Blue Moon šŸ”µ

What a beautiful chant, as always, @Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@marta ā€“ The blue moon means different things to different people, and there are a few different definitions out there :laughing: a blue moon can be seen as a time to do long-term spells, spells that require a bit more care, or spells that require a bit more energy. I have a video on YouTube if you wanna watch it ā†’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSj9LK7xDSo :full_moon:

And it doesnā€™t matter if you can see the moon or not. Sheā€™s there, thatā€™s what counts!

@star ā†’ Ghost Day sounds like a very interesting cultural holiday. Thank you for sharing it with us!

9 Likes

I plan to do moon water as per usual but also maybe some more special things to mark the night.

9 Likes

Thank you, my dear! Iā€™m glad you liked it. Feel free to use it if you like.

Thanks, Jan! I actually plan on offering the Moon some white chocolate too! Instead of just incense. White chocolate seemed fitting, you know? Since I couldnā€™t find blue. LOL!

I canā€™t see the moon at all from my apartment and itā€™s dangerous to go out late at night where I am. But as long as you put it out, the Moon is there, and itā€™ll still charge your crystals and things even if cloudy!

That sounds fascinating! Thank you for telling us about it.

Thank you, love!

10 Likes

Thanks! Learning every day here :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi everyone! I have been looking forward to the blue moon and trying to prepare and learn more about spell casting as I was going to do a money spell at least. But now Iā€™m confused and donā€™t know if should do it or not. Iā€™m part of a witchy page on FB and just read a thread where the majority is saying to not do anything because Mercury in retrograde will counteract any spell put forth and possibly cause chaos instead. So Iā€™m asking if that is really something I should be concerned about? I donā€™t want to make matters worse and if I should wait to do the spell for a better day, then I will. Thank you in advance!! Many blessings!!:heart:

8 Likes

@Blue-Phoenix Thereā€™s also some more information and discussion on it here, What is Mercury Retrograde? :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

@marta ā€“ Youā€™re welcome!

@Blue-Phoenix ā€“ Thereā€™s really no reason not to cast spells or anything during Mercury Retrograde. I mean, if you think about it from a traditional witch perspective, our ancestors that worked with the energies of the world wouldnā€™t have cared if a planet was in retrograde. If Work needed to be done, it got done, ya know? I would say that if you put a lot of belief behind astrology, then maybe be more cautious during the retrograde. However, again, thereā€™s no need to completely avoid spellwork altogether.

8 Likes

Thank you so much!! Iā€™ve literally felt heartbroken since I read that. Onward and upward I say!! Many blessings!!
Special prayers of safety for everyone in the path of the storm!!:pray:t2:

8 Likes

Thank you you are too kind :blush: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

How can I do this Blue Mood Magick Spell for my BF with the addition problem and he is in jail?

8 Likes

Fortunately, you know the person well. So you can focus on them mentally while doing it. A photo can help as does carving their name in the candle or simply writing it down, but isnā€™t necessary. Just make sure you focus all your thoughts, healing energy, and care towards them.

The same can generally be said about most spells that can help others. I hope that helps and all the best to your BF. :smile:

9 Likes

Every evening when I meditate I send him centered, grounded, healing, protective energy. I send him a protective bubble to surround him to stop negativity from getting to him. I have gotten really positive answers from the card to. In meditation I saw myself and his parents joining hands in a circle with the BF in the middle. Perhaps it was a rebirth? Obviously I am bias. I want to give him as much support I can spiritually. Suggestion are always welcome.

8 Likes

The moon was beautiful this morning the biggest itā€™s been all year this is the worst picture just wanted you to have an Idea how humongous it was. It was dark when I took the picture my phone just lightened it up allot need to fix that I hope everyoneā€™s gets to see it tonight :large_blue_circle:

8 Likes

Mercury goes retrograde so much, weā€™d never get any spells cast! LOL! Or at least it feels like it. Itā€™s all good, do your spell. Itā€™s the intention that matters!

Youā€™re welcome, love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That picture is gorgeous @crystal59! It kind of looks mysterious! Very nice!

7 Likes

Just wanted to add in my support too- I think you can absolutely cast spells during Mercury retrograde! :+1:

Mercury is a planet associated with communication, the mind, and the air element- when in retrograde, Mercury has a reputation for messing with technology and interpersonal communication. If astrology is important to you and something you actively consider in spellwork (not everyone does, and thatā€™s okay! The things you do focus on in magick are significantly more powerful than the things you donā€™t focus on or exist outside of your awareness, if you ask me) then you might hold off on spells for speaking or communication.

I donā€™t think Mercury would have much of an effect at all on other forms of spellwork- such as protective spells, banishing work, hex breakers, potion brewing, etc. Feel free to cast your Blue Moon spells without worries! :grinning:

I completely agree with starborn- physical distance is nothing in the face of your bond with your boyfriend. It is absolutely possible to cast for someone who is physically far away!

So beautiful! I like that you were able to capture the light flare- it looks like long arms of light reaching out like a hug. She is gorgeous :full_moon_with_face: :hugs: Thanks for sharing, Crystal!

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing that! Many blessings!!

6 Likes

Thank you! Many blessings!!

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! I will do just that! Many blessings to all!!

6 Likes

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas for the blue moon! Iā€™m really inspired by the ritual shared by @ Amaris_Bane and look forward to clearing some energy today. :blue_heart:

7 Likes

Youā€™re so welcome! If astrology plays a role in your practice, then absolutely you can take Mercury Retrograde into account. If it doesnā€™t, then thereā€™s no need to factor it in. Itā€™s personal belief and perspective, at this point.

Thankfully, @starborn gave you an answer while I was away! :blush: Theyā€™re right - having a taglock to connect your boyfriend to the spell is all you need. A taglock can be a photo, his name and birthday, a piece of him (like hair or something), or something that belongs to him.

It could be! It could also be a symbol of your protective energy, as well as his parents, encircling and protecting him. You could be seeing this energy in your meditations because you are part of that circle!

What a beautiful photo, @crystal59 ā€“ thank you for sharing! I didnā€™t get to see the moon because of the storm :joy: so this brings a smile to my face!

9 Likes