Best Breakfast Pancakes

I’m posting a day early because I have doctor’s appointments tomorrow. Depending on the snow, I may have to leave early. So here’s this week’s recipe a day early!

Best Breakfast Pancakes

Servings: 6-8 large pancakes
Total Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into a measuring cup and leveled off with the back edge of a knife
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
Vegetable oil, for cooking

Directions:

Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl and mix well.

Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl. In a different bowl, add the milk mixture to the melted butter, stirring constantly with a whisk to blend.

Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just enough to moisten the flour mixture. It should look a little lumpy. (If you overwork the mixture, the pancakes will be tough.) This is a thick batter but if it seems too thick, add a bit more milk.

Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and coat it with vegetable oil. Drop the batter from a large spoon (about 1/4 cup) and cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface bubbles and is dotted with holes. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. This happens quickly so peek after 30 seconds and watch carefully! Adjust the heat setting if necessary. Wipe the griddle totally clean with a paper towel between batches. Serve immediately.

Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The pancakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. After they are completely cooled, place a sheet of parchment or wax paper between each pancake and stack them together. Wrap the stack of pancakes tightly in aluminum foil or place inside a heavy-duty freezer bag. To reheat, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake in a 375°F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot.

7 Likes

Hooray for pancakes!!! :pancakes: The perfect Imbolc meal :yum: I love the tip about saving some for the freezer! Pancakes are a great go-to when you don’t feel like cooking and they make both a yummy meal and great dessert.

Thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst! Happy Imbolc! :green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

You’re welcome sweetie! I’m glad you liked the recipe! I hope you have a good holiday!

3 Likes

I love having pancakes from scratch. I have one recipe and I’m happy to add this one to it!

4 Likes

I hope it cooks up well! Good luck with it!

4 Likes

PANCAKES!!! Must have been in the air… I made pancakes yesterday! Thank you for the great recipe. A cook can never have too many recipes.

4 Likes

You’re welcome love! Glad you liked!

4 Likes