Bubbles aren't Food

My little force of nature love love loves bubbles. We have little bottles everywhere in case he needs a bubble attack
Little one pulled out his bubble machine and Daddy forgot to get more bubble solution
I used to make a really cool outside one but I don’t want corn syrup on the living room floor. An inside friendly recipe is surprisingly hard to find. I knew it existed because I made it before

I finally found it on Utopia.org
Here it is in case you you need it too. I won’t lie, I like playing in the bubbles too and one of the cats does too :smile_cat:

Bubble Recipe Using Vegetable Oil

Ingredients for this bubble solution recipe:
1 cup lukewarm water
4 tbsp. dish soap
2-4 drops plant oil

Instructions:
Pour the water into a large pot.
Add the dish soap while stirring until dissolved.
Let the mixture sit for about five minutes.
Add a few drops of vegetable oil, and you’re done!

14 Likes

Ohh don’t mind me just tucking this recipe away for later :sweat_smile: I would imagine the oil might make the floor slippery later, but that’s nothing a good mop can’t handle!

6 Likes

That’s the best part, it’s not slippery. There’s so little oil that it doesn’t make it slippery. It’s pretty much like when I use a little more soap the dishwater and let little ones play with the fluffier bubbles on the floor next to me.
Sink bubbles lasts a whole sink of dishes, sometimes two at the right age. :laughing: and a couple of of mine liked it until 2 or 3
Anyone who even knows a little one should tuck this one way

7 Likes

That’s adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :bubbles:

6 Likes

We go through a lot of bubble solution in the summer! And we love a bubble machine! I can’t wait to try this recipe out! The best bubbles we have ever found are from gymboree, but they are expensive and hard to find!

7 Likes

Sweet, thanks for sharing @Nixi my daughter loves bubbles and we always make some with just dish soap but it is not as fun. I let the lil one know about it already and she is trying to make bubbles now, LOL.

7 Likes

There are some really good ones with corn syrup, we had one sitting in the yard for a good five minutes, but inside bubbles are must in our house.
@Heav3n I read that a tiny bit of vinegar makes then last longer too but I haven’t tried it

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ll have to give it a shot with my kiddo and her friends :blush: She’s 10 but still loves her bubbles :bubbles: :heart:

6 Likes

I will have to try it and see how it goes.

5 Likes

Bubbles are fun no matter what age you are. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Can’t argue with that

5 Likes

Reminds me of being a kid and entranced with the myriad colors that reflected off the bubbles! This is wonderfully nostalgic and whimsical.
Thank you so much for sharing this!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.