Can forgetting to cast a circle let in unwanted energies/spirits?

Snicker, snicker. I live in central Florida, been here 18years and I don’t remember the last time I messed with the furnace.

5 Likes

Hahah I am my own heater half the time always warm to the touch no installation needed in our house :yum:

7 Likes

I don’t tend to cast a circle when I spell work, so I don’t believe that would have impacted your Magick :blush:

I cleanse and protect my home every full moon and that’s enough for me to feel like my space is protected and safe.

Good luck with the migraines, I get them too, they’re no fun at all :pensive:

Stay hydrated :droplet:

8 Likes

Will forgetting to dissolve the circle and then have someone else enter it cause that person to feel uncomfortable?

7 Likes

I am not sure i never thought of that :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

That’s another really great question, Zari! Hope you don’t mind if I jump in on this one.

Not all witches cast circles- and the type and function of the circle can vary fairly significantly from witch to witch and practice to practice. If you do choose to use a circle and you or someone else enter/exit your circle without opening a door in the circle or removing the circle, I believe there is the possibility for problems to occur.

The Circle Casting FAQ in the Spells8 Circle Casting For All Guide says the following about this:

Can I leave the circle?

This depends entirely on the practitioner or coven. According to Raymond Buckland, “At no time during the working of magick should the Circle be broken. At other times it is possible to leave the Circle and return, though this should always be done with care, and no more than absolutely necessary.”

I think it’s safe to safe that all witches who do choose to use circles in their practice will agree that, after the circle has been conjured and used, it must then be taken down (click here for How to Take Down a Circle).

That being said, forgetting to remove a circle does not necessarily mean the spell will fail or there will be negative consequences. Here is what the circle guide says if someone forgets to take the circle down:

What if you forget to take a circle down?

If you forget to take a circle down, it isn’t the end of the world. But if you took the time to create a formal energy barrier to protect you, it’s good form to release it and not forget. Over time the circle will dissipate on its own.

Any potential side effects of accidentally breaking the circle will likely depend on the type of spellwork you are casting. If someone is casting protective magick or a healing spell, I think it is quite unlikely that the good energies contained within the circle would cause any unintended harm.

If the circle where a caster was containing Baneful/Black Magick was broken, however, I feel that that kind of strong and hateful negative energy could very well have a negative effect if released onto the wrong target.

For anyone weighing the pros and cons of using circles in their practice, Francisco gave some really great advice that I’ve copied here:

Hope that helped to give you a better idea and answer your question! Wishing you blessed casting- Love and Light! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Great advice thanks @BryWisteria

5 Likes

Hello @Abs53

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, but according to my casting a circle can give you a space for relaxation, protected by energy from the universe. Of course, you can cast spell without a circle. It is not compulsory. @anneshakargupta

7 Likes

Absolutely, it’s just not something I’ve ever felt necessary to do in my practice. I protect my space in different ways :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Oh God, you are a great teacher and angel of salvation, thank you for your valuable time answering my questions. I am very new and I do all my work from the guide videos here. In one video it was said that a circle is not necessary but somewhere someone asked a question that if someone is in the room I can read the spell and in response It was said that it is better to use a circle, so I used a circle because our house is very small and I am in the same room with my sister.

7 Likes

Hmm, I don’t cast enough circles to really have a definite answer. My opinion based solely on speculation is that if they walk through a circle that’s been up for say maybe an hour, then they might feel uncomfortable. I don’t think a circle will stay up indefinitely unless you have it created that way and powered by an outside object. Otherwise, it’ll just dissipate if there’s no energy to hold it up.

7 Likes

Thank you very much for your opinion :pray:t2::blue_heart::orange_heart:

7 Likes

You’re very welcome, @TheMuslimWitch! :heart:

You are very kind, @zari- it’s my pleasure to help whenever I can! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I think you’re already doing the best thing any new witch can do, which is to try and experiment with different things. Use circles sometimes, don’t use circles sometimes, and see what works best for your practice and your living situation! :blush: Good luck and blessed be!

6 Likes

kind? Not as much as you! :blush: In addition, you are patient, generous and very wise. I am happy to have you and the other professors by my side at the beginning of my journey.

6 Likes

Oh goodness, I’m blushing! :blush: Thank you for your very kind compliments, @Zari- I think it is a pleasure that you are here too!

Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

@Garnet Thankyou for this awesome information. Took me most of my life to track what combination of issues caused my migraines which cause me to go blind for about half an hour when I get them. Just as migraines are multipronged in their cause so they need to be multipronged in the solution, so for me I take disprin, a heat pack around the neck and lie in a dark room as well as increasing my water intake just in case dehydration is involved as I live in australia which can get excruciatingly hot. Every one is different and the management of migraines is different for everyone too. Keep trying different things and put a note in your journal what happened before during and after each episode and you will find your own management plan for this. Takes time and effort but it’s well worth it. Hate to say it but I had to eliminate all caffeine as the migraines were a symptom of my withdrawal if I didn’t have enough caffeine in a day. Migraine causes are as unique as the person that has them and it’s absolutely beautiful to experience a group of enlightened individuals like this to discuss how we each can find ways to tackle this annoying and painful issue.

8 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch Loved this article and can sympathize with you! Circles or spheres can be anchored in an area such as your ritual room or area or it can be anchored around yourself. The circle video at Spells8 using meditation and no tools is an excellent personal circle casting anchored through yourself using earth and divine energy. We all have a toroidal field of electromagnetic energy moving through and around us and when we cast a personal circle this expands this toroidal field further and infuses it with our intent. If you forget to cast an external circle anchored within the area you are conducting spellwork, you still have your personal field protecting and working for you at all times and it will be infused automatically with your intent anyway, it just won’t be as large or as powerful as you would like to assist you with your spellwork. Don’t forget that your own personal toroidal energy field runs off your own personal energy you generate from eating and moving but a consciously made sphere runs off energy from our surroundings such as the earth and the divine exactly as described in the spells8 video on casting a personal circle. Never be afraid to give all types of circle casting a go and journal it so you don’t have to do it again especially if you didn’t enjoy performing it the first time. Nothing bad will ever happen to you if you forget something magically speaking as your intent is positive. If your strapped for time, you don’t have to use tools, and the spells8 circle casting has the added benefit of relaxing the mind and body and some issues associated with migraines.

7 Likes

Thank you this is information it will help me a lot :blush:

6 Likes

This might sound crazy but have you seen a chiropractor? Sometimes our necks need to be adjusted in order to relieve any kind of head/neck pains and pressure. Sending big hugs to you

7 Likes

I never thought of that it wold be worth a try anything that would help… Thank you for the suggestion :blush:

6 Likes