🔔 Bell Spell to Summon a Spirit

Thank you @tracyS. I found it on amazon. They are loud be peaceful. I love playing them.

12 Likes

This gave me a great idea! :bulb: Never thought of putting beads on my witch’s bells! I have an abundance!

My crystal bell is on my ancestor altar. Not sure I’d want to remove it from there.

I did recently buy this one

Pardon the papers in the background! My space is always chaotic! (Better word than messy :rofl::laughing:)

13 Likes

@Sivonnah that’s a lovely bell :green_heart:

11 Likes

@tracyS It’s my pleasure, Tracy - I’m glad the spell served you well! If you use it again, I hope it can continue to assist you in your lovely summoning and spirit work :heart: :blush: Happy casting!

@celineelise, @Jeannie1, @Stormii, @Sivonnah - Beautiful bells, chimes, singing bowls, and more! :bell: :sparkles: They are so neat to see! You all have such amazing magickal tools :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To those who mentioned wanting to cast the bell spell soon, if you do give it a go I hope it serves you well! Blessed casting and summoning :pray: :candle: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Beautiful❤️

10 Likes

SĂł beautiful :heart:

11 Likes

I have a question regarding bells. I didn’t realize it when I bought it but my bell has Chinese or Japanese writing on it. Or maybe it’s symbols. Lol it’s small so it’s hard to see. I’ll post a pic. But, is that going to make a difference in what it can or should be used for?

10 Likes

I’d say no. It’s in the intent. It’s :heart: beautiful

I cleanse my stuff . I use smoke or sound use another bell over the top of that one to clear it then charge in the sun or moon good to go. Speaking of I need to do my crystals when I’m off and recharge them. Except selenite. You don’t have to charge selenite they generate their own energy.

Alot of things you’ll read will say use this color so and so. Ehh I don’t worry about those specifics as much.

10 Likes

@Mystique It’s lovely. But if you’re worried get someone to translate it. It might be wonderful to know what it says. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

It’s Chinese. :smile:

Yep. I can try to translate it for you, if you like.

9 Likes

Oh wow @starborn ! That would be amazing if you could! Let me know if you need better pictures

8 Likes

Some more photos would be great.

I’m having trouble reading a few characters even in the first photo, but that’s just how they are.

A better shot of the larger text could help me find a source, too, if there is one.

I’ll sit down at my computer, where I can see the photos better, after dinner. :black_heart:

9 Likes

9 Likes

I have a few options. :laughing: My Chinese is terrible, it’s old Chinese, or it’s jibberish.

If it’s old Chinese and I have to fill in the blanks of the meanings… It’s East Asian Buddhist in nature. There’s something about 32 incarnations, the depths of hundreds of thousands of aeons, peaceful something road over the mountain, possibly something about seals…

Sorry, that’s not very useful. But what might be useful is that it doesn’t sound like it’s anything bad? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Have to give a round of applause to you, @starborn - you’re amazing and your linguistic talents never cease to impress me! :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Bravo and thank you!

It’s a beautiful bell, Mystique! :sparkles:

While knowing the origins of the magickal tool can certainly help to shine a light on its intended purpose, I personally think the most important thing is the energy of the tool itself.

This is coming from someone who is using a drinking glass as a candle holder (it makes such beautiful reflections!), stores dried herbs in repurposed jam jars, and recycles the fabric from old clothes to make my spell pouches - all to say, things can be more than what they were originally intended to be used for. Everything is full of possibilities, it all depends on the individual!

I would recommend sitting with your bell, ringing it, listening to it during meditations, etc in order to connect with its energy. Depending on your views around animism, you might even ask the bell itself how it would like to be used.

If you find it’s right for casting (be it certain types of spells, or open to all spellwork), then I hope it serves you well in your practice! :bell: :blush:

8 Likes

You are amazing @starborn ! It sounds like whatever it is, it’s harmless and from you have figured out if it, it’s probably beautiful as well. Thank you so much!

@BryWisteria thank you so much for the advice! I’m definitely going to ask if it is ok with all spells. I have cleansed and bonded with it. Then started wondering about the writing. Lol.

9 Likes

My pleasure, @Mystique! :blush: Sounds like you’ve already forged a lovely connection with your bell. Wishing you all the best with it - happy spellwork! :heart:

8 Likes

Animism, where you believe everything has a spirit? :thinking: That explains why I like 2nd hand stuff, each item has a story, a vibe, a personality. Imagine the personality behind your bell @Mystique ooh it’s fabulous, wish I could speak bell :rofl:

8 Likes

Interesting! That’s probably why I also like handmade stuff. A person putting their personal energy and intentions into it, instead of it just coming off a line. :thinking:

Now, to throw that idea out the window because the bell I just received definitely isn’t handmade. :laughing:

It has a really lovely sound, though. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The description for it made an interesting observation, too.

The two tone aspect of the bell is significant. In some belief systems, the two tones represent the duality of the universe, such as light and dark, or masculine and feminine. By incorporating this symbolism into your practice, you’ll be able to harness the balancing and harmonising magic of the bell.

– https://speakinspells.au/product/two-tone-brass-bell/

8 Likes

@starborn It looks gorgeous. Is it attached to that stick? I like it :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes