Cast for the Past

And yes, I also feel we all suddenly have a whole lot of work to do. And I believe we can and will over time. :+1:t4: :smiley:

6 Likes

So I posted this in another discussion, then I realized it’s very useful for this one as well.

I know a few of us intend to “cast for the past” to heal and bless those who traumatized us…before they traumatized us. This can bring up quite a bit of triggers and negative emotions.

This is a technique I just learned this week.

In my Yoga Instructor Certification course, our teacher (a Buddhist monk in India) offered this mind-blowing concept.

We’ve almost all been taught when meditating, to breathe in love and breathe out our negativity…like to clear the system of it.

But the monk says differently, and I agree with him. He says that using this method is like taking only love from the universe and then dumping our energetic/emotional garbage into it. I’ve often hesitated to exhale my negative issues because I wondered how they wouldn’t pollute my environment. Turns out, it was a very intuitive thought.

So instead, he explains that our heart is actually capable of transmuting negative energy into love and we can use this idea every time we sit down to meditate.

Start by getting comfortable and taking a few deep diaphragmatic breaths.
Put both hands over your heart.
Feel its warmth emanate into your palms and reflect it back throughout your body.
When you feel ready, bring a triggering thought to your mind, then inhale the pain, frustration, anger, or whatever it is you are dealing with.
Send the emotions straight to your heart.
Hold it there for a moment, (you don’t have to hold your breath here) and feel its glowing warmth take on the negative emotions. Allow it to change them into pure love; love of self, and love of others involved…you really have to get past the issue and find the love in your core being for the world and everyone/everything in it.
Then exhale that pure love into your environment.
Repeat until the triggering thought no longer triggers the emotions it did before.

I advise starting with something small and then working your way up to larger and more triggering. You can also do this in regard to any world events that are triggering.

Since I started doing this instead of the other way during my meditations, EVERYTHING has started changing and I feel more open and my energy seems to flow more easily with fewer blockages.

10 Likes

I’m so glad you posted this :people_hugging: @August_Wandering
I was also taught a method of transmuting negative energy into good energy in my studies. However, I think you explained it much better than I could, you are a natural (master) teacher. Thank you so much! :pray:
With much love :heart: always,
Marsha

6 Likes

Aw…thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

So I was planning my Cast for the Past to happen on Samhain, then I realized we celebrate Dios de Los Muertos and that would be the more appropriate time for me. I’ll already have my Ofrenda set up and dedicated to the ancestors…which will make the perfect altar for this particular round of casting. :+1:t4: :grinning: :grinning:

If you’re not familiar with the holiday, here’s a link to explain it.

7 Likes

I live this and it makes so much sense! I have some time carved out for some meditation this weekend (I think my Samhain celebration is going to be Sunday evening). I am eager to get started!

9 Likes

OK, so tonight’s the night for me. How’s everyone else’s attempts to cast for the past going?

I found this book (by now you know me and my addiction to books) about healing ancestral karma and it most serendipitously referred me back to vibrations and frequencies (if you’re following the post on frequency work you’ll laugh right about now).

But it also has some really great things one can do to get on the same frequency as the dead and do healing/forgiveness sessions with even the most difficult ancestors.

It even has some rituals for actual conversations with them…

So it seems it will take many attempts, but tonight I’m making the first attempt. I converted my Samhain altar into a Dia de los Muertos Ofrenda so it’s now covered in photos of all the ancestors I could gather.

I wish you all fabulous experiences with this experiment in healing!

8 Likes

I did some great meditation focusing on my great grandmother and grandmother for Samhain. This looks like an interest book! I’m excited to hear more about your experiences!

7 Likes

Ok, so I did the thing and thought I’d unpack my experience with all of you.

It didn’t happen exactly how I planned it though. I’d read all the stuff in the book about divination and contacting the ancestors and whatnot, but when it came to settling in to do the work, I suddenly felt that what my ancestors needed was a sound bath.

So, I did just that. I lit my candles and cast my circle then sat down with my crystal singing bowls in front of my Ofrenda and addressed their chakra needs one by one with tones. It was rather interesting as I kind of tranced out. I usually do with the bowls, but this time was different. I had heartfelt images of events of their times and the challenges, hardships, and heartaches they experienced.

