Bos and discoveries

I decided to start a Book of Shadows that I felt would start with basic concepts and working my way through what I’ve learned about Witchcraft. As a teacher I had to organize knowledge in a way that would make sense to my students.
Do you know what I discovered? Energy is THE CORE OF WITCHCRAFT. After 1/4th of my book was filled, here are my topics: Symbols and how humans use them as powerful constructs. Energy in the year, energy in the week, day, hour, and moon. The energies in the Elementals. The 7 Hermetic Principles were of special interest. Did you know teachers are taught children manifest their own realities? We are aware of how to guide kids in this. Then I moved onto Energy work, meditation, grounding, casting a circle, etc.
I discovered (I’m sure others knew this. I’m new so it is a revelation to me.) understanding the nature of energy is necessary to understand how to effect change.
I can forsee the power in this, but I also noticed it is a lifetime exploration. This understanding requires ethics. This is not a game or just a lifestyle. You are responsible for what you create in the world.
I decided to do this BOS, and started a Mirror journal at the same time. In the Mirror journal, I reflected on what I was learning about myself and my craft. How powerful.
My stance for myself is to do no spell if results can be achieved by mundane means. I think I need lots of personal growth in order to wield power for the good of all.
My goals: grow, meditate, learn, observe, write, appreciate, connect with the natural world.
I do know you guys are doing this. I’ve always been a spiritual person, but it is less than a year since I’ve called myself a witch.
So, yah, I’m amazed at what I’m learning. Thank you all for being here.

11 Likes

Sounds like you had a remarkable breakthrough @wendy4! The book I’m reading for the Book Club is all about raising and sending energy for spells that work. I’ve not got as far as I’d like, between the holiday and my kindle on my pc breaking down, but I hope to finish it this week. But yeah, everything is energy. Candles, oils, herbs, crystals, are all signposts of where you want that energy to go. It’s very interesting.

4 Likes

That’s very true… energy is the core of witchcraft. Energy is always there, you just know how to use it and move it. I’m learning more on energy in school. I’m learning to become a certified crystal healer. I’ve learned so much already! I like the sounds of how your BOS is turning out! :blush::heartbeat:

6 Likes

What a great journey… so true! BOS are a labor of love and the idea of journaling a Book of Mirrors ( thank you Francisco!) is not new to me but I never thought I would have the clarity of mind to start one. You inspire me. I come from a LONG line of teachers and so you are speaking my language. Thank you so much for sharing.
So when are you going to publish your book! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s amazing! I’m happy you have made such profound discoveries on your path! It sounds like you are moving along just fine on your path!

I do have to go through my BOS and organize it in a way that I can understand it. I change sections every now & again. I’m also going to get a notebook to keep as a place for discovery and notes and such before things make it into the BOS, so I can organize my thoughts and feelings before it makes it into my BOS.

Thank you for the inspiration!

5 Likes

Your BOS and Mirror Journal sound amazing, @wendy4- congrats on your new revelations and exciting knowledge! :open_book: It sounds like you were able to organize it in a great way. And I love your goals- very good ones to have! :blush: Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm, I hope you continue to enjoy the journaling process! Blessed be :heart:

5 Likes

I think that’s a great approach and I tend to follow that.

But I also like the attitude of turning mundane things into spells, just to make things more Magickal! E.g. to find a lost item quicker, or blessing the tea in the morning…!

6 Likes

Those types of spells are harmless. I agree.

4 Likes

I am continuing to work on a mindmap of what I am finding. One stopping point for me was where attraction to the craft came in. My hypothesis is that some individuals are more sensitive to energy than others. People who are sensitive and are looking for an explanation may find witchcraft. This is a critical point that I do not have enough information to be sure of. Why are all of you attracted to witchcraft?
Remember if Energy in the Universe is the underlying concept in creation and what witchcraft deals with. I have to account for all connections with energy.
From my point of view, reality itself is about energy. I need input.

4 Likes

I think people become really attracted to Witchcraft when they begin experiencing is the energies around them. Once you start noticing those undescribable energies that seem to govern both the seen and unseen worlds, I think that’s the first step towards truly grasping what Magic is.

5 Likes