Catnip - And a Recipe for Protection Oil

Catnip - Nepeta cataria – has long been associated with cats. Even its Latin-derived cataria means “of a cat.” And research shows that cats big and small adore this weedy, invasive member of the mint family.

12 Likes

I’ve been looking for something like this…thanks beautiful :heart: I have catnip and the oil, besides rosemary, what other herbs can work with this one?

6 Likes

Great video as always! My cat is one of those rare ones that doesn’t react to catnip. It’s so disappointing because I can’t get him high and laugh at him. LOL.

5 Likes

I had a cat that didn’t react to catnip either. He would look at us like we were nuts when we put it down for him or in a toy that he usually would play with. :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s weird how some don’t react to it.

4 Likes

I love the combination of green witchery and science here- a very informative video! :heart_eyes_cat: Growing up, we had two family cats that would go wild with their catnip toys. The memory still makes me smile :blush:

Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom, @Silverbear! :heart:

4 Likes

Great, now where can I get the write it down recipe?

4 Likes

I love this & just recently found Catnip in my witchy herbs when I was going through what I have. I just have to get some more amber bottles. I have it written down in my BOS for when I get them. Thank you @SilverBear!

5 Likes

That’s wonderful thank You :blush:
I also have catnip!
Blessed be!

4 Likes

This information about catnip would make a lovely entry to a BOS/Grimoire! :open_book:

Aside from taking handwritten notes from the video, I know @Silverbear has a lot of wonderful content, so she may have a graphic or perhaps some text-based information about Catnip. And @Francisco is always hard at work adding content to the site- perhaps Catnip could go on the to-be-added list for the Herbal Witchcraft Course content :cat: :herb:

5 Likes

As promised, I added a Catnip printable page to the Grimoire!

Catnip-Magical-Properties-Grimoire

9 Likes

Great information on it too! Thanks, @Francisco!

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m sure as a bonus the cats will be crazy about me, it’s just that they are such mean drunks. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

You mean like this?? :laughing:

tenor

6 Likes

Yep, they beat the snot out of each other.

3 Likes