Blue Moon šŸ”µ

Just wanted to add in my support too- I think you can absolutely cast spells during Mercury retrograde! :+1:

Mercury is a planet associated with communication, the mind, and the air element- when in retrograde, Mercury has a reputation for messing with technology and interpersonal communication. If astrology is important to you and something you actively consider in spellwork (not everyone does, and thatā€™s okay! The things you do focus on in magick are significantly more powerful than the things you donā€™t focus on or exist outside of your awareness, if you ask me) then you might hold off on spells for speaking or communication.

I donā€™t think Mercury would have much of an effect at all on other forms of spellwork- such as protective spells, banishing work, hex breakers, potion brewing, etc. Feel free to cast your Blue Moon spells without worries! :grinning:

I completely agree with starborn- physical distance is nothing in the face of your bond with your boyfriend. It is absolutely possible to cast for someone who is physically far away!

So beautiful! I like that you were able to capture the light flare- it looks like long arms of light reaching out like a hug. She is gorgeous :full_moon_with_face: :hugs: Thanks for sharing, Crystal!

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing that! Many blessings!!

6 Likes

Thank you! Many blessings!!

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! I will do just that! Many blessings to all!!

6 Likes

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas for the blue moon! Iā€™m really inspired by the ritual shared by @ Amaris_Bane and look forward to clearing some energy today. :blue_heart:

7 Likes

Youā€™re so welcome! If astrology plays a role in your practice, then absolutely you can take Mercury Retrograde into account. If it doesnā€™t, then thereā€™s no need to factor it in. Itā€™s personal belief and perspective, at this point.

Thankfully, @starborn gave you an answer while I was away! :blush: Theyā€™re right - having a taglock to connect your boyfriend to the spell is all you need. A taglock can be a photo, his name and birthday, a piece of him (like hair or something), or something that belongs to him.

It could be! It could also be a symbol of your protective energy, as well as his parents, encircling and protecting him. You could be seeing this energy in your meditations because you are part of that circle!

What a beautiful photo, @crystal59 ā€“ thank you for sharing! I didnā€™t get to see the moon because of the storm :joy: so this brings a smile to my face!

9 Likes

This is the best I could do this morning (about 04:40).

There was a storm and rain all last night, and the humidity is still 100%. So everything in the sky gets captured as a blur.

The clouds almost look like theyā€™re just smudges on my phoneā€™s camera lens, too. Haha

The moment of the full moon isnā€™t until about 11:30 here and by then, the sun will probably make it really difficult to see or get a photo of. But Iā€™ll have another go around then, if Iā€™m not stuck in work meetings. :smile:

13 Likes

How has everyoneā€™s Blue Moon gone/going (depending on where you are in the world).
I decided to (last minute change my mind :joy::person_facepalming:) and spend mine in deep prayer/meditation with Loki and I included Odin All Father too.
It was very simple.
Me, 1 candle, my image of Loki, the Odin rune on my wrist, and my prayer beads. Thatā€™s it.
I thought as Lokiā€™s been absolutely fabulous ( and patient!) with me, I wanted to first thank him, then reflect on the journey weā€™ve undertaken so far this year.
With Odin All Father, I wanted to thank him for the runes.
It was a simple, but emotionally charged time together.
I hope you all had a beautiful time with this special moon. Love you :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Is the blue moon today or tomorrow? I printed off pages and it says tomorrow. I have a ritual ready hope i didnt miss it

7 Likes

My calendar said today, and the radio said today/tonight, Iā€™m in England :sparkling_heart: (itā€™s 11:15 pm here)

6 Likes

Happy Blue Moon Everyone :large_blue_circle:

8 Likes

I have done absolutetly nothing - hurricane prep Monday & Tuesday sapped all my energy, catching up on work stuff today has taken up my time, and Iā€™m not sure what tomorrow will look like :sweat_smile: I might miss this one, or just do some simple divination tomorrow morning.

Itā€™s going to really depend on where you live. For me, the moon is 98% illumination tonight, 99% illumination tomorrow, and still 97% on Friday ā€“ I would do a Full Moon working any time during those days.

You can find the times in your area on this website ā†’ Sunrise and Sunset in the United States

8 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That sounds beautiful!

6 Likes

Unfortunately, the skies over my city are cloudy tonight. :cloud:
The making of moon water is postponed for tomorrow night, hopefully :confused:.

I might follow your exemple and just have a conversation with my Diety and meditate in peace :dove:

8 Likes

Juat looked it up and says 100% tonight in my area!!! But i dont have blue flowers for my ritualā€¦ i forgot to get some.

7 Likes

the best I can get with the clouds :purple_heart:

:goat:

12 Likes

Thatā€™s okay - you can always do your ritual tomorrow! Many witches follow a guideline of 3 days before and 3 days after 100% illumination still count as the Full Moon :full_moon: no harm in doing your ritual tomorrow!

9 Likes

Very lovely

7 Likes

I figured i could substitute things. But instead of flowers i used two unlite blue candles to surround my moon bowl. Then i thought of what dreams i had. Ive only done about 2 spells including a spell jar, and tonight was my first ritual. It just felt right! I didnt know about the candles, but something inside of me made me grab them without thinking. Im gratful for this community for the knowledge and guidance!
and the printoffs we can get. That is what i used tonight. And the moon looked very beautiful also!

14 Likes

Well, earlier I wanted to soak up some moon rays (even though itā€™s a bit cloudy here) so I went to a plaza near me earlier this evening, sat outside and had some ice cream :slight_smile: Itā€™s a lovely evening here, so cool and not humid at all and lots of people were outside there.

I am making Blue Moon Water :slight_smile: and charging my crystals now. So.many.crystals. I am so bad about charging my crystals so I thought Iā€™d better take advantage of the amplified energy and do it tonight.

I did the Spells8 Blue Moon ritual with a twist, I added some jasmine essential oil and some of the blue delphinium blossoms to the bowl of water.

But I did the spell kind of quickly because it was spooky being outside by myself at this hour, even though I did a circle of protection :slight_smile: I live on the ground floor in an apartment complex and I could always duck inside quickly but from the patio but I heard one noise and got scared, LOL!

Now I am in the safety of my living room and there is a blue candle glowing on my blue moon altar (behind locked doors) and I plan to do a Blue Moon Tarot reading (Pinterest) with my delightfully jasmine-scented hands! Iā€™ll be curious if I have any interesting dreams tonight.

9 Likes