

Any inner feelings, maybe anxieties that you have about your path, they will ease as you find what works for you. Which will come from learning about different aspects & being open to trying new things, genuine active learning, & continuing to do so throughout your journey.

The Divine is a wonderful aspect of the craft. Whether it be the Universe, the Divine Masculine & Divine Feminine, the God & Goddess, or a specific deity/deities, or any combination of those… your beliefs are your beliefs & no one can tell you they are necessarily wrong to have which is the same as opinions in a way I suppose.

Have you found the courses section? Those are a great place to start for the basics of many topics. They are full of great information that you can bookmark & printables or downloads. You can also search the forum for any topics of interest or further information.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here is very helpful & friendly or to jump in on any open topic. Someone will be along as soon as they can to help you or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Are there any specific topics that interest you? We have many witches from around the world. We all have our own paths but still love to learn new things & find our own way that’s comfortable for each of us. The Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History are good place tonseentheany topics we have covered & how they are approached… they are very open to how you approaxh them.

I look forward to helping you start your path & learning with you as you grow :hugs:

Another couple of great places to meet & talk with others is Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! (Dec 19 - 25) :christmas_tree: for information about the goings on within the forum & witchy world at large & the (Group Ritual - Dec 22) :star2: The Third Night of Yule - Courage.

Please reach out if you need to, I look forward to chatting with you soon :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Merry meet @richard7 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

Thank you for sharing your reflection- I always really enjoy seeing how fellow witches and magick-users find and define themselves within their Crafts.

Taking the time to thoughtfully answer questions like this is a great way to keep a tangible record of your practice and progress- hang onto these answers, my friend! Further down the road it will be helpful (and fun!) to look back and see how your practice develops with time :mage: :sparkles:

Please make yourself at home around here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, need help, or simply want to chat with fellow coven members. The coven is here and always happy to help those at the start (and all stages) of their magickal journeys :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Richard!

5 Likes

Hi @richard7! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Let’s see if I can answer your questions without babbling on and on.

Being a witch to me means listening to that little voice in the back of your head. It also means possibilities to me. I can do anything I set my mind to!

I hope to connect to the Divine and the Universal Source.

My fears? I don’t remember much of my childhood really, not as some people do. I’m afraid to touch that shadow work with a ten-foot pole. Maybe one day I’ll do it but then again maybe not.

What does the Divine mean to me? That someone is watching out for me, trying to help as long as I’ll let them.

Hope that helps you out!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @richard7 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here on the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

I love your answers to the questions here :blush: I think being a witch definitely has to do with a connection to the Earth and other planes of existence. I think the Earth is part of how we draw our power, learn to ground ourselves, and walk in beautiful co-existence with the other beings that are here.

You said you’re afraid of discovering your true self and your inner feelings. Can I ask why? I’m truly curious, but no worries if you don’t want to or can’t explain!

In any case, I look forward to seeing you around in the forum!

Oh goodness :laughing: I’m not laughing at you, but I’m laughing because you and I are in the same boat with that! I don’t remember much of my childhood either and I’m afraid to dig into that, too!

5 Likes

Welcome and Merry Meet @richard7,

For me personally:

• I personally don’t necessarily see myself as a witch per say. I’m still defining myself atm! Nonetheless I see being Wiccan or being “witchy” as being someone who is connected to the earth and the universe in a fundamental or intrinsic way. Someone who can tap into the earth’s and the universe’s natural powers and meld them with their own abilities in order to be closer to their own Divinity. I’m not sure if I made that make sense to everyone! lol

• I hope to achieve a more natural order in my life by learning how to tap into nature more and symbiotically create changes that will help me be a better, happier, healthier me and environment around me.

• I mostly fear that I will not be able to connect spiritually with my path and therefore not be able to achieve what it is I am following this path for.

• What I think of in terms of God/Goddess is, Divinity in and of itself. I currently do not think of them in terms of Deities per say. I personally feel more inclined to think of Divinity as Energy. Energy is dispensed and consumed by everything. It is in all of us, around all of us, and in everything. I believe, for the most part, the Energy we put out, is the Energy we get back. It is also give and take. What we give must be given, or “gotten” back. Otherwise we are slowly depleting, much like a battery. Without “recharging” we eventually shut down. So we find ways to charge up, be it interacting with other people, nature, or tapping into what each of us considers the Divine (your Gods/Goddesses). For me that Energy, is Devine. So, in a way, Divinity is in all of us, we are Devine ourselves. Not to say we are Gods by any means, just that “God” is in all of us. We just have to find a way to tap into it! (hopefully that wasn’t too nonsensical!) (also, I think that was a two for one answer!) :smiley:

Great discussion, by the way!

