Book of Shadows Parts

Good afternoon to everyone. I have been doing a lot of shadow work and once again I want to reorganize my very eclectic Book of Shadow. I have the journals that I write in separate from the actual BOS. I was wondering if anyone else had their BOS separated into parts. Currently, I have a 2 1/2 inch binder with everything and I mean everything in it. It’s just getting hard to keep adding to it because I find myself running out of the room for everything I keep in it. I do have a smaller binder that I think I am going to separate out one or two parts of my BOS into. Has anyone else used separate books, binders, journals for different parts of their BOS? I think I can get a couple of more binders and just have a different one for each part that I use. There are parts that I haven’t added to because I am mainly only in and out of a few parts that keep growing.

6 Likes

This topic reminds me of Roxanne’s Time for a new Grimoire

For me, since I started using binders I became a lot more organized. I like that I can browse through and throw away pages that I know I won’t need. That helps make space…

What I’m doing now is separating into two binders: One for all the practical stuff (potions, spells, prayers) and another one for the theory (information about plants, crystals, tarot, etc).

And of course, having everything divided into sections helps a lot!

7 Likes

Krissie117,
Hey my name is Jeannie, I recently came to the craft and ever since I came to our coven I already accumulated a small binder. I can see that it’s not gonna be enough. So I will incorporate another binder. I like the way Roxanne did hers she was able to fit lots of paper and her BOS! What I have decided to do is go rather large I bought a 2 inch binder and I am going to cover it with leather from a leather jacket my husband does not need anymore. Then I am going to stitch a pentagram. I am going to personalize my BOS and make it my own! I feel like if it gets too big then it’s gonna be hard to handle and things will get ruined. To each there own, I hope that helps
Jeannie
Blessed be

6 Likes

i found a 6 inch 3 ring binder at staples. i currently use it for my craft patterns but with as much stuff as i’m learning here i will be buying one for my BOS here soon. Here is the link.

https://www.staples.com/Cardinal-XtraLife-ClearVue-6-Inch-3-Ring-View-Binder-26361/product_329284?

5 Likes

I am so very glad you suggested two binders. At the rate that my Book of Shadows is growing I need to do something. This one is getting hard to lift and awkward to use. I ordered a book stand ages ago but it hasn’t arrived yet.

6 Likes

Oh that’s a creative idea! :bulb: I really like that!

5 Likes

@Francisco that was my idea exactly about how to separate it! I just need to get another binder now. Right now I have one for daily things that I do and then the other one I cleaned out last night and I’m just waiting for the second one to separate it out.

I love the divider pages that is so helpful & I added plastic dividers to go with each topic

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 that sounds perfect too! I’m not good with leather crafts but I wanted a leather BOS, the binders don’t come that way though. I have found binder covers on Etsy that I have my big binder in and the smaller one I used my Cricut to add some personalization to it.

5 Likes

That looks about the size of my main BOS that I am working with now. I went through it last night and separated out some of the things in there. I’ll get another binder and see how I do. I was just wondering if others had the same idea too and if it was practical. Seems everyone has a couple of them going or will soon!

5 Likes

Oh, this is awesome too. Then I would just have the one. I would probably have to get a book stand as @berta suggested for this. I will take a look at them though. This may be an option as time goes on and after I see what else I am putting in it. I already started printing on both sides of the paper to save some space.

4 Likes

I have Decided to go with the 6 inch binder for myself.
Jeannie

5 Likes

Several of my BOS are in 3 ring binders, I have sections for everything.

4 Likes

I have 3 binders & sectioned it out for things that I make or do, theory or about it, & altar or things I work on each day. I’m much happier with it now!

3 Likes