Candle Dressings

Here are some ways you can charge your candles in correspondence with the spellwork you are performing.

I am a firm believer that these herbs and plants have ‘spirits’ so be sure to thank them for their aid during your spellwork.

You can follow these recipes exactly as is…or use 2-3 herbs, 1 herb, or 5…it’s up to you. :slight_smile:

You place them in your mortar and pestle and grind until you have a fine powder or you can keep it “chunky” just remember the bigger the herbs are left, the riskier your entire candle can catch on fire! :fire:

You can also use these herbs to make anointing oils.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing! I’m mainly doing candle magic but am working on incorporating more herbs as well, so this is really helpful :blush:

I have a question though; once you have the herb powder, do you mix it with a bit of oil to help it to stick to the candle?

2 Likes

I typically use a bees wax candle (has lots of dents) OR I use a tooth pick in a smooth candle and draw a sigil…or write words…the “dents” help to keep the herbs on.

I use anointing oils to help the herbs stick…If I want to bring something to me, I dress it from the wick down. If I want to let something go I dress it from the bottom up.

You can check this out - https://youtu.be/Dp7AhtF2NVY

1 Like

Thank you for the tips and the video, very helpful :grinning:
And speaking of the video, I loved catching a glimpse of your beautiful altar in the background :hibiscus: :star2:

3 Likes

He is a full on picture :smiley: Thank you!

7 Likes

Wow Very nice! Thank you so much, these are handy!!

1 Like