Be Well,

~Amber

6 Likes

I have this same issue! I have learned this typically stems from childhood traumas. They call it disassociation - the disconnection or separation of something from something else or the state of being or separation of some aspects of mental functioning from conscious awareness, leading to a degree of mental dysfunction or to mental conditions including dissociative identity disorder. It is highly recommended one seeks therapy for this because, and I know this from personal experience, the disassociation can and often progresses and begins to leak into one’s adult life. Do you frequently forget where you put things, forget why you walked into a room, forget things that people have told you or that you’ve learned (particularly “recently”). Keep in mind, typically in psychiatry, they mean it happens to the point where it is affecting your day to day living. If so it’s something that definitely should be discussed with a professional, preferably someone familiar with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Sorry if that was way off base! I’m currently in school for this type of thing, and I’ve personally dealt (am dealing) with it! :grimacing: lol

5 Likes

I was very drawn to this statement & I have to say… I do work with energy, I can feel it within me when it changes the slightest bit whether that’s a lack of or an overabundance, excitement, calming, or otherwise. I know when it needs to be released because it’s not serving me in the best way. When I do feel like I need to recharge, refresh, release, change the energy… I do several different things & sometimes it depends on the weather & my physical conditions, the situations involved, my abilities, & beliefs. I’m constantly learning new things about these topics, so I try things to see what works for me & what doesn’t then go from there.

This past year I have connected with more of the elements than just water :water_element: & fire :fire_element: I have always been connected to water :ocean: as long as I can remember. Over the last 2 or so years, it’s been with fire :fire: Since last spring it’s been earth :earth_element: & as of a couple of months ago, air :air_element: (I am very much a baby step :footprints: type of person) I have had a working knowledge of the cycles of the seasons, elements, earth :earth_americas: itself… but being able to connect with the elements that make up the earth is wonderful & learning how they balance each other and work with each other and their cycles have just strengthened my connections and my path.

I also have a connection to the solar and lunar cycles and astrology… I absolutely draw energy from the sun :sun: Sunny days are definitely more enjoyable, not so sunny days, I tend to not withdraw, but do more things that are… I’m not sure how to explain it reflective or introspective maybe?

I have always been drawn to lunar cycles & specifically the New Moon & have found that as a good starting point for myself rather than the full moon, again… baby steps :footprints:… although I feel like I’m sort of working backward with my learning of the lunar cycles. My understanding of the waning cycle & the New Moon :new_moon: is much stronger than the waxing & full moon :full_moon:

I do believe in the Divine & the Universe which are balancing entities/energies to me, & I also work with 2 deities. In a way, both are liminal & transformative. One is more direct & one is more nurturing, but both let me know when they need my attention for something & they are also balancing with each other too. I don’t usually classify them this way, but for lack of a better explanation, one is light & one is dark. (this isn’t any reference to light being good & dark being bad) that’s a separate thing entirely in my practice.

5 Likes

I was a fat kid with a funny accent and no family to back me up at school. I’m lucky I remember as much as I do. No need to dig into that. LOL!

School was hell for me, so it doesn’t surprise me that I’d disassociate from it. One time I do remember, I was attacked by a rabid dog in front of the whole school and they laughed, thinking it was funny. Like I said, not going there. I survived, that’s enough for me.

5 Likes

That is just awful, I am so sorry you went through that. Kids can be terribly mean sometimes! Well, so can adults at times. But still… :heart: :white_heart: :black_heart:

5 Likes

The dog actually bit my pants he was so close, so I squeezed out of them and ran. Even the teachers were laughing instead of helping. My Mom was not a happy camper after getting me checked out at the doctor.

Thanks, love. I think I just grew up in an area full of idiots or something. LOL!

5 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome :infinite_roots: @richard7

I love the questions you have posted and answered for us. It’s a great way to get to know each other.

1. What does it mean to be a Witch for you? I have always played with energy :zap: even as a child. After all, “Witch” is just a word, a label, a name. I am so much more! And yet, I am a witch!

2. What do you hope to achieve while learning Witchcraft? I am first and foremost an energy worker. I am a light holder, a channel for light, I send healing to the Earth and all its creatures. I am a “Warrior of the Light!” I am a “Witch!”

3. What fears do you find in following this path? I have learned many methods of protection, and clearing, so my eyes are open, no fear. I walk a path of dark and light, in lower and higher dimensions, always with the intention of healing for the highest good. I am a witch.

4. What do you feel when you think of God/Goddess? I feel amazing power and energy! I learn so much when working with this energy. I am not Wiccan, I am spiritual, I am a witch.

5. What does the Divine or the Spiritual World mean to you? I see the Divine as a brilliant pure “Light.” We are all souls (spirits) in a body of skin and bones, so when it’s time, our soul sheds the body and moves to another dimension. And so, I am.

There are lots of friendly and helpful people here so if you have any questions, just ask! We are here for you, Richard, welcome to the family.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always,
The Other Marsha

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.