Catnip herbs uses?

I herd you can enhance your abilities with catnip but I don’t remember how they said and what are some good uses for it? I tried looking around the site

5 Likes

There is some good information on this page on the internet here. But I’m sure @Francisco has even more information and might share it with you when he comes online. He’s great like that. Or one of our green witches.

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

If you ever can’t figure out what catnip can be used for, you can start out with its mundane properties. Normally those go hand-in-hand.

Drugs.com says that Catnip has been used for a whole load of things.

Catnip’s leaves and shoots have been used as a flavoring in sauces, soups, and stews, and in several patented beverages, as well as in fruit table wines and liquors. The use of catnip leaves and flowers in herbal teas was documented at least as early as 1735 in the General Irish Herbal . Medicinally, the plant has been used to treat intestinal cramps, for indigestion, to cause sweating, to induce menstruation, as a sedative, and to increase appetite. Additionally, the plant has been used to treat diarrhea, colic, the common cold, and cancer. In Appalachia, nervous conditions, stomach ailments, hives, and the common cold have been treated with catnip tea. The dried leaves have been smoked to relieve respiratory ailments, and a poultice has been used externally to reduce swelling. In the early 1900s, the flowering tops and leaves were used to induce delayed menses. During the 1960s, catnip was reportedly smoked for its euphoric effects. Source

It looks like you could use it to enhance your abilities, but in a sense that you would be easing your anxieties and nervousness, opening yourself up more to the possibilities of what you could do.

I don’t think we have any specific info on catnip here on Spells8, but a quick Google search may bring you some other sources.

8 Likes

That’s a lot of good info I read it enhances abilities and I tried researching but it has no spells or on how

4 Likes

How you use it is going to depend on what kind of spell you’re doing. You could get catnip tea. You could burn it (if it’s safe to do so). You could create a salve and place it on your temples. The limit here is just your imagination :star2:

4 Likes

@MaganB Thank you for this info, real informative :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Yes that helped thank you it has a lot of info I read it all last night

4 Likes

Yes thank you :blush:

4 Likes

You’re both very welcome! Maybe one day Francisco will create a page for catnip
:point_right: @Francisco :point_left:

5 Likes

That’s a great idea! I’ll add catnip to my list of grimoire pages to make!

Uses for Catnip

Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences lists catnip as related to these qualities:

• Fertility
  • Courage
  • Harmony
  • Anger (to soothe, diffuse or control anger)

Element: Water
Zodiac: Pisces, Cancer
Energy: Yin (femenine)

Based on that, you may use cantip in a dream pillow for protection during sleep, or dream work. Also for relaxing, soothing anxiety, and helping sleep. :zzz:

7 Likes