Book of Shadows - starting again?

I’ve just moved to Spain and we moved our personal items ourselves. Most came with us, but there were a few boxes we couldn’t fit in the van of heavier stuff like books we’ve had to put into store temporarily until we can collect them next year.

I’ve realised that whilst I’ve got most of my witchy stuff including my witchy books, my book of shadows (several volumes) and notebooks must have gone into one of the other boxes of books as I can’t find them.

This leaves me with a dilemma, do I wait for my book of shadows to come over or should I start again from scratch? I’m not sure what to do and would appreciate some guidance.

12 Likes

You could always start a new chapter with local things. Spain must have different plants and customs. Then just add it to the others when you find them.

11 Likes

Congrats on the big move to Spain, @IrisW! :tada: Hope you’ve been settling in and enjoying the new place- moving is always so exciting!

I’m seconding Amethyst- if the first Book was lost forever, then it’d be time to start a new one from the ground up. But if it’s just delayed and you’ll get it back eventually, then I think that energy might be better directed to building new content. I love Amethyst’s idea of exploring your new local plants and possibilities- there’s probably a lot there to discover! :herb: :blush:

Until you get your Book back, I’d recommend a temporary Book storage place- either on your computer or in a folder/file. You can still collect interesting spells, recipes, and other notes. Then when you get your original Book, it’ll be easy to add all of the new content in :open_book:

Good luck and blessed be!

11 Likes

A lot of people have expressed some wonderful ideas around the site of how to create a book or box or program of shadows which works beautifully for them and what to do with it/them when we no longer need them. If you are comfortable sharing your ideas, I’d love to see what you come up with. Many of us have several books, so you are not limited to just one. The idea is to make it special to you.

8 Likes

Thanks everyone.

My current BoS takes the form of several ring binders with printed/written pages that can easily be moved about. I love idea of a temporary collection that can be combined with the other volumes in due course. Don’t know why I didn’t think of this! Better see if I can find a matching ring binder on Amazon.es!

I may print off some of my go to pages for the temporary version (I need to bless my altar again now its set up) and I have everything saved online so this should be fairly easy.

Thanks again everyone. Sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees!

7 Likes

@IrisW so lovely to hear from you again & congratulations :confetti_ball: on your move to Spain :es: :heart:

I think that’s a great idea for temporary & then being able to add to the others or continue from there. Printing off the go-to pages will be wonderful so you can make sure things are the way that you’d like them. I hope it’s not too long before your other things are able to join you as well! :sparkles:

6 Likes

I hope you can find the perfect binder! :blush: Good luck and happy Book work! :open_book: :sparkles:

6 Likes

I managed to find a matching binder and refill so I’m going to start work this weekend on my essential pages and reblessing my altar.

Really looking forward to learning more about the local plants and their uses.

7 Likes

Good luck my friend! I hope you have fun!

7 Likes

I’m here to give another vote to @Amethyst’s idea about starting a Spain-specific Book of Shadows (or just pages!) to add to your bigger Book of Shadows later :books: Then you’ll have an even bigger collection!

Also - congratulations on your move!!

7 Likes

I think this is a great idea! You could just have an addendum and put it all together when you get it!

7 Likes