I asked them to give me all their pain and suffering chakra by chakra, directing my words to match the energy of each from root to crown. I also did the whole transmute the negative in my heart and release it as love thing on each chakra, but I added releasing forgiveness as well.

Then I thanked each of them for the one special moment I’d had with them and how it helped form me as I am today. I told them that I wanted to hear all their voices so I could become a whole version of our DNA. I also meditated on healing our group DNA starting with the one ancestor who I know is the epicenter of my main disorder, then worked through the rest in order of medical history importance.

I encouraged them to let it all go, to consider their business on earth to be complete, reminding them they are forgiven and loved, and that they are free to return to the quantum field at their will. I invited them to make contact if they wanted or needed to and committed to keeping an awareness for signs of their presence.

Then as I got to the last tone, the last bowl, the crown chakra bowl, saying my thanks and that we’d somehow know each other again in some form and to contact me whenever they like, something weird happened. Everyone I know that is dead started popping up around my ancestors. Two were family I’d no pictures for my Ofrenda, but they seemed ok with it. But dead friends showed up too. It was not what I expected. I will not lie, there was some definite emotional stuff as it felt like they were there with me.

Overall, it was a transformational experience and a lovely ritual that I will definitely repeat every year. And you can bet I’m going to be doing experiments all year long.

:+1:t4: :+1:t4: :+1:t4: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. I’m going to try doing it this way. :person_in_lotus_position:

7 Likes

That’s amazing, @August_Wandering! I cannot wait to try more and to hear about your experiments!

6 Likes

Wow! This is fascinating, and mind-bending for me. I have a hard time dealing with time in a linear sense, so it gives me a lot to think about and apply to my Magick. Thank you!

6 Likes

Maybe this will turn into a witchy challenge in some form!

6 Likes

Sounds like I’m in, on the path. It’s shown face that I need healing 3 x’s lately!! Before I take another step, healing is highly recommended.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t want to steal the thunder from the wonderful August here- this discussion has become a great place to talk about casting for the past! :raised_hands: :blush:

That being said, it has been a while since we did an energy challenge, so perhaps another energy-based theme (for which casting for the past could be an option for an entry) could go into the works :grinning: :+1:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

I think that is a fabulous idea! Not stealing any thunder from me, not one bit. I like to give my thunder away to empower those around me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:t4:

But this would be a fantastic group activity! Imagine what we could do with all that energy being directed to a singular purpose!!

5 Likes

Sorry I’ve been a little absent…trying to build a podcasting studio setup in my room. :rofl: It’s definitely a challenge to say the least.

I just wanted to say that I think TheTravelWitch_Bry’s idea of making this into a coven energy challenge is just brilliant!

Imagine what we could do as a unified force manipulating the energies to manifest together!

6 Likes

While I’m always happy to lend a hand with forum activities, the real credit goes to the wonderful @mary25 for sparking the idea! :sparkles::grinning:

You’re a blessing, @August_Wandering :heart: :blush:

You’ve written everything up so wonderfully and clearly here in this discussion that I doubt I could portray it nearly as well as you do (and I kind of feel like it would be a shame to split the discussion up into two parts between seperate posts)- so, in the spirit of making Cast for the Past into a coven-wide challenge, I will go ahead and make this discussion an activity by rehoming it into the Activities Category. I will also include it in the “Fun in the Forum” activity highlight section of the MMM to help put it on the coven’s radar, and additionally will feature it in the next energy-themed WWC (perhaps within the next few weeks!) :grinning: :+1:

May everyone continue to enjoy their energy work and casting for the past!

Blessed be! :sparkles::blush:

7 Likes

Yes!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Since I am just reading this now…today!! I think it’s a perfect time with the blood moon! I have been working with trauma for many years now and trying to heal the past through many different vehicles. I’ve been studying quantum physics for many years (like 20), but I still feel like my grasp is very basic and just scratches the surface. I am all over this! I can’t thank you enough for writing this post!! :heart:

6 Likes

Yes, I was always taught to send the energy to places to be transmuted and transformed instead of just leaving the negativity out there.

6 Likes