½ cup butter softened
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter, melted
⅓ cup white sugar
¼ cup chopped pecans, or to taste

Directions:

Step 1

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Step 2

In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the cake mix and 3 cups of the flour; stir to combine. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.

Step 3

Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.

Step 4

Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 10x16 inch rectangle. spread the softened butter over the rectangle; sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon. Starting from one of the long sides, roll up the rectangle and cut into 1-inch wide rolls.

Step 5

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Step 6

Pour the melted butter into a small bowl. Mix the white sugar and pecans in another small bowl. Dip the top of each roll in the melted butter, then in the sugar and pecan mixture, then place the topped rolls snugly into the prepared pan. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.

Step 7

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden.

Per Serving: 399 calories; protein 5.8g; carbohydrates 63.6g; fat 13.7g; cholesterol 22.9mg; sodium 277.8mg

4 Likes

Ohhhh cinnamon-y goodness! :yum: Cinnamon rolls were my favorite treat as a child. We would get the pre-prepped tube at the store, pop them into the toaster, and ta-dah! Delicious gooey goodness in minutes. But after I started making my own, I realized the homemade versions are even better than the store ones! :star_struck: It’s awesome to adjust the recipe to suit your personal tastes :two_hearts: And you can add a little Kitchen Witchery as you prep :grin::bowl_with_spoon:

This is a classic- thanks for sharing, @Amethyst!

3 Likes

You’re welcome @BryWisteria! I like the tube rolls too and can make those since I don’t have to stand too long. I just don’t think they put enough frosting in there. I may buy myself an extra can of frosting and make some on Christmas Day and add more. Sounds good to me! LOL.

3 Likes

Oh this looks really good & we love cinnamon rolls! Another one to print for the family cookbook! Thank you!

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m trying to decide if I should post any more recipes this week or back off since it’s the holidays. What do you think?

4 Likes

Maybe 1 or 2 more & then next Monday start again? I’m not sure, I like them.

4 Likes

I’ve got two more really good cookie recipes that I’ll post and then I think I’ll stick to Mondays. But it’s been fun spamming everyone during the holidays!

4 Likes

It’s like you can read my mind, @Amethyst :rofl: There’s never enough frosting- it’s the best part! :yum:

And I’m seconding @Susurrus- I also love the recipes, especially because you do such a great job of tying them to the holidays/current events, Kasie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I am seriously considering buying the extra icing and doing this! It’ll be yummy!

4 Likes

We always add extra of the best ingredients! My daughter calls it adding a little extra love :heart:

4 Likes

Adding a bucket load of sugar! LOL. But it’s the holiday so I’m not gonna regret it until after New Year’s. My sugar is going to be high anyhow. Sigh. Then after the holiday I can cut back on sugar.

4 Likes

I went to buy confectioners sugar, there was none… not even off label. They had raw cane sugar though! Not even granulated sugar. So I have to go hunting tomorrow for it. I hate going to the stores on Christmas Eve for anything. I couldn’t believe they were out of either.

4 Likes

I’d say call them and ask but I doubt if you’d get through the day before Christmas. I just bought a jar of cream cheese icing that was already made to add to mine. Good luck tomorrow!

4 Likes

thank you, it may just be a weekend project or definitely while she is on winter break.

4 Likes

Be careful while you’re out today love! It was crazy yesterday.

4 Likes

This is the recipe my family uses to make cinnamon rolls every Christmas!
I had a friend ask what we were having for Christmas - ham or turkey. I said “rolls” because I make this recipe and then my husband has a pineapple cream cheese roll tradition so we have a lot of rolls to eat around Christmas.

4 Likes

Oh, pineapple cream cheese rolls. That sounds good!

3 Likes

Should I try to post it even if I don’t have the nutrition information?

4 Likes

Hi @crystal5! You can post the recipe without the nutrition information! Absolutely! If its from a cookbook or other source, just make sure that you cite where it’s from :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Sure! I don’t always post nutrition, just when I have it available. They sound yummy!

3 Likes