Best method for a Book of Shadows

I have a tendency to be scatter-brained so I have several little notebooks/journals. I’ve started using my pink 6 ring binder for my BoS, the book with the Bible verse (that was my Catholic turned Southern Baptist mom’s) I began this last week as an emotion journal, the spiral book is random things I’ve learned and the two little books I was using when I first started and have transcribed what I wrote in them to my pink book. Eventually I will get my thoughts all in one place but my ADD/Fibro brain hasn’t accepted that concept yet :sweat_smile:
:revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

@Peaches i get you there lol. But I will say being organized goes a long way in making your day smoother and taking some of the stress off your brain. Makes it one less thing to worry about lol. It also helps the fibro funk that makes everything foggy.

8 Likes

So yeah, that fibro brain thing, totally forgot to upload the picture in my post :woman_facepalming:

15 Likes

Lol I love it all

10 Likes

Well since all the cool kids are posting pics…

Volume 1

16 Likes

Updated BoS :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

You were cool to begin with :grin:

10 Likes

You just made me smile! Thank you!

9 Likes

You’re welcome! :blush:

9 Likes

@anon87969570 love your book. Looks great

10 Likes

Oh wow Garnet, sounds like you’ve had quite the journey creating yours. I think an Egyptian theme would be so cool, always been fascinated with pharaohs and the symbols during that age.

10 Likes

@anon87969570 I love your book! One day I’ll break down and buy a gorgeous leather covered book but for now my binders work great.

I do have this one which is a small binder type but it’s just my spell journal

13 Likes

@bryce hi did you see the post about the tarot cards? I have some extra brand new decks if you want one? The happen to be Egyptian themed cards lol

11 Likes

Your book is absolutely gorgeous Phoenix, I’ve heard that other witches have several different books as it’s easier to know witch book holds what. I may eventually have to do that, just trying to get all my information in one spot first lol.

10 Likes

That’s a great idea, it seems like when you’re learning everything at a fast rate you have to have multiple books. I’ll probably end up having more than one. I’ve been putting things in my book that I think would be useful, there’s so much information out, and I’m trying to find what would be beneficial to me and my practice. Editing the book when you have plastic sleeves makes it so easy, if it doesn’t serve a purpose you can take it out.

8 Likes

Shadow work would definitely go into my book of mirrors, as I want general and handy information in my book of shadows. I think remembering to write things down is the most challenging thing for me too, you think you’ll remember and bam you forgot it lol.

I’ll have to do more research on a book of mirrors, I’m keeping myself preoccupied with my book of shadows at the moment.

9 Likes

I can relate to the scatter brained concept lol, I’m trying at the moment to keep everything in one location.

8 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love leather books. They feel all arcane and witchy to me.

9 Likes

Those are beautiful Peaches, I think you and I have the same tree of life book. I have it as just an everyday journal, I picked it up from a local metaphysical store.

9 Likes

I’m with you. In the end, it’s all about what works for you. Eventually, I probably will have more than one, but for now, one book works for me.

7 Likes