1 to 2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup boiling water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup canola oil
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Confectioners’ sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan using 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour.

In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 cups flour and the next 9 ingredients. In another bowl, combine water, almond milk, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the milk mixture.

Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Tips

Can you make this gluten-free chocolate cake recipe dairy-free?

This gluten-free chocolate cake is already dairy-free and vegan, too—thanks to the use of flaxseed instead of eggs, and almond milk instead of its dairy counterpart!

Can you use this gluten-free chocolate cake recipe to make gluten-free cupcakes?

Yes, you can use this recipe to make cupcakes. Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Or, try this gluten-free chocolate cupcake recipe.

How should you store gluten-free chocolate cake?

Store gluten-free chocolate cake in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. If you liked this recipe, you’ll love more of our gluten-free baking recipes. You can use your favorite store-bought gluten-free flour blend or a homemade gluten-free flour blend to make the most of them.

Nutritional Facts:

1 piece: 310 calories, 17g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

9 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! I am so making this. Thank you for sharing

7 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! I’m glad you liked it. Let us know how it turned out!

7 Likes

Oh chocolate cake is my favorite & even better from scratch! :star_struck:

6 Likes

I definitely will

6 Likes

I hope you enjoy it!

6 Likes

Saving this recipe for my birthday! Thanks so much, @Amethyst!

6 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad you like the looks of it!

5 Likes