1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons nonfat milk powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups butterscotch chips

Directions:

Step 1

In the bowl of a mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until lightened and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high for 3 minutes. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and mix on low until just combined. Add butterscotch chips and stir to combine. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Step 2

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop balls of dough that are 1 3/4-inches in diameter and roll in hands until smooth. Place each dough ball on a baking sheet 2 1/2 inches away from the others. Bake until edges have set, the bottom is lightly browned, and the top of the cookie is still soft, 15 to 17 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

3 Likes

I was just saying to my daughter that we need to start thinking about what we want to make for goodies in November & December. Especially for Thanksgiving & their Christmas dinner (I guess my Yule dinner with them? I actually hadn’t thought about it before) Anyway! I have always like butterscotch, but it’s not as common a flavor around here. Thank you so much! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m already buying what I can for Thanksgiving dinner since supply may not be what it usually is. I’ve got a pumpkin pie in the freezer now!

Anyhoo, glad you liked this recipe!

3 Likes

Ohhhh these sound delicious- my mouth is watering at the thought! :drooling_face: :two_hearts: We had a bar of “caramel chocolate” the other day and it made me realize I haven’t had caramel in forever. Toffee, caramel, and butterscotch all taste the same to me (and maybe they are kind of the same thing?) so I thinkg these cookies would hit the spot perfectly! :cookie:

Thanks for the recipe, @Amethyst! :sparkles:

3 Likes

I think they’re close, but not quite the same. Now I want some caramel chocolates too! LOL, I’m glad you like the recipe!

3 Likes

Hahaha that makes two of us! :yum::cookie: :two_hearts:

Thanks again! :sparkles:

3 Likes