Calling on my Ancestors

At my altar tonight and working ancestral magick. These 3 striking women are my great grandmothers (2 of them) and a great great grandmother. I’m in awe when I look at their pictures and gain strength from them. All 3 look so strong and confident to me. Perhaps they too were witches…?

8 Likes

I have a small photo album of my mom & grandmother’s family including my great grandparents & great aunt. I love the album & it always makes me feel good to look at the pictures.

My great grandmother - father’s side

My father, grandfather, & grandmother

My great grandfather - father’s side

I have more pictures that go further back, but those are a few of my favorites. They always give me such good feeling to have them.

8 Likes

Such good pics!

6 Likes

I’m a quasi genealogy & I guess some kind of history nerd :nerd_face: old photos fascinate me. I love the ones you posted :heart_eyes: Anything to do with the way of life before the 1980s, intrigues me & the farther back you go, the more I want to know.

I also have a “family” Bible from the last half of the 1800s, through my mothers line of the family. There are some old pictures from when they were on like a stiff, paper, almost cardboard/board. They don’t have names on them, but I know they are related to me :joy:

I know that I have A LOT of Celtic :triquetra: history throughout the UK & Germanic Europe through both of my parents. My fathers line diectly through Ireland, the Munster region & Northern Ireland, plus small amounts of Scotland. Also Italy, Sicily, Greece… that area from my father’s side exclusively also.

So its not a far stretch that I have some witches in my family history too. I had never really thought about it, my family didn’t really follow structured religion after my brother & I went through Confirmation with the Catholic Church. Plus, it was just my immediate (father, brother, mom) family & my grandmother (father’s mom) in our lives. Then I had started my own little family & life changed as my brother & I left the nest to have our own.

7 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch
You’re right, they are amazing.
@Susurrus
No wonder you’re so beautiful, you come from pretty people.
Love you both like hot chocolate! With marshmallow’s!

7 Likes

Those are some impressive pictures- and gosh, look at those amazing outfits! :heart_eyes: There are definitely fun and freeing things about modern fashion, but I can’t help but wish it was still acceptable to walk around with a feathered hat outside of the renaissance faire. They’re just so cool and impressive! :tophat: :sparkles:

Beautiful pictures @Satu_TheGreenWitch (and @Susurrus too!)- they are really awesome to see! :heart:

5 Likes

Thats beautiful!! They do look strong and self assured!!
I have many photos of my ancestors. I’ll have to go through some and share.
Thanks for sharing your amazing photos!!

4 Likes

You have a very good looking family.
I’m the same when it comes to being fascinated with anything dealing with the older, the better!! I would love to jump throughout history!!! Thanks for sharing your photos!!!

4 Likes

You’re welcome @christina4! I love the candids that are like the ones @Satu_TheGreenWitch posted. Those are my favorites because you can see them in their own element of being during a whole other timeframe of the world.

Thank you @Satu_TheGreenWitch for starting the discussion!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.