Calendula Iced Tea

I saw the post about Calendula and found this recipe using the flower to make a drink. It’s been a while since I shared one of these recipes, so I feel like this is a good time to do so.

Calendula Iced Tea

“Herbalists have been recommending calendula elixirs, salves, and teas for as long as history tells us. This beautiful yellow bloom is antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal. When infused in hot water, calendula’s flavor is distinct, but not overpowering. It’s the perfect blossom for infusing some plant medicine and magick into our beverages.”

Ingredients

1/2 cup of dried calendula flowers
2 cups of water
Optional Garnish with one sprig of mint or lemon peel

Directions

Bring your kettle to a boil and remove from heat. Add calendula flowers into a large heat-proof glass jar and pour hot water over the top. Let steep for several hours. Strain out the flowers with a mesh strainer or cheesecloth. If you prefer sweetness in your teas, add a couple of teaspoons of honey, along with a few ice cubes. Secure the lid and shake for several seconds or until the tea becomes cold and frothy. Garnish with fresh mint or lemon peel.

This recipe is from a small recipe book that I got in my Tamed Wild witchy box. I no longer get it due to the cost, but I hope to resume getting them. I really liked their rituals & recipes. I have made the Elderberry Syrup & I love their Harvest Tea. I found out that I can purchase the teas and such that send separately through their website: Tamed Wild

9 Likes

That sounds like a wonderful brew! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Oh, you’re welcome. It dawned on me that I have been kind of slacking in the forum a little bit. I’ve been in my own little world since the Covid quarantine we had to do. Then the weekend after our water heater went. So it’s kind of been a whirlwind of a week.

I hope you like it if you try it!

4 Likes

Good luck to getting your water heater fixed! And you haven’t been slacking so much as real lifeing. LOL. Sometimes that has to come first!

I don’t even know where to get calendula flowers, other than Amazon.

3 Likes

That’s exactly where I was going to go, I’m going to the nursery by me to find out about the snowdrop flowers though. I just got more rose petals & rose essential oil from Amazon too.

3 Likes

I wonder how many witches turn to Amazon? LOL.

4 Likes

I try to go to Etsy and compare prices and shipping speeds. Amazon prime wins a lot though unless it’s something that I’m drawn to. Or I have a couple of websites that I will check, depending on what it is that I need.

3 Likes

Severly Guilty!!! LOL

3 Likes

This is so lovely, @Susurrus! Calendula has been on my mind lately since @Silverbear’s video about it- it really is such a great flower. And so bright and cheery for this time of year! :sun_with_face: :two_hearts:

I can’t say I’ve ever tried it in an Iced Tea before- but it sounds delicious (and full of benefits too!). Thank you so much for sharing the recipe, Krissie! :blush::heart:

3 Likes

I am :see_no_evil: guilty as charged :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I wonder if we could make the people at Amazon nervous by everyone ordering the same spell items at the same time? LOL.

5 Likes

I hope if someone tries it they will let us know how it is.

@Amethyst I was thinking of something along those lines too. Because I just ordered rose petals & rose essential oil plus other things throughout the week. So they probably are wondering what I am up to over here. :rofl:

@BryWisteria that is what inspired me to post this particular recipe.

3 Likes

I want a cat litter scooper that’s long and I need some black candles. I should order them at the same time just to freak them out. LOL.

3 Likes

@Amethyst that would be perfect

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’d sure like to see their faces!

3 Likes

YUM! I just love the energy of Calendula. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
definitely trying this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

You are very welcome! I thought you may be interested when I saw your post this morning.

3 Likes