Candles and fire phobia

Greetings!

I’m new to here, but I was practicing divination and witchcraft without really knowing. I have pyrophobia, I can’t manipulate lighten candles or light them. Is it mandatory to use candles? Could I use something else to replace this element? I want to do things right…

Thanks to all and be blessed!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @isabelle2 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m sure you’re not the only witch or person who is afraid of fire - that’s okay! I think it’s totally fine to have some sort of substitution. You can’t practice magic or cast spells if you’re in a constant state of fear, right?

Here are some things you may want to try as substitutes for lit candles:

• electric candles
  • images of fire-related objects or creatures; i.e. a lit candle, a phoenix, a salamander, etc.
  • certain fire-related crystals such as carnelian

If you are casting spells, you can always use a different energy source or object than fire and flames. There are three other elements, afterall!

13 Likes

Thank you so much for answering me! It’s a real release! :smile:

9 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad I was able to help!

9 Likes

I can understand the fire phobia…

Something else to think about is:

I have a diffuser that has cut out of a flame & lights up orange… as the mist comes out of the top it looks like a flame. It would also be a way to use all 4 elements at a time!

10 Likes

Hi there!

Some years ago I used to light virtual candles, if you are comfortable with the virtual representation of things it could be an option. It was something like this site:

Although I have a little lava piece to represent fire when I can’t use candles for some reasons. Other option I had used in the past is a piece of some geode since they are created from pure fire and lava.

10 Likes

Thank you very much for your ideas! I will check this out! Be blessed! :heart:

5 Likes

Very similar to @Susurrus I recently purchased a diffuser that has the illusion of flames. I just liked the ambiance of it. Still waiting for it to come in but I’m sure something like that can substitute along with the other wonderful ideas already given. I hadn’t thought of using it for that purpose but now I probably will from time to time! Thanks for the ideas! :slight_smile: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4R5SDYV/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_9?smid=A15KATL1EB5KIG&psc=1

5 Likes

@robin77 I have it on for a few hours during the day for the ambiance & loved that the mist also looked like a flame coming from the top if I run out of candles or can’t light one for some reason. @MeganB had pointed out that using them is also a way to incorporate using the 4 elements all at once too, which really made it more :thinking: special for me to use & not have to figure out if I’m missing one when I am using my altars or space :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

That’s a very great idea! Thank you for sharing it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.