Can you use your altar space for more than one ongoing spell at a time?

It’s beautiful @starborn !

I have a question for you ladies @Devenne and @starborn I have a spell sitting on my altar that needs to stay there for 3 days. Do I need to create another altar if I want to do another spell?

10 Likes

Hi Mystique! :blush:

I hope you don’t mind that I rehomed your question to a space of its own in the Q&A category - this is because questions tend to get buried in the comments of other threads, especially long ones! I hope that by putting it here it can get the attention and answers it deserves :heart:

If I can slip in my two cents, I would say it’s perfectly fine to share your altar space across multiple ongoing spells if space is a concern :+1:

The only things I would recommend being wary of are your energy and intention- it can be draining energy-wise to have multiple spells at the same moment, and if the intentions for the spells are different it will, naturally, pull the caster’s intention/focus in different directions. This may be okay for some, but if focus is wavering, both spells may become weaker.

Again, this may not be a concern, but it’s something worth considering before running two (or more) spells at once! :mage: :sparkles:

Wishing you all the best with your spellwork - blessed be!

12 Likes

Don’t mind the moving at all @BryWisteria ! Thank you for giving it it’s own space!

Your response makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much! Doing one spell is draining enough. I can see how having more than one going could be exhausting.

10 Likes

I feel that! Spells sure can be draining, especially when emotions are involved.

I guess (if I can play my own devil’s advocate? Is that allowed? :joy:) a caveat would be if the caster’s role in the spell is done, and the spell is hanging out on the altar while the universe or a deity continues to work on it.

In other words, if the spell is still being fuelled by the caster’s energy, then yeah - probably best to stick to one at a time. But if it’s already in the hands of the divine, then a second spell could have the caster’s entire focus and attention and would probably be fine to have both out at the same time :grinning: :+1:

It’s given me a lot to ponder on - it’s a great question! Thank you for putting it out there, Mystique :heart:

Blessed be!

11 Likes

Personally I do something like this:

It’s not necessary – it just helps keep me feeling organised. :laughing:

I’ve also watched a few ritual tutorials where the candle has to be left to burn and the practitioner tells us to move it from the working altar space to somewhere it won’t be disturbed.

So there are a few ways you can achieve this if you aren’t comfortable with just switching it up in the same space right away.

9 Likes

@Mystique nope I don’t use a separate space. If I have a 3 day going. I still function the same at the same space and will do other work at the same time as long as I’m up to it.

@Mystique

9 Likes

Fabulous @starborn ! Thank you so much. This helps a lot. :purple_heart:

@BryWisteria yes, my work is done. Both spells require sitting in the altar for 3 days for the universe to do it’s work. Thank you :purple_heart: very helpful!

9 Likes

To add to that, she also puts things the cats might want to play with or eat into containers, so that she can safely leave them there, @Mystique. Something to consider if Sibyl and Smokey like to get nosy with things they shouldn’t.

9 Likes

Haha yes. Good point. Any food that isn’t fruit I always put in a container. Otherwise Tom will have a snack lol :laughing:

I gave the gods a piece of cake the other day. Right in a Tupperware. Lol

9 Likes

Thank you so much @Devenne and @starborn

I did cover the food offerings because Smokey gets into everything! Sybil will not eat anything other than her food in her dish until she is told it’s ok.

9 Likes

Bwhahahahahaha I am not alone

Ps your always welcome :hugs:

9 Likes

I understand. :laughing: After the spell, I went to the supermarket next door, and by the time I was back, someone had already spilled some of my herb mix (from the little square plate I was using to catch extra when anointing the candle) onto my altar placemat.

I guess that’s another good use for my placemats. My altar cloth is some kind of velvet material so it’s just easier not to get anything on it at all. I was able to shake the placemat clean.

9 Likes

Lol. Oh and herbs forget it. The minute I pull out my tub full of herbs the cats noses start goingand they want it They always want to get into my herbs. Which could be dangerous depending what ya have. I wouldn’t put it past mine to eat the herbs :laughing:

9 Likes

They’re little herbalists in the making. :laughing:

9 Likes

Your not lying lol. If I open it and they are in the room. They start walking towards the tub the minute the lid is off n get a whiff. I’m like noooooooooo! Lol :laughing:

That is not for you

8 Likes

“Time to get to work.” :laughing:

My cats don’t care unless I look interested in eating it. Then they’re like, “Ooh. Mine, too?”

If I don’t look like I’m going to eat it, they just don’t care.

“What’s yours is mine” seems to be their motto. :laughing:

8 Likes

Lol for sure.

Lucky hahaha mine like to jump on the counters and go anywhere not covered. Like having a pair of toddlers at times. Jerry at food time even if his bowl is full is crying at me I’m like stop that u have food and I show him but he doesn’t seem to care lol he wants more.

If u leave it they will find it

8 Likes

What a silly one! :laughing:

8 Likes

My Loki tries to eat food right out of mouth! :laughing::crazy_face:

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2: that’s too funny!

9 Likes