Candle making

@BryWisteria @MeganB
I can confirm that they orange candles DO work. I made mine in a small whisky glass (being from Scotland) and put a range of seeds in as i didnt have enough clove. It is now burning on my altar.

6 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully after recovery I can open my shop back up!!

6 Likes

Oh that looks great!

5 Likes

I’m hoping so too! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Brandy :heart::pray:

Love the whisky glass (:scotland: :two_hearts: ) and gosh, it looks gorgeous burning so brightly and beautifully on your altar! :blush:

May I ask how long it ended up burning for? :candle::eyes:

7 Likes

it burned for around an hour then it got a bit smokey so I had to snuff it out. Nice little project though if you have some spare oranges (and very quick to make!).

6 Likes

Always a smart move to snuff if it seems to be acting up :+1: Still a very fun experiment though, thank you for giving it a try, @Cosmic_Curiosity! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I used up my last mandarin oranges in the simmer pot from the other day- next run to the store I’ll try to remember to grab an orange/other citrus to give this a try too! :tangerine: :grinning:

Hooray for candle crafting! :candle::sparkles:

8 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Scotland & Scottish Magick Resources

I have been wanting to make my own candles for the longest time. I have no clue where to begin. I will start with the orange candle. Thant looks so pretty.

7 Likes

@Iyanifa Get yourself a basic candlemaking kit to start off. It comes with the basics to get you started. Pinterest is great for getting design and scent ideas to experiment with

7 Likes

So kind of you @Cosmic_Curiosity!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@Dierna_Nimue_Selene I’m a little late on this one, but I buy the colored beeswax candles from Amazon. I purchase extra wicks and I deconstruct the candle and turn one candle into 4. They burn fast also, so if you are doing a candle spell you don’t have to wait to long for it to burn down.

6 Likes

Thank you for the responses. I am looking on Amazon for a candle making kit. I am going to watch a few You Tube videos. I am going to ask my husband to get me a kit for my birthday.

6 Likes

That’s a great b-day present to ask for! I hope you’re able to find and get the perfect kit :candle::blush:

Good luck and blessed candle crafting! :heart:